Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭yamiki

Yep, the first is a challenge alright. That said, newborn plus toddler is interesting too! Thank heavens she's in the creche during the day, and hubby is off work this week at least. I'm confined to the couch for the moment with the stitches, and do feel bad that I can't play with my toddler as usual.
    Hang in there girls, it does get easier after the first few weeks. And once you get that first gummy smile, all is forgotten anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭baby_pebble

Girls just wondering anyone who had a section were ye given stockings to wear afterwards at home?

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭ainy

Girls just wondering anyone who had a section were ye given stockings to wear afterwards at home?

I had to wear them because of the swelling in my leg, although I used to wear them all the time at work too! its just to prevent blood clots when you wouldn't be moving around as much after your section and with having been pregnant your at increased risk of one,

I was given them and told to wear for 6 weeks but my swelling is gone down and they have gotten big on my thighs so they keep falling down, my bp has come back to normal and I'm up and about getting light chores done, barely in bed or couch so fairly mobile. Wonder are the 6 weeks necessary?

I was given them and told to wear for 6 weeks but my swelling is gone down and they have gotten big on my thighs so they keep falling down, my bp has come back to normal and I'm up and about getting light chores done, barely in bed or couch so fairly mobile. Wonder are the 6 weeks necessary?

well if there not staying up. theres no point wearing them, their not doing what there suppose to!!
    as long as your mobile it should be ok but I probably cant/shouldn't say that the 6weeks aren't necessary seeing as that was what was said to you!

• Advertisement

Yea I understand! Just seeing mixed opinions from people and I think the midwives in galway have to say 6weeks just to basically cover themselves? Will ask my gp next week and see! Thanks ainy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

yamiki wrote: »
    Yep, the first is a challenge alright. That said, newborn plus toddler is interesting too! Thank heavens she's in the creche during the day, and hubby is off work this week at least. I'm confined to the couch for the moment with the stitches, and do feel bad that I can't play with my toddler as usual.
    Hang in there girls, it does get easier after the first few weeks. And once you get that first gummy smile, all is forgotten anyway...

When do they usually start to smile?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭moving_home

Between 6 and 8 weeks usually but some babies can be as late as 12 weeks. We got the first smile at 5 weeks. At 8 weeks she's now laughing and smiling on demand.

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    When do they usually start to smile?

My girl gave me the first smiles at about six weeks I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭deedless

Baby girl arrived at 1:30 am. Sweep at 3pm so definitely worth it! She is just beautiful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

deedless wrote: »
    Baby girl arrived at 1:30 am. Sweep at 3pm so definitely worth it! She is just beautiful.

Congratulations! Sounds like the sweep certainly did the job!

deedless wrote: »

Congratulations deedless!! Welcome baby!

awe massive congrats deedless! its definitely the month for girls!

is there any babies left to make their arrival?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭jeeney

Hi ladies,
    I know I haven't posted on much here but have been following your posts for the last while. I had a baby girl, Leona last Monday 23rd at 8.35am. She weighed 7lb 8.5oz.
    This is my third baby and boy did she come quick! Had been having proper contractions since 2.30am on Mon morn. Was only 3cm when went into hosp at 4am, bit disappointed tbh. Then told between 4-5cm at 7.30 but that once my waters would go it would be quick. Quick change in midwife shifts & little girl arrived at 8.35.

Girls can I ask what are ye taking for pain relief for stitches? I'm only taking paracetamol & started taking ibuprofen today. Still don't feel any better since Monday...

jeeney wrote: »
    Hi ladies,
    I know I haven't posted on much here but have been following your posts for the last while. I had a baby girl, Leona last Monday 23rd at 8.35am. She weighed 7lb 8.5oz.
    This is my third baby and boy did she come quick! Had been having proper contractions since 2.30am on Mon morn. Was only 3cm when went into hosp at 4am, bit disappointed tbh. Then told between 4-5cm at 7.30 but that once my waters would go it would be quick. Quick change in midwife shifts & little girl arrived at 8.35.

Girls can I ask what are ye taking for pain relief for stitches? I'm only taking paracetamol & started taking ibuprofen today. Still don't feel any better since Monday...

I was sent home from the hospital with a prescription for difene but only for 3 days. After that I just took paracetamol but I was still very sore. Went back to GP Wed this week (nearly 3 weeks after having the baby) and she prescribed me an anti-biotic and some more difene as stitches had broken down.

jeeney wrote:

congrats jeeney!
    I was only taking paracetamol and then after 6days the pain was a bit different to what it had been and I went to gp, my stitches had opened so needed antibiotics, i'd advise to get them checked out to be sure their ok, i'm feeling much better now!!

Paracetamol and brufen here. Luckily I only had a graze so have missed a few and still feeling ok. More stiff and sore than pain down under.

Congratulations on Leona though.

