Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stupid decisions (when drunk) that ruin your life[Mega merge]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,277 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

No matter what you think of the actions of the girl involved, it's hard not to have some degree of sympathy for how she and her family must be feeling now.

''Eh, Ma before you go to the shop for the paper there's something you should know.....''

Actions have consequences. I'm not going to chase the girl and stone her for impropriety, but neither am I going to waste my sympathy on her now that she is dealing with the fallout from her own choices.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

whupdedo wrote: »
    Hang ups about sex ?

Ok so we should applaud and cheer her on while in a nightclub looking for cocks to suck, Ok ill go with that, sure anything to seem liberated and in touch with the modern sexual view that anythig goes in public view, the next time I'm in a bar ill get my cock out and see how long it takes before I get ****ed out the door as she and all the lads should have been

If your view of sex is that it's okay for this to carry on in public, them you'll find your probably in the minority, or are we too hung up on our severe social morals to enjoy the sexual freedom we should be flaunting in public?

We shouldn't cheer it on but its not so bad that she deserves to have her life ruined by it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Muise...

Hang ups about sex ?

Ok so we should applaud and cheer her on while in a nightclub looking for cocks to suck, Ok ill go with that, sure anything to seem liberated and in touch with the modern sexual view that anythig goes in public view, the next time I'm in a bar ill get my cock out and see how long it takes before I get ****ed out the door as she and all the lads should have been

If your view of sex is that it's okay for this to carry on in public, them you'll find your probably in the minority, or are we too hung up on our severe social morals to enjoy the sexual freedom we should be flaunting in public?

There's a middle ground between the extremes of applauding this girl for sexual liberation - which is inaccurate because it's hardly liberated to use sex to get a free drink; and damning her as a slut - it's unfair to give her a permanent title when it was her actions on a foolish holiday night out that were slutty.

That middle ground is the decency to write off the whole episode as a regrettable escapade which has as much bearing on general sexual mores as my clumsy attempt at seducing an uninterested young fella at a club in Salthill in 1992. [the cringe is strong in that one :o]

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Muise... wrote: »
    ...my clumsy attempt at seducing an uninterested young fella at a club in Salthill in 1992. [the cringe is strong in that one :o]

The durt a ya!! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭long range shooter

Look, what she did was stupid and regretful but statements like that are just as bad as calling her a slut or a slag. It's not like she was involved in a gang bang with the 24 lads.

cheer up,have a drink

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

It's happening everywhere with anything remotely interesting/out of the ordinary.

People whip out their smartphones and start recording and later upload it.

There was a video of a chap at a music festival who had taken a few yokes and was chewing the jaw off himself but having a good time all the same.

The video showed 3-5 people with smart phones out recording him.

Tell me who the weirdo is here, the guy enjoying himself at a music festival or the person recording someone enjoying themselves?

Thank god smart phones didn't exist when I was growing up, I'm cringing thinking about some of the stuff.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭whupdedo

jimgoose wrote: »
    It should probably get the hose again, should it?

I don't think anyone here thinks this kind of carry-one should be cheered on. But if there's one thing worse than a daft act of "exuberance" like that it is a grown man calling a little girl names with a venom and gusto worthy of a psycho nun.

Believe me I wouldn't wanting see her life destroyed by this and like everything else will all be forgotten in time, but if she's old enough to drink and go on holidays without mammy or daddy to keep an eye on her and if she's old enough to go flaunting her tits out in a nightclub, well then she's hardly a little girl, I knew by the age of 12 what u was right or wrong, and that was definitely in the wrong category

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

I don't particularly care what she did tbh. I just think it's cruel that the newspapers are carrying the story.

I just have to roll my eyes at the people saying she was taken advantage of :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,334 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

GalwayGuy2 wrote: »
    I just have to roll my eyes at the people saying she was taken advantage of :rolleyes:

Kind of stumped by this quote
    Spain’s Women’s Institute called it ‘degenerate, discriminatory and unfair’ towards women.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭brembo26

This ****e newspaper is quