Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stupid decisions (when drunk) that ruin your life[Mega merge]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Beano wrote: »
    well that would have made Die Hard 3 much more interesting.

There's a half-daycint wisecrack in there somewhere... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,333 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Maybe I don't understand these things, but why is the girl involved the one who's supposed to be most embarrassed by this and not the guys? They're the one's who got their bits out on camera. I wouldn't do it, I guess that makes me one of the 0.01%.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

kowloon wrote: »
    Maybe I don't understand these things, but why is the girl involved the one who's supposed to be most embarrassed by this and not the guys? They're the one's who got their bits out on camera. I wouldn't do it, I guess that makes me one of the 0.01%.
    I wouldn't whip my dick out in a pub and have some girl go to town, I think most are similar to this.

I'd think her more the fool just like I would if it was a guy and the genders were swapped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Where were her so-called mates when this was going down? *sorry* Years ago, your mates were there to STOP you doing something stupid. If we were ever so pissed we didn't know where we were or what we were doing, the girls would've frogmarched you out, and thrown you in a cab. But then again, there were no camera phones at the time..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Buzz Killington the third

Because they can't be identified.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭Woofstuff

Lookin at the video it happened so fast the lads had their lads out for about two seconds each

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

Sorry, I agree with most of what you're saying here
    Don't say sorry for disagreeing with me! :)
    but sucking a dick or sucking any number of dicks is not the same thing as as cutting or starving yourself. If you think it is then you have some messed up ideas about sex and about the human body in general.
    This I don't get: maybe I'm picking you up wrong, but I cannot understand how it could be read in my post you quoted that giving fellatio in and of itself is on a par with self harm. :confused:
    I am talking specifically about this incident. To me, sucking off 24 random guys for a prize indicates not having much time for oneself, it indicates being self destructive. It's not a healthy thing IMO. I think it is highly likely she will regret it - even without the cameras being there.
    But I agree she does not deserve everything she gets, and for people to say she's entirely responsible is utter tripe unless the guys who took their dicks out had a gun put to their heads. And she didn't harm anyone else - but she did harm herself. Now while that may be her own business, it's not out of line for people simply to express this.
    She can be liberated all she want, it's not a bad thing for her to be sexually open, it was terrible risk to her health, very irresponsible.
    Which is it? :)
    eviltwin wrote: »
    The hang ups some people have about sex here is utterly depressing.
    I don't know why you're saying this repeatedly. "Hang ups about sex"? - seriously disingenuous. How on earth can you equate seeing negatives in this to hang-ups about sex? :confused:
    A girl thinking that little of herself and doing so to win something is hardly the same as enjoyable sex because you fancy/like the person or simply just enjoy the sensation/enjoy giving others pleasure, whether casual or committed relationship or with one person or with a few people. I don't know that I'd even call this incident "sex". To call people prudish for seeing the negatives to it is... nuts.

Magaggie wrote: »
    I don't know why you're saying this repeatedly. "Hang ups about sex"? - seriously disingenuous. How on earth can you equate seeing negatives in this to hang-ups about sex?

This whole incident has very little to do with sex. Genitalia yes, but sex?

Sex is a pleasurable, erotic, sensual pursuit.

This seedy episode is one of humiliation, degradation and demonstrable contempt. The medium of expression involved a parody of a sex act, but it says no more about sex, liberation, repression or expression than taking out the bins does.

It's nothing to do with hang ups, since the act wasn't sexually motivated.

Candie wrote: »
    This whole incident has very little to do with sex. Genitalia yes, but sex?

Sex is a pleasurable, erotic, sensual pursuit.

This seedy episode is one of humiliation, degradation and demonstrable contempt. The medium of expression involved a parody of a sex act, but it says no more about sex, liberation, repression or expression than taking out the bins does.

