Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭ainy

Baby boy born at 8.41 this morning weighing in at a whopping 9lb 15oz!

25 minutes on the labour ward. He was really excited to meet his mamma!!

wow very quick crazy cat lady! big congratulations! the fun starts now!

we got out today, was so nice to have a shower a home, feeling very tired, iron level dropped significantly, had an infusion in the hospital and back taking supplement tablets!

only other issue is massively engorged breasts, my milk came in and their rock hard between feeds but I can massage them and it settles and once she feeds they feel ok for a while anyway!!!

hope everyone else coping well with babies or bumps!

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭deedless

Congratulations Crazy Cat Lady. Looks like the docs were right when they said don't mess around re timings! Very big little boy.

That's good that you are home Ainy.

How are you doing these days Kauto?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

deedless wrote: »
    Congratulations Crazy Cat Lady. Looks like the docs were right when they said don't mess around re timings! Very big little boy.

That's good that you are home Ainy.

How are you doing these days Kauto?

We are getting there. I am combination feeding now. She would never latch on to the breast properly so have been pumping and giving her both expressed breastmilk and formula. It's tough though pumping on top of everything else. By the time she is fed, winded, changed and settled and then I pump, it is nearly time to go all over again! Not to mention the sterilising and making up bottles. I am exhausted and so is my partner. Hoping it gets easier but I love my little girl to bits.

Oh that sounds very stressful. Poor you! You must try not to be too anxious about it. Your little girl needs a functional relaxed Mum more than any particular food.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭yamiki

So, two days past due date, and I'll be induced Friday next week if nothing happens until then. I got a sweep done this afternoon though so fingers crossed it'll get things moving!

• Advertisement

yamiki wrote: »
    So, two days past due date, and I'll be induced Friday next week if nothing happens until then. I got a sweep done this afternoon though so fingers crossed it'll get things moving!

Fingers crossed for you!

How did you find it Yamiki? I was in this morning for a check up and they offered a sweep next week, but am a bit "on the fence" and squeamish about it.

How did you find it Yamiki? I was in this morning for a check up and they offered a sweep next week, but am a bit "on the fence" and squeamish about it.

Ah it was fine... Not something you enjoy, but not painful, just uncomfortable.

Baby boy born just after midnight!
    That was quick, no time for an epidural or anything. Got to the hospital at half eight, was three centimetres at ten. I then went from seven to nine centimetres in about three minutes!
    We're both doing great, he looks just like his big sister. So so cute. :)

yamiki wrote:
    Baby boy born just after midnight! That was quick, no time for an epidural or anything. Got to the hospital at half eight, was three centimetres at ten. I then went from seven to nine centimetres in about three minutes! We're both doing great, he looks just like his big sister. So so cute. 

congrats yamiki! perfect family now!
    wow that was so quick! the sweep worked wonders for you!

• Advertisement

Brilliant news. Congratulations Yamiki.

yamiki wrote: »
    Baby boy born just after midnight!
    That was quick, no time for an epidural or anything. Got to the hospital at half eight, was three centimetres at ten. I then went from seven to nine centimetres in about three minutes!
    We're both doing great, he looks just like his big sister. So so cute. :)

Congratulations yamiki! Enjoy!!

deedless wrote:

hey deedless, I had a sweep before being induced, I was dreading it because of what people said but it was actually ok, put your 2 hands in fists under your bum,(the doctor might tell you to do it anyway, it helps to tilt your pelvis! ) and try to relax, it felt like just an examination and then the doctor said that she was doing the sweep and it didn't feel any different! i'd say go for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭baby_pebble

So ladies how are you all? Been fairly occupied to even pop in for few mins here!

So ladies how are you all? Been fairly occupied to even pop in for few mins here!

been busy myself! had a trip back to a&e, my stitches opened! on antibiotics now! had to bring the little one with me for feeding so got to use our buggy which is a plus I guess!!

my partner also has a tummy bug the last nearly 3days so we're trying to keep him away from the little one,

i'm breastfeeding so its taking its toll, had a very emotional few days, because it was like we couldn't fill her, I felt like a cow!!, had the phn visit and her weight is coming back up which helped me see that what I was doing was worth it! we had a better day today,
    will probably consider adding a bottle in sooner rather than later, so my partner can do some feeding, I think he's feeling a bit on the outside at the minute.,

other than all that we're flying it!
    how you doing?

Sitting in the kitchen trying to figure out why my little man having such a rough day, blaming my partner as he wanted to bring him to visit his parents today against my protests of him needing to settle in (only home 2days after c section) he just isn't himself since we got home.

Feel like crap myself an banning visitors for the weekend I don't care who's feelings I hurt! Stitches kinda hurting me and BP is up! Not good!

ainy wrote: »
    been busy myself! had a trip back to a&e, my stitches opened! on antibiotics now! had to bring the little one with me for feeding so got to use our buggy which is a plus I guess!!

my partner also has a tummy bug the last nearly 3days so we're trying to keep him away from the little one,

i'm breastfeeding so its taking its toll, had a very emotional few days, because it was like we couldn't fill her, I felt like a cow!!, had the phn visit and her weight is coming back up which helped me see that what I was doing was worth it! we had a better day today,
    will probably consider adding a bottle in sooner rather than later, so my partner can do some feeding, I think he's feeling a bit on the outside at the minute.,

other than all that we're flying it!
    how you doing?

