Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭ainy

Kauto0709 wrote:
    Now......who's next..... 

please can it be me??!!
    bump has definitely dropped more in last day, its the only time i've ever wanted to start feeling pain!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    At least you have another couple of weeks now. I've been trying everything myself from walking to sex to raspberry leaf tea, spicy foods and even had reflexology last week, no baby yet though!

How did you find the reflexology?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

How did you find the reflexology?

It was nice and relaxing. I enjoyed it. Whether or not it benefited the pregnancy other than that, I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭baby_pebble

How is everyone feeling? Been getting period like cramps since 7 this evening, lasted an hour and has just started now again, wishful thinking maybe?!

How is everyone feeling? Been getting period like cramps since 7 this even lasted and hour and has just started now again, wishful thinking maybe?!

That's how mine started ;-)

• Advertisement

this is along with tightening of the tummy, not the best timing suffering from a headcold today and slight headache!

this is along with tightening of the tummy, not the best timing suffering from a headcold today and slight headache!

i'v heard from a few different places that you can feel unwell before d day so it could be it baby pebble!! you could be next!

how you this morning baby pebble?

I started getting tightenings and kind of crampy pain low down with it this morning but seems to have eased off now! maybe it was more wishful thinking than anything else!
    i have clinic appointment and possible sweep today so we'l see.

Hi, it continued last night until about one but managed to nod off and sleep until now was fine when I woke up but again starting to feel couple more cramps. My next app is Wednesday and can see myself sitting in the waiting room haha

Babypebble and Ainy, that's how mine started off. I had irregular crampy pains since Wed evening, slept very on/off Wed night, had the pains irregularly throughout the day Thurs but they were totally bareable, I was still getting out and about. By Thurs evening they were regular and getting quite uncomfortable. Didn't really sleep at all Thurs night and was up since early then on Friday with strong pains every 6-8 minutes.....

And now here we both are :-)

• Advertisement

Kauto0709 wrote:
    Babypebble and Ainy, that's how mine started off. I had irregular crampy pains since Wed evening, slept very on/off Wed night, had the pains irregularly throughout the day Thurs but they were totally bareable, I was still getting out and about. By Thurs evening they were regular and getting quite uncomfortable. Didn't really sleep at all Thurs night and was up since early then on Friday with strong pains every 6-8 minutes.....

so what your saying kauto is i'm gonna have baby in my arms by Tues/Wednesday?? I can live with that!!
    ah I know everyone is different but its nice to have a little bit of hope that something is starting! plus hopefully they'l do a sweep today and it might encourage things along!

how are you both anyway kauto?
    I'v had a dream the last 2nights that I had my baby and someone was asking when they were next due a feed and I realised I hadn't fed baby in nearly 24hrs! kind of scared me!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭goldlocks10

In for induction first gel give. Bouncing on the ball. Slight pains

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

Hi, I have been following from the start but have not posted until now, sorry.
    My wife was due 15/03/15. (our first)
    We went to the GP on thursday morning 05/03/15.
    He told us the baby hadn't dropped yet and get ready for a wait.
    My wife thought she felt some dropping on friday evening.
    Friday about midnight contractions started, she thought it was false, she had had a lot of strong enough braxton hicks up to that point.
    At 9am saturday morning she decided maybe she should take it seriously. Had a bath, got out, timed contractions, went rapidly from every 15 minutes to ever 3 minutes (got back in the bath during this).
    Called the hospital, they thought she sounded too calm, thought she could wait a while.
    I packed the car. got on the road in a bit of a hurry, (45km drive to hospital (through the city centre(well at the end))).
    Screaming all the way.
    Got into the hospital 14:40 on saturday.
    Straight into delivery room, 8cm dilated. 10cm about 30 mins after that. No time for planned epidural.
    Baby boy born 16:28 saturday evening, 7lb 9oz
    Mother and baby doing great (mammy is a bit tender but delighted with her little boy!)

The staff in Holles street are fantastic, My wife is trying to breastfeed and himself was very reluctant to start, he had swallowed a lot of fluid on his way out apparently, staff have really persisted and he seems to be coming around.
    He has really found his voice! We were worried he was too quiet for his first 24 hours. All the other babies were kicking off and he was quiet and sleepy. Really perked up now.

