Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭ainy

Kauto0709 wrote:
    I stopped expressing 2 weeks ago and have been careful not to stimulate the breasts since but am still leaking... anyone else who is not breastfeeding having this problem?

I was wondering the same thing, i'my only a week finished so guess have to grin and bear it for another while! Get very itchy nipples at times though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Yep. Baby nearly 5 weeks old and still leaking too! :D

Use breast pads to protect your clothes until it stops :)

How long does it usually take do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭baby_pebble

I wasn't breastfeeding at all and baby is 3weeks tomorrow, left boob has dried up but right one still leaking a bit? So maybe give it another week

Does everyone have their babies now? Or anyone still waiting?

Myself and babs doing well, I can't believe how big she has gotten already!!

How is everyone else?

We are doing good, have a bit of dilemma at the moment, baby is 4weeks this Sunday coming but he is looking for bottle every 2 hours around 5oz each time and not settling at night, started him on hungry baby feed at night which has helped alot sleeping an extra hour and settling easier for us but I'm worried as a lot of talk online about it being bad for baby?
    Any input anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    Does everyone have their babies now? Or anyone still waiting?

Myself and babs doing well, I can't believe how big she has gotten already!!

How is everyone else?

All good here, 6 weeks on Tuesday! WHERE does the time go?!?! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭deedless

2 weeks tomorrow and doing great. She is putting on loads of weight and looks and feels bigger and more alert.

She is BFing and my left side is fine. Right boob hurts a bit still though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

All good here! The little man is growing like a weed. He will be 4 weeks on Monday.

Glad to hear that everyone else is doing good too!

All good with us too, she takes ideas of having 2 hourly bottles at times babypebble, we were thinking of hungry baby feed but then she was going back to 3 hourly so i don't really have any input for you but sounds like if he'still drinking 5 oz every 2 hours it's a lot of feed, definitely sounds like an example of hungry baby!! (Although i'm a novice at all this too!)

think we're going to have to transfer herself to the cot this weekend, think she's getting too big for moses basket, doesn't seem to have enough room to stretch out, started using the sleeping bag things and she seems to settle better, she just kept kicking the blankets off!
    4 weeks tomorrow, it's flying! have her bcg appointment next week, not looking forward to bringing her for that😕

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭yamiki

They go through a growth spurt at about three/four weeks old. My little man is three weeks now and currently on the boob every two hours... Even at night. I'm wrecked, but I know it'll pass :) hang in there!

• Advertisement

5 weeks now and tear down below still not healed :-(

Kauto0709 wrote:
    5 weeks now and tear down below still not healed :-(

I was having a look with a mirror and mine still seems quite raw looking, no pain though, you still having pain? they'l be checked at your 6 week check but if your concerned i'd go to your gp for a check before then.

my bleeding is just starting to stop now, when would I expect first period then? would love a couple weeks of not bleeding!

ainy wrote: »
    I was having a look with a mirror and mine still seems quite raw looking, no pain though, you still having pain? they'l be checked at your 6 week check but if your concerned i'd go to your gp for a check before then.

my bleeding is just starting to stop now, when would I expect first period then? would love a couple weeks of not bleeding!

Yes still sore! Not agony now, I can sit down ok which I couldn't the first couple of weeks but still sore especially when going toilet. 6 week check-up is next week anyway so will ask her to check it!

I stopped bleeding after two weeks, still have a heavy discharge though. I was looking up about periods before and apparently when bottle feeding they can return any time from 5 weeks to 3 months or so.

Kauto0709 wrote:
    I stopped bleeding after two weeks, still have a heavy discharge though. I was looking up about periods before and apparently when bottle feeding they can return any time from 5 weeks to 3 months or so.

ah so it can be whenever now so! my boobs have stopped leaking now which is good, just need to get fitted for new bras now and can get out of my nursing ones and feel a bit more normal!!

definitely get her to check you out next week too!