Thanks Kauto, ainy and deedless for your comments. Managed to get some difene so I'm a bit better now. Has taken the edge off anyways. Taking ibuprofen in between too. Will see how I am in next few days and may head to doc too. What we have to go through eh?!
    Thanks guys

jeeney wrote:
    Thanks Kauto, ainy and deedless for your comments. Managed to get some difene so I'm a bit better now. Has taken the edge off anyways. Taking ibuprofen in between too. Will see how I am in next few days and may head to doc too. What we have to go through eh?! Thanks guys

hey jeeney, just want to say with takin difene and ibuprofen, their both antiinflammatory drugs so work in the same way, it might be better to alternate with paracetamol in between! hope your feeling better soon!

had a check on my stitches today, all healed, no more need for antibiotics, just the 10days worth!!

first day today with daddy back in work, getting on ok, got out to the shops and have stuff in for dinner, hopefully will have time to make later anyway!!
    completely on bottles now so feeling like I have a bit more time, we did 2weeks of breastfeeding and that was always my goal originally so i'm happy with that, she's thriving anyway so cant complain!

hope all the other mamas and babies are well!

Home from hospital today. Such a lovely feeling. My Mum cleaned my house to a level that's never seen so that feels nice too. Looking forward to getting to know the little mite properly.

Leaking like crazy though which is slightly embarrassing. It's like I am spilling significant glasses of water on my top every few hours. Boobs are super hard and tender too.

• Advertisement

At two weeks old, my little man already weighs over four kg! Brilliant, he's flying it.
    My stitches are gaping :( but nothing can be done, it just needs time to heal now... At least it's not infected.

ainy wrote: »
    hey jeeney, just want to say with takin difene and ibuprofen, their both antiinflammatory drugs so work in the same way, it might be better to alternate with paracetamol in between! hope your feeling better soon!

had a check on my stitches today, all healed, no more need for antibiotics, just the 10days worth!!

first day today with daddy back in work, getting on ok, got out to the shops and have stuff in for dinner, hopefully will have time to make later anyway!!
    completely on bottles now so feeling like I have a bit more time, we did 2weeks of breastfeeding and that was always my goal originally so i'm happy with that, she's thriving anyway so cant complain!

hope all the other mamas and babies are well!

Ainy,
    Thanks for that tip. Wasn't aware of that. Will switch over to the paracetamol so. Will be stopping taking difene today - don't want to get addicted either!
    Well done on the breastfeeding and on getting out to the shops. I'm not near feeling ready to head out yet! But then little lady is only a week old since Monday. Maybe next week...

Yamiki - my stiches feel like that too! Got them checked today and they're healing fine apparently. Just will take time now too. Feels like they're worse than my last baby. But then they probably aren't. Just that we forget how sore we feel afterwards I suppose, otherwise we wouldn't have any more that one kid, ha! I'm hoping though by next week I'll see a good improvement.

Hope you all are doing well xx

Ladies who are bottle feeding, how are ye currently making up your feeds? Also any tips on what to do when out and about and can't get hot water to heat a bottle?

Ladies who are bottle feeding, how are ye currently making up your feeds? Also any tips on what to do when out and about and can't get hot water to heat a bottle?

hey babypebble! we're giving room temperature bottles so don't have to worry about heating when out, we boil the water let it cool and fill out in to the bottles, and then add the formula as needed throughout day, it's that way my sister has always done hers so we're following suit, I know it's not done as recommended but seems to work fine!

Boil kettle, leave to cool for 30 mins, add water to bottle then add formula, put on teets and lids then shake to mix, cool under the tap and then refridgerate for up to 24hrs. We make up a few at a time as it's time consuming!

That's how i'm doing it too Kauto but it is annoying heating it when needed especially at night time and baby expects bottle in his mouth before he even wakes! He takes it at any temp but when it comes out of the fridge I need to take the cold out of it which still takes nearly 5 mins as the dr brown bottles are so thick! Just worried ainy about the whole bacteria thing? How is your baby no side effects?!

That's how i'm doing it too Kauto but it is annoying heating it when needed especially at night time and baby expects bottle in his mouth before he even wakes! He takes it at any temp but when it comes out of the fridge I need to take the cold out of it which still takes nearly 5 mins as the dr brown bottles are so warm! Just worried ainy about the whole bacteria thing? How is your baby no side effects?!

Oh yeah I know that feeling. Mine wakes roaring for a bottle at nights too and those 5 mins it takes to warm it up are a killer when they are like that! I am heating them in a bowl of hot water, is that what you're doing? Sorry I can't be of more help :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Bring sterilised bottle and the ready made milk :)

I stopped expressing 2 weeks ago and have been careful not to stimulate the breasts since but am still leaking... anyone else who is not breastfeeding having this problem?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    I stopped expressing 2 weeks ago and have been careful not to stimulate the breasts since but am still leaking... anyone else who is not breastfeeding having this problem?

Yep. Baby nearly 5 weeks old and still leaking too! :D

Use breast pads to protect your clothes until it stops :)

Advertisement