Oh gosh ainy that sounds painful. I had a very bad tear and only starting to feel somewhat human again after it 2 weeks later so I can only imagine the pain of the stitches opening. As it is I couldn't sit on my bum for a week! I hope you're getting lots of painkillers!

Sitting in the kitchen trying to figure out why my little man having such a rough day, blaming my partner as he wanted to bring him to visit his parents today against my protests of him needing to settle in (only home 2days after c section) he just isn't himself since we got home.

Feel like crap myself an banning visitors for the weekend I don't care who's feelings I hurt! Stitches kinda hurting me and BP is up! Not good!

You have to do what's right for you and baby! I had to put my foot down on no visitors last week too because the first day I got home they all descended in on top of me and it really was just too much!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Jesus girls ye are having a baptism of fire :(

Ainy, I can't recommend Arnica tabs enough for healing, you poor thing that's just unthinkable! Hope you feel much better very soon!

Baby pebble, absolutely put your foot down. That's a regret I had on my first, me up making tea for visitors 5 days after having given birth! People mean well and are excited but you have to adjust to each other and get into your own stride in some peace and quiet too!

We're doing great here thank God. My milk monster gained almost a whole pound this week! She'll be 3 weeks old on Tuesday, where has that time gone?!?! :)

Have a lovely weekend guys! X

Home since yesterday afternoon, and the in laws have already landed. MIL and two sisters. Which is actually working out ok because they're keeping my toddler occupied!
    My girl loves her baby brother, so far so good.
    Breastfeeding is going well too, bit tender, but that's to be expected. He's up all night feeding though. Monster.
    Me, I'm rather sore with the stitches :( and the 'post contractions' of the uterus shrinking when you're feeding are feckin sore. Definitely worse with the second baby :(

• Advertisement

So decided to try and trim bubs nails as he was really scratching himself and caught his fingertip and I feel so terrible :( looks so sore

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

So decided to try and trim bubs nails as he was really scratching himself and caught his fingertip and I feel so terrible :( looks so sore

Biting their nails yourself is meant to be easier and less likely to hurt.

Oh I know that feeling, did the same with my first. :( bite the nails off gently, much safer.

So decided to try and trim bubs nails as he was really scratching himself and caught his fingertip and I feel so terrible  looks so sore

oh no! i'd say it was worse on mammy though!!

i'm feeling like a walking chemist at min between 2 antibiotics, painkillers, iron tablets and arnica! hopefully its all doing me good anyway!

sitting here watching tv and have my legs crossed, I realised its the first time in about 3months i'v been able to cross my legs, they were too swollen before!

How are all the new Mammies getting on?

So in love with my little man...
    Breastfeeding is going great, only my stitches are sore and I've been confined to the couch. Cuddles all day long though, I'll take it :)

Getting there but definately finding it tough at times. Especially when she is fed, winded and changed and still crying and I just don't know what's wrong with her :-( Sometimes I feel I will never get the hang of being a mother.

Other than that all good, the baby is doing well. Being formula fed now as bf just wasn't working for us. I am tired but well, just still a bit sore down below from the tear.

deedless wrote:

we're getting on well, started some formula yesterday, doing combined feeding this week anyway with a view to stopping breastfeeding maybe next week, its just too much on my shoulders with the breastfeeding and now daddy can help! although breastfeeding is flying its kind of a pity to be stopping it but we feel better now we've made the decision!

took her out in my car on my own this morning, it was a bit nerve wrecking driving for the first time with her, it helps that she just sleeps once in car!

still on the antibiotics for my stitches, went for checkup yesterday and they removed some more, said it was healing but just slowly! little bit more tender today so hoping its not worsening, back for another check next Monday! you really get used to people looking at your bits after you've had a Human come out of you!!

have my emotional days where I cry, not really sure why, think its tiredness, and as you said kauto when she wont settle after everything is done, it can be hard but i love my little girl and seeing her filling out and becoming more alert is just amazing, so worth it,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭moving_home

Just wanted to butt in and say the first 4/5 weeks are really tough but it does get easier. I'm a FTM to an 8 week old and the first few weeks were very tough. Things have just got better and better since 6 weeks. I now know her cries and generally know what is wrong with her. She cried and cried for days early on and I found those days very tough. I would be dying for hubby to get home in the evenings so I could get some help and dreaded the nights but it's a distant memory now. I think people really look back on those first few weeks with rose tinted glasses so no one prepares you for how tough it really is. Try getting out of the house even for a few mins each day (recovery dependant). Get the Wonder Weeks app as it really helps to know what is going on with your baby's development. During the tough times keep repeating 'this is a phase, it will pass' and it really does. I felt like I was the only one with an unsettled baby who didn't sleep all night but obviously I wasn't. People definitely forget and don't tell you what those early days are really like. My little girl is smiling and laughing and cooing now and it just melts my heart.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

I think it's a lot to do with being a 1st baby also.
    I know I was incredibly anxious, wanting everything to be perfect, constant checking in baby, breast/bottle feeding is all new, operating buggy/car seat is new, dressing/washing/winding babyEVERYTHING is new and needs to be learned to gain confidence.
    As someone else also mentioned, NO ONE tells you how hard it is. I was transfixed on worrying about labour and delivery when in actual fact that was a breeze in comparison to being a first time Mom to a newborn.
    It does get easier, it does pass and each stage brings new challenges.

2nd baby is a BREEZE in comparison :D

Advertisement