I'm a proud Daddy!

oh exciting goldlocks!! best of luck!

had a sweep today, cervix was favourable she said, waiting for repeat Doppler scan to see can I stop my injections, they have to stop 24hrs before labour or I couldn't have epidural! she booked me for Induction on thursday if I dont go myself before then!

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭deedless

Oh girls it's all gett very exciting.

Hope you are doing well Goldilocks. Fingers crossed it's well underway (if not over) for you.

How are you feeling Ainy? Are you hoping to go yourself? Don't really fancy injections myself.

I'm a little cross I have to have another blood test this week. Was slightly anaemic 2 weeks ago so taking galfer (boo)!since. Hopefully that'll sort it out. Last 4 days of work this week.

Aw congrats eldamo, sounds like exciting stuff for you both! would love a nice quick one like that! can't wait for my partner to be saying he's the proud daddy, it will melt my heart!

deedless wrote:
    How are you feeling Ainy? Are you hoping to go yourself? Don't really fancy injections myself.

deedless wrote:
    I'm a little cross I have to have another blood test this week. Was slightly anaemic 2 weeks ago so taking galfer (boo)!since. Hopefully that'll sort it out. Last 4 days of work this week.

not feeling too bad now, the sweep was grand actually!! everyone had me a bit scared of it but it wasnt really uncomfortable at all. smear tests are worse!
    Doppler is still the same so just taking todays injection and then i'll stop!

I used the ferrograd c supplement for my iron and it brought it up really well, and didn't constipate! make sure when you take the iron to take on empty stomach and not with any tea or milk products, it works better that way!

ainy wrote: »
    so what your saying kauto is i'm gonna have baby in my arms by Tues/Wednesday?? I can live with that!!
    ah I know everyone is different but its nice to have a little bit of hope that something is starting! plus hopefully they'l do a sweep today and it might encourage things along!

how are you both anyway kauto?
    I'v had a dream the last 2nights that I had my baby and someone was asking when they were next due a feed and I realised I hadn't fed baby in nearly 24hrs! kind of scared me!

We are doing ok thanks for asking. I am exhausted to be honest and struggling with the breastfeeding. We are both well though thank God.

Oh pet. Keep doing the best you can, whatever that is. It's amazing really that we can have such a change in our lives, prolonged pain, sleep deprivation and a hormonal hurricame. You are doing brilliantly.

• Advertisement

deedless wrote: »
    Oh pet. Keep doing the best you can, whatever that is. It's amazing really that we can have such a change in our lives, prolonged pain, sleep deprivation and a hormonal hurricame. You are doing brilliantly.

Thanks deedless. Honestly all it takes is someone saying boo to me at the moment and I feel like balling!

Got home today though so hopefully will sleep better tonight and will feel better in the morning!

I echo what deedless said, you can only do what you can do! and you will prob get better rest and some sleep in your own bed rather than hospital which will make things better for you, **have some virtual hugs!**

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

I think I'm the only one here happy to keep the baby in as long as possible!! I'm really in no rush at all to go back to 2-3 hourly feeds at night, then up for the school run and trying to juggle a newborn a 19 month old and a 5 year old!

Of course I will be glad when he is here but it's gonna be hard work for a while!

It's great to hear that babies are starting to arrive! Congratulations to all the new mammies and daddies!

I think I read that there is a big hormonal swing around day 3 too which contributes to baby blues. As Ainy said, being home and comfortable and in your own bed should help a bit. Take it easy too though! Don't be up and down taking care of visitors. You and baba are the only ones you should be focusing on.

Crazy Cat Lady, I am in awe of repeat Mums. I've been so wrecked the last 3-4 weeks (with another 3-4.5 to go) that I just don't know how I could manage with a small person depending on me. As it is, my small dog is being short changed re walks and play and my partner has had to really step up into the breech.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

We are doing ok thanks for asking. I am exhausted to be honest and struggling with the breastfeeding. We are both well though thank God.