It's nothing to do with hang ups, since the act wasn't sexually motivated.
    Exactly. There are far more risqué things that you could do with your partner/f-buddy/one-night-stand person/booty-call/lover than simply giving them oral... to which I say: bring it on! :pac:
    In this case it's about the various elements of the context, not merely fellatio.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Don't say sorry for disagreeing with me! :)

This I don't get: maybe I'm picking you up wrong, but I cannot understand how it could be read in my post you quoted that giving fellatio in and of itself is on a par with self harm. :confused:
    I am talking specifically about this incident. To me, sucking off 24 random guys for a prize indicates not having much time for oneself, it indicates being self destructive. It's not a healthy thing IMO. I think it is highly likely she will regret it - even without the cameras being there.
    But I agree she does not deserve everything she gets, and for people to say she's entirely responsible is utter tripe unless the guys who took their dicks out had a gun put to their heads. And she didn't harm anyone else - but she did harm herself. Now while that may be her own business, it's not out of line for people simply to express this.

Which is it? :)

I don't know why you're saying this repeatedly. "Hang ups about sex"? - seriously disingenuous. How on earth can you equate seeing negatives in this to hang-ups about sex? :confused:
    A girl thinking that little of herself and doing so to win something is hardly the same as enjoyable sex because you fancy/like the person or simply just enjoy the sensation/enjoy giving others pleasure, whether casual or committed relationship or with one person or with a few people. I don't know that I'd even call this incident "sex". To call people prudish for seeing the negatives to it is... nuts.

I don't see anything wrong with it, that's just how I feel having seen the clip. That doesn't mean I think it's acceptable but it is what it is. Young people do stupid things especially drunk ones on holiday. The biggest outrage is that someone uploaded it and others outed her which will do more damage than the act itself

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I don't see anything wrong with it, that's just how I feel having seen the clip. That doesn't mean I think it's acceptable but it is what it is. Young people do stupid things especially drunk ones on holiday. The biggest outrage is that someone uploaded it and others outed her which will do more damage than the act itself

I think it's really more of an issue of self respect. We've all done stupid things in our youth and we've all made bad choices. That girl just took it to a whole other level. I actually pity her as this will haunt her for life. The thing to remember is that this probably wasn't the first and it's doubtful that it will be the last incident of that kind.

Because they can't be identified.

I haven't actually seen this video, although I'm sure everyone else present at the event still got a look. I'd still count myself out.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I'd venture the majority of blokes wouldn't stand in a line in a bar and whip their nob out for some young one to have a quick slobber. I don't think you're in the minority here. ;)

I don't see anything wrong with it, that's just how I feel having seen the clip. That doesn't mean I think it's acceptable but it is what it is.
    The start of your second sentence indicates you do see something wrong with it.
    I agree with you it's not that big a deal in greater scheme of things but I don't think it's of any benefit to anyone to view this as healthy sexual expression either.

I'd venture the majority of blokes wouldn't stand in a line in a bar and whip their nob out for some young one to have a quick slobber. I don't think you're in the minority here. ;)

I'd like to think so, the 0.001% remark was in reference to an earlier post.
    Have you ever been in a room with a guy ever?

It's that kind of guy. 99.9% of men would gladly except a free blowjob from some tanked up young one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,385 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Couldn't pay me to do it tbh,I find it pretty revolting :(

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭A Greedy Algorithm

They weren't even proper BJ's she was dishing out. She only made contact with each dink for a split second - definitely not long enough to derive any meaningful pleasure from the experience. Pretty poor really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Having seen the clip, the girl didn't seem to be overly inebriated so I'd gather she had her wits fairly about her when she made the decision to do it. Her life is essentially ruined, she'll never live it down. But you'd have to wonder if she's the type of person to do stuff like, would she really be the type of person to be that bothered about t the morning after?

Having seen the clip, the girl didn't seem to be overly inebriated so I'd gather she had her wits fairly about her when she made the decision to do it. Her life is essentially ruined, she'll never live it down. But you'd have to wonder if she's the type of person to do stuff like, would she really be the type of person to be that bothered about t the morning after?

