Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭deedless

Congratulations Goldilocks. You must be wrecked though! Hope you're ok and enjoy being madly in love with your new little man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Congratulations :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭yamiki

More babies, yay! Congratulations!!

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭ainy

congratulations goldlocks!! hard 2 days for you, first of the boys for the thread!
    just in for my induction, they admit you the night before, going to get my first gel tonight!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

ainy wrote: »
    congratulations goldlocks!! hard 2 days for you, first of the boys for the thread!
    just in for my induction, they admit you the night before, going to get my first gel tonight!!

Good luck!!!! :)

Congratulations Goldilocks! :)

• Advertisement

Good luck Ainy. Hope it all goes well.

Best of luck ainy, you will have your little baby soon :-)

Ainy how are you getting on?

Kauto0709 wrote:
    Ainy how are you getting on?

well had 3gels and not a budge! just lots of low back pain and cramps but not effective! got the tens machine yesterday evenin and that was great for the low back pain, and then had pethidine last night to help me sleep because I had no sleep night before! so they gonna examine me at 9 this mornin and hopefully break waters, think baby just wanted to come on due date, well Hopefully!! will update whenever we have news!!

Awe Ainy that's not the news we were hoping to hear! You poor thing you must be really uncomfortable. Fingers crossed that it all takes off for you now.

Yay, last day of work for me though. Wasn't sure I would make it for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭baby_pebble

was in on wednesday and hosp officially changed my date to march 16th instead of my lmp which would of been the 11th.
    doc done an internal and was surprised she said, things were a bit more progressed, in her words could fit a finger and managed a slight sweep if that makes sense? some brown mucus every day since and tummy keeps tightening now and again.
    not sure what to make of it all :/

baby aoife born today at 19.35, 8lb 7oz!

had a tough 2days induction, got my waters broke this morning at 10. checked again at 12 was 3cm, used gas and air for 2hrs pains were really strong so got epidural (amazing result!), and checked post epidural and had gone to 6cm myself, checked after 2hrs and was fully dilated, lots of pushing, baby descended slowly so needed help, bit of suction and episiotomy and baby was born!

absolutely delighted, its so worth it in the end and my advice is to go with the flow and whatever is needed to get baby out safely go with it!

one very happy and tired mama and baby sleeping soundly at minute, nearly time for next breastfeed, will see how that goes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

had a tough 2days induction, got my waters broke this morning at 10. checked again at 12 was 3cm, used gas and air for 2hrs pains were really strong so got epidural (amazing result!), and checked post epidural and had gone to 6cm myself, checked after 2hrs and was fully dilated, lots of pushing, baby descended slowly so needed help, bit of suction and episiotomy and baby was born!

absolutely delighted, its so worth it in the end and my advice is to go with the flow and whatever is needed to get baby out safely go with it!

one very happy and tired mama and baby sleeping soundly at minute, nearly time for next breastfeed, will see how that goes!

Yay! Absolutely amazing news! Congratulations, gorgeous name, was on the shortlist for mine too (so maybe for the next girl ;) )

Excellent news, I LOVE reading all the good news!

:)

Congratulations Ainy, delighted for you! One of the very rare few to actually deliver on their due date!

Welcome to the world baby Aoife!

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭je551e

Congrats :)

Greatness. Congratulations Ainy! Welcome Ms Aoife.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Congratulations!!

I was in the docs yesterday and baby's head is about as far down as it can get without peeping out!

I stayed home a good while before going to the hospital on my last and was 6cm by the time I got there. The doc advised against such shenanigans this time unless I want a baby at the side of the n11!

Been getting quite a few pains the past couple of days so hopefully won't be too long here!

how far apart were your contractions ladies before ye headed to the hospital?

4-5 mins for me and lasting 50secs to a minute.

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

The midwife told us it's not the frequency of them but the length, so you could be having 30 second ones 10 minutes apart, but it's the ones that are 60+ seconds long that are the "serious" ones that will dilate the cervix, and to come in once you have them lasting that long, even if they are only every 20 minutes.

• Advertisement

Nameless baby boy born via emergency CS at 9:15 this morning after a very intense 15hr labour which could not move past 9cm dilation which led to him getting distressed!
    Weighing in at an awesome 8-12, he is too cute :)

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭yamiki

Huge congratulations to all the new mums here!!
    (I'm jealous. Due tomorrow and no movement, only the odd twitch but it never goes anywhere. I'm a whale. :( )

Nameless baby boy born via emergency CS at 9:15 this morning after a very intense 15hr labour which could not move past 9cm dilation which led to him getting distressed!
    Weighing in at an awesome 8-12, he is too cute :)

Congrats babypebble :-) :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭goldlocks10

Congrats to all new mummy's and babies

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭goldlocks10

Congrats to all new mummy's and babies

huge congrats baby pebble!! glad he arrived safely after what sounds like some experience!! welcome to motherhood, oh and happy mothers day to all!!

yamiki wrote: »
    Huge congratulations to all the new mums here!!
    (I'm jealous. Due tomorrow and no movement, only the odd twitch but it never goes anywhere. I'm a whale. :( )

Me too Yamiki, and I've 13 days til my due date.

huge congrats baby pebble!! glad he arrived safely after what sounds like some experience!! welcome to motherhood, oh and happy mothers day to all!!

You too ainy :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Baby boy born at 8.41 this morning weighing in at a whopping 9lb 15oz!

25 minutes on the labour ward. He was really excited to meet his mamma!!

• Advertisement

Baby boy born at 8.41 this morning weighing in at a whopping 9lb 15oz!

25 minutes on the labour ward. He was really excited to meet his mamma!!

Congratulations crazy cat lady!

Advertisement