Don't be too hard on yourself, I burst into floods of tears the minute the PHN walked into my kitchen on my first. It's a huge overwhelming experience with your 1st baby.
    On the breast feeding, I too struggled so much this time that on the Wed night my daughter was so hungry and crying, I couldn't see her so upset so I topped her up with formula, she is a milk MONSTER! She was difficult to latch and midwife said she may have tongue tie that I could get snipped. I'm not hugely militant on breastfeeding so this time I'm sticking to formula, she's happy, I'm happy and my nipples aren't bleeding and on fire.
    See how you go, get all the help you can from midwives, lactation consultants etc. if you've to call them a thousand times to help you latch do. In my experience they're very helpful and eager for Moms to successfully feed themselves.
    I don't think as mothers or even in media women do each other any favours by not admitting how difficult/life changing becoming a first time Mom is. We're too busy trying to portray the perfect image when sometimes on the inside we're like "holy Jesus this is hard".
    Take help when it's offered and as it is your first, that old cliche is SO important, sleep when your baby sleeps!
    I hope you're feeling much better today but if you're not then that's ok too. It's ok and normal to be exhausted, tearful, frustrated and all manner of things. It will pass, I promise :)

Also, if your nipples are very sore the Multi Mam compresses are a life saver if you haven't already gotten them :)

Genuinely having the worst week ever considering it is my final week, trying to keep the cool because I can feel my BP creeping up every time something goes wrong, sooner baby is out the safer :(

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

Thanks deedless. Honestly all it takes is someone saying boo to me at the moment and I feel like balling!

Got home today though so hopefully will sleep better tonight and will feel better in the morning!
    I had my second baby in January Kauto and what you are feeling is normal. Allow yourself to be emotional. I am breastfeeding and I kept all my visitors away until week three was behind me. The baby slept on me for those three weeks. Literally on my chest and she fed lying on me ( Google laid back technique). It maximised my rest and helped my milk come in. get someone to cook for you and eat very often( every hour have something). Have a good cry if you need to. Better out than in! Be kind to yourself x

ainy wrote: »
    I echo what deedless said, you can only do what you can do! and you will prob get better rest and some sleep in your own bed rather than hospital which will make things better for you, **have some virtual hugs!**
    deedless wrote: »
    I think I read that there is a big hormonal swing around day 3 too which contributes to baby blues. As Ainy said, being home and comfortable and in your own bed should help a bit. Take it easy too though! Don't be up and down taking care of visitors. You and baba are the only ones you should be focusing on.

Crazy Cat Lady, I am in awe of repeat Mums. I've been so wrecked the last 3-4 weeks (with another 3-4.5 to go) that I just don't know how I could manage with a small person depending on me. As it is, my small dog is being short changed re walks and play and my partner has had to really step up into the breech.
    Don't be too hard on yourself, I burst into floods of tears the minute the PHN walked into my kitchen on my first. It's a huge overwhelming experience with your 1st baby.
    On the breast feeding, I too struggled so much this time that on the Wed night my daughter was so hungry and crying, I couldn't see her so upset so I topped her up with formula, she is a milk MONSTER! She was difficult to latch and midwife said she may have tongue tie that I could get snipped. I'm not hugely militant on breastfeeding so this time I'm sticking to formula, she's happy, I'm happy and my nipples aren't bleeding and on fire.
    See how you go, get all the help you can from midwives, lactation consultants etc. if you've to call them a thousand times to help you latch do. In my experience they're very helpful and eager for Moms to successfully feed themselves.
    I don't think as mothers or even in media women do each other any favours by not admitting how difficult/life changing becoming a first time Mom is. We're too busy trying to portray the perfect image when sometimes on the inside we're like "holy Jesus this is hard".
    Take help when it's offered and as it is your first, that old cliche is SO important, sleep when your baby sleeps!
    I hope you're feeling much better today but if you're not then that's ok too. It's ok and normal to be exhausted, tearful, frustrated and all manner of things. It will pass, I promise :)

Also, if your nipples are very sore the Multi Mam compresses are a life saver if you haven't already gotten them :)
    fall wrote: »
    I had my second baby in January Kauto and what you are feeling is normal. Allow yourself to be emotional. I am breastfeeding and I kept all my visitors away until week three was behind me. The baby slept on me for those three weeks. Literally on my chest and she fed lying on me ( Google laid back technique). It maximised my rest and helped my milk come in. get someone to cook for you and eat very often( every hour have something). Have a good cry if you need to. Better out than in! Be kind to yourself x

Thanks so much everyone for all the supportive messages. We are getting there, I think it helps being at home now. Am definately going to take that advice about visitors and ask them to give us a bit of space for now because both my family and his have me driven mad wanting to see her and to me this should be a private time for us as a family getting to know each other.

Baby boy born today 7 lb 15. After 2 days of induction and water broke this am.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Baby boy born today 7 lb 15. After 2 days of induction and water broke this am.

Congratulations :-)

Advertisement