Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stupid decisions (when drunk) that ruin your life[Mega merge]

Options
  • 03-07-2014 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭

By luck I've managed to get through my 'young adulthood' years without screwing up... But one young lassie (rumoured to be from Northern Ireland) performed an act on 24 guys in a magaluf bar, with the video now doing the rounds on the internet. She's apparently removed her Facebook profile and has gone to ground, but not before the video link was sent to a number of friends and family. Her apparent motivation was the possibility of winning a holiday - but all she got was a cheap bottle of Cava.

Part of me feels sorry for her while also thinking 'you silly, silly, girl'

link to daily mail storyl

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

on_my_oe wrote: »
    ...Her apparent motivation was the possibility of winning a holiday - but all she got was a cheap bottle of Cava.

Would you say she was a sucker?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭ArtyM

I do feel sorry for today's young generation that can't make their mistakes in Life without some f**kwit posting it on the World Wide Web for Likes and Thanks without so much as a single thought given for the effect it will have on that person's future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭urabell

We've all been there.

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

ArtyM wrote: »
    I do feel sorry for today's young generation that can't make their mistakes in Life without some f**kwit posting it on the World Wide Web for Likes and Thanks without so much as a single thought given for the effect it will have on that person's future.

Hmm, not so sure it's that simple. I personally never felt the need to service 24 guys in a bar to win a holiday, and this was back in the era before interwebs/facebook/electricity.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

urabell wrote: »
    We've all been there.

I've never been to Magaluf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

I've never been to Magaluf.

Ill bet you are booking your flights now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭on_my_oe

I've now heard that she was promised a holiday but 'holiday' was the name of the cocktail, not an actual 2 weeks all inclusive in the Maldives

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Thank the good lord there was no social media when i was making my stupid decisions

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

I feel sorry for them having to suck 24 d!cks to get a drink.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

At least she got a 3 buck bottle of hooch out of it.

There'll be a bunch of other young ones who'll do the same thing this summer and get nothing out of it.

• Advertisement

Mmm. Despite growing up Facebooking her YouTube, she forgot about all that stuff what with all the fun'n'sun and didn't think that kind of caper would get all kinds of attention. I have sympathy for the poor stupid child, but Cheeses like... :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Procasinator

She will probably star in a reality TV show soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

24 guys? Wow...were they all just whipping their knobs out for her?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭egghead.

Not to make fun of her but she probably has had more balls in her mouth than hungry hippos!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

mauzo! wrote: »

Yeah,from what I seen....flaccid ones at that

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Philo Beddoe

Whatever you think about her actions or lack of common sense, whoever posted the video is a scumbag.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭brembo26

mauzo! wrote: »

Actually seen the video on facebook. At least they all had a good time, had her baps on display and all.

edit: When I said 'at least they all had a good time' I was being sarcastic. I think its disgusting what she done and its even worse that it ended up on the internet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Ah, her Pops and Mom must be proud of their angels multi tasking :)

Whatever you think about her actions or lack of common sense, whoever posted the video is a scumbag.

Im wondering have they any sort of remorse for partaking in that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Sponge25

Stupid decision I made was getting on a taxi mini bus after a night club with no empty seats, telling a girl if she doesn't move i'll smother her, her bf stood up and I gave him a full force head butt and threw him off the bus and start banging the roof. I was acting like such a maniac. the 10-12 other guys or so on the bus were afraid to intervene. I heard one guy say "will we kill him, will we" and I said to him, "right you, off the bus now, one on one" He start saying "goway ya soft boy" etc, so I booted him in the face and got off the bus and walked away fast. Lucky I didn't get arrested. I was so crazed, not a single person tried to hit me. Like a 15 stone, 6ft4, wild animal ready to smash heads in untill someone killed me.

Before anyone judges me, I'm a really nice guy, I dunno how many times I've put my neck out for someone and jumped into an uneven scrap and got the **** kicked out of me for a buddy. I was going trough an incredibly difficult time in my life. I had drank about 10 double pernods, aftershock, about 10 pints all that day. An eight of coke. I had been in a car crash previously that week and nearlly died and my friend died and I was lost and so hurt I had no control of myself. The people I fought on the bus were the type of guys that bully people in the club we used to go to but I still shouldn't have done it, especially to the female.

I'm not a bad guy and there's no excuse. I don't take drugs and didn't take drugs growin' up so the mixture of the insane amount of alcohol and the huge amount of coke for a maybe 3rd or 4th timer turned me into an absolute maniac. I would've fought my shadow if I thought it looked at me crooked.

I bet I get alot of people calling me a scvmbag etc, but I made one mistake, I had so much on my plate, I was so drug and not used to cocaine and was suicidal. OP asked what my stupidest decision was whilst drunk and this is my answer.

So try and be understand of what I was going trough that night. No it's not an excuse!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

To be honest, I don't think that's alcohol, but more to do with being immature/lacking life experience. You won't catch me doing anything when drunk that I wouldn't do sober.

This. A little bit of old-fashioned decency wouldn't have misfired at all at all in this case.
    brembo26 wrote: »
    Actually seen the video on facebook....
    I won't be contributing to the persecution of that child by watching.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Sponge25 wrote: »
    Stupid decision I made was getting on a taxi mini bus after a night club with no empty seats, telling a girl if she doesn't move i'll smother her, her bf stood up and I gave him a full force head butt and threw him off the bus and start banging the roof. I was acting like such a maniac. the 10-12 other guys or so on the bus were afraid to intervene. I heard one guy say "will we kill him, will we" and I said to him, "right you, off the bus now, one on one" He start saying "goway ya soft boy" etc, so I booted him in the face and got off the bus and walked away fast. Lucky I didn't get arrested. I was so crazed, not a single person tried to hit me. Like a 15 stone, 6ft4, wild animal ready to smash heads in untill someone killed me.

Before anyone judges me, I'm a really nice guy, I dunno how many times I've put my neck out for someone and jumped into an uneven scrap and got the **** kicked out of me for a buddy. I was going trough an incredibly difficult time in my life. I had drank about 10 double pernods, aftershock, about 10 pints all that day. An eight of coke. I had been in a car crash previously that week and nearlly died and my friend died and I was lost and so hurt I had no control of myself. The people I fought on the bus were the type of guys that bully people in the club we used to go to but I still shouldn't have done it, especially to the female.

I'm not a bad guy and there's no excuse. I don't take drugs and didn't take drugs growin' up so the mixture of the insane amount of alcohol and the huge amount of coke for a maybe 3rd or 4th timer turned me into an absolute maniac. I would've fought my shadow if I thought it looked at me crooked.

I bet I get alot of people calling me a scvmbag etc, but I made one mistake, I had so much on my plate, I was so drug and not used to cocaine and was suicidal. OP asked what my stupidest decision was whilst drunk and this is my answer.

So try and be understand of what I was going trough that night. No it's not an excuse!

Get a grip man, nobody cares.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Egass13

Christ , I was gonna say going for a snack box instead of a kebab one night after the club, but you win !

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

jaysus mate, think OP was hoping to start a lighthearted thread.. hope you've gotten help since

Ive been drunk, at times, very very drunk,Ive never kicked anyone in the face or head butted them. But thats just me personally

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭brembo26

jimgoose wrote: »
    I won't be contributing to the persecution of that child by watching.

Was kinda hard not to. Facebook videos play by themselves now when scrolling through the news feed :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

I wonder what Slane Girl is planning to get the attention back.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,092 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Boy. That escalated quickly.

I mean that really got out of hand fast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

iDave wrote: »
    I wonder what Slane Girl is planning to get the attention back.

25 blokes at the next slane concert to top this .

Advertisement