My once perfect baby is suffering from what I think is infant gas, he is bloated, belly is hard and is distressed and cries when trying to pass wind. Burping has gotten harder too :( started him on sma comfort today
    Any other tips to help ease his pain

My once perfect baby is suffering from what I think is infant gas, he is bloated, belly is hard and is distressed and cries when trying to pass wind. Burping has gotten harder too started him on sma comfort today Any other tips to help ease his pain

my little one gets that on and off, I find rubbing her tummy while she's lying on her back helps!

Nearly 6 weeks now since I gave birth and between leaking books and still not healed tear down below I am feeling like my body will never be back to normal :-(

It's getting me down in myself and affecting my relationship with my partner.

It's funny how noone ever talks about these things. In the media people just give birth and then that's it, they go home with baby and live happily ever after, not a bother.

're-admitted to hospital! :( baby had a temperature two days ago, so we brought him in. Now he's fine again but I have a fever and am also admitted! God knows what's going on here. :( hopefully I'll be out soon, not what I needed.

Oh girls few us hitting a bit of a rough patch :( Kauto I feel like my relationship was also being affected and like you said no one ever mentions this. Everybody talks about labour but no one ever mentions the first few weeks after. At least with labour there is an end to it and an amazing prize at the end, but the first few weeks of no sleep, milk problems, colic, reflux and whatever else is what people need to know about!

Everything will eventually get back to normal for us, at the end of the day our bodies went through something pretty life changing and needs just as long to resolve itself. We will get there keep your head up and take a few mins everyday to yourself weather it's a nice hot shower or quick walk outside, I know this has helped me:)

Yamiki get well soon to you both! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

Kauto try not to be too hard on yourself. It took nine months for your body to change so give yourself time. It will change. I am from the January thread and the first eight weeks are definitely tough. After that they do settle down and you can start spending a bit more time on yourself. My baby is 14 weeks and I have just started to exercise now. Baby pebble my baby had the same symptoms as yours and we found colief brilliant.

• Advertisement

Home again thankfully! Bloody hospital. Some viral thing apparently, I'm just happy to be out.

yamiki wrote: »
    Home again thankfully! Bloody hospital. Some viral thing apparently, I'm just happy to be out.

You poor thing! Hope you and baby are ok now.

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    You poor thing! Hope you and baby are ok now.

Yeah we're both good again!
    Himself is feeding non stop though, which is taking its toll, both physically (my nipples!) And mentally. I spend all evening with him clamped on to me. And if he's not feeding he's bawling looking for more. Better during the day, but the evening is pure torture at the moment.

How is everyone?

We had our little girl Christened yesterday. It was a wonderful day! Hard to believe she is 8 weeks old already! Anyone else find the time is just flying by??!!

Kauto0709 wrote:
    We had our little girl Christened yesterday. It was a wonderful day! Hard to believe she is 8 weeks old already! Anyone else find the time is just flying by??!!

our christening is today! hoping the rain might ease off for a little bit!
    The time is going so fast, isn't it?! I keep looking at her and hoping she'd stay this size forever! can't remember what it was like before she was here, what did we do with all our time?!

she's piling on the pounds, had a hospital appointment with her during the week and the doctor was laughing at her double chin!! she's getting so alert now and smiling all the time, it's the nicest feeling in the world seeing your baby's face light up with a smile!

she slept through to 7 on Saturday morning, thought we had cracked it, then she was awake at 5 this morning but suppose it's still good going for 7 weeks.
    hope everyone else is well and all the babies are behaving!

Last 3 days my baby has been seriously suffering with gas and wind came out of nowhere since yesterday diarrhea. Poor thing is in so much pain. Bought fennel tea today and a infant probiotic also moved onto cow and gate hoping sma is to blame for it all

Last 3 days my baby has been seriously suffering with gas and wind came out of nowhere since yesterday diarrhea. Poor thing is in so much pain. Bought fennel tea today and a infant probiotic also moved onto cow and gate hoping sma is to blame for it all

Oh dear :-( Maybe contact your public health nurse or GP for advice.

they keep brushing it off as normal and it will pass and my phn is away with the fairies :/

When did this change?

• Advertisement

When did this change?

Advertisement