She will when someone says it to her granny or her dad. She didn't think it through I suppose, but we've all done things we didn't think through. If it doesn't bother her either during or after, you have to wonder about her sense of self-worth.

Luckily the magnitude of the things most of us don't think through is no where near that of a mistake like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

Agree, she's not the inebriated victim some are claiming. Sometimes drink brings out the worst in people and being drunk should not be an acceptable reason for doing stupid things.
    I don't think her life is ruined, people will move on.

In saying that, the guys should take some blame - not as much as the girl though(if you reverse the roles the women would still be the victims being objectified by the man). Her friends should have stopped her too, if it was out of character for her.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

She will when someone says it to her granny or her dad. She didn't think it through I suppose, but we've all done things we didn't think through. If it doesn't bother her either during or after, you have to wonder about her sense of self-worth.

Luckily the magnitude of the things most of us don't think through is no where near that of a mistake like this.

True, she could have been feeding off the attention, albeit a really seedy form of attention. How she didn't think when she was about 3 or 4 in 'wait a second.... this is absolutely going to end up on the internet' is beyond me.

There's not just her in it though, yes she carried it out, but a club facilitated it, men provided the appendages, and some yoke recorded it!! There'll all as bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,204 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

She didn't think it through I suppose, but we've all done things we didn't think through.

Didn't think it through?

Is there something about the act of sucking the sweaty cocks of 24 men in a crowded bar that needs thinking through?

Is it not immediately apparent what is involved in sucking the cocks of 24 men? Are there many issues that need to be considered before deciding whether the correct course of action is to suck the balls of 24 men in a crowded room?

You may have to clarify this one for me.

Didn't think it through?

Is there something about the act of sucking the sweaty cocks of 24 men in a crowded bar that needs thinking through?

Is it not immediately apparent what is involved in sucking the cocks of 24 men? Are there many issues that need to be considered before deciding whether the correct course of action is to suck the balls of 24 men in a crowded room?

You may have to clarify this one for me.
    I don't have to clarify anything for you, but I'll humour you.

She's drunk (or at least she's been drinking) so her judgement isn't what it should be, she's probably enjoying the notoriety, she's probably away on her first non family holiday, she's been told she could win another holiday, shes' being egged on and cheered, she's probably not the brightest bulb in the box, and she doesn't think through her granny seeing her going through a line of guys, or her dad watching a video of her debasing herself. Yes the immediate decision should have been apparent, but presumably the cascade of consequences wasn't.

It's stupid, ugly, sordid and exploitative. But she' doesn't deserve 4Chan orchestrating a life-ruining campaign or for it to follow her around for the rest of her life.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

The start of your second sentence indicates you do see something wrong with it.
    I agree with you it's not that big a deal in greater scheme of things but I don't think it's of any benefit to anyone to view this as healthy sexual expression either.

No, personally I don't find it acceptable but that doesn't equal wrong. I wouldn't do this but I'm talking as a mature woman in my late 30's, if I was 18 again and tanked up on booze and whatever else who knows? I do know I have made bad decisions thankfully away from a camera phone but they were my bad decisions to make and learn from, not fodder for the public to judge me on the basis of one stupid act. Doing it on camera was the stupid thing, only for that everyone would have gone home and moved on with their lives and no one would be any the wiser. It was just the one act and its not fair that her entire life will now be defined by it by a-holes with nothing better to do. The greatest fcukups are those on 4chan actually taking pleasure in her downfall and some of the comments about her taking her own life...like WTF? Those are the real bad guys in this and yet no one seems to be concerned by that at all.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I don't have to clarify anything for you, but I'll humour you.

She's drunk (or at least she's been drinking) so her judgement isn't what it should be, she's probably enjoying the notoriety, she's probably away on her first non family holiday, she's been told she could win another holiday, shes' being egged on and cheered, she's probably not the brightest bulb in the box, and she doesn't think through her granny seeing her going through a line of guys, or her dad watching a video of her debasing herself. Yes the immediate decision should have been apparent, but presumably the cascade of consequences wasn't.

It's stupid, ugly, sordid and exploitative. But she' doesn't deserve 4Chan orchestrating a life-ruining campaign or for it to follow her around for the rest of her life.

She more than likely had pretty low self esteem too imo..

It's a funny old world isn't it.. if that was a line of girls on the dancefloor and one lad being dared to work his way through them doing something explicit... who would take the flack (if any)?

The girls would be a shower of tarts and the lad would be a hero.

And no, I've never done anything like what the girl did.. thank God.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3 Disenchanted Sex Offender

Considering at least one of those lads probably has an std it's quite disgusting what she did.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭auldgranny

Considering at least one of those lads probably has an std it's quite disgusting what she did.

Why probably an std?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

auldgranny wrote: »
    Why probably an std?

Because they're the kind of guys who'll whip their nobs out for a stranger in a bar after watching her wrap her mouth around 20 or so other nobs.

No, personally I don't find it acceptable but that doesn't equal wrong. I wouldn't do this but I'm talking as a mature woman in my late 30's, if I was 18 again and tanked up on booze and whatever else who knows? I do know I have made bad decisions thankfully away from a camera phone but they were my bad decisions to make and learn from, not fodder for the public to judge me on the basis of one stupid act. Doing it on camera was the stupid thing, only for that everyone would have gone home and moved on with their lives and no one would be any the wiser. It was just the one act and its not fair that her entire life will now be defined by it by a-holes with nothing better to do.
    I'm pretty much in agreement with you overall, just questioning people who say this is normal stuff - it's not. It was for a supposed holiday, in public... not sexual liberation.
    The greatest fcukups are those on 4chan actually taking pleasure in her downfall and some of the comments about her taking her own life...like WTF? Those are the real bad guys in this and yet no one seems to be concerned by that at all.
    "No-one at all"? Nonsense. Even on this thread alone people are rightly expressing their disgust at those scum.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Sponge25 wrote: »
    Stupid decision I made was getting on a taxi mini bus after a night club with no empty seats, telling a girl if she doesn't move i'll smother her, her bf stood up and I gave him a full force head butt and threw him off the bus and start banging the roof. I was acting like such a maniac. the 10-12 other guys or so on the bus were afraid to intervene. I heard one guy say "will we kill him, will we" and I said to him, "right you, off the bus now, one on one" He start saying "goway ya soft boy" etc, so I booted him in the face and got off the bus and walked away fast. Lucky I didn't get arrested. I was so crazed, not a single person tried to hit me. Like a 15 stone, 6ft4, wild animal ready to smash heads in untill someone killed me.

Before anyone judges me, I'm a really nice guy, I dunno how many times I've put my neck out for someone and jumped into an uneven scrap and got the **** kicked out of me for a buddy. I was going trough an incredibly difficult time in my life. I had drank about 10 double pernods, aftershock, about 10 pints all that day. An eight of coke. I had been in a car crash previously that week and nearlly died and my friend died and I was lost and so hurt I had no control of myself. The people I fought on the bus were the type of guys that bully people in the club we used to go to but I still shouldn't have done it, especially to the female.

I'm not a bad guy and there's no excuse. I don't take drugs and didn't take drugs growin' up so the mixture of the insane amount of alcohol and the huge amount of coke for a maybe 3rd or 4th timer turned me into an absolute maniac. I would've fought my shadow if I thought it looked at me crooked.

I bet I get alot of people calling me a scvmbag etc, but I made one mistake, I had so much on my plate, I was so drug and not used to cocaine and was suicidal. OP asked what my stupidest decision was whilst drunk and this is my answer.

So try and be understand of what I was going trough that night. No it's not an excuse!

As said before drink just lowers inhibitions on what people want to do anyway ... Good luck you seem like a really nice guy, you're girlfriend is a lucky girl ..

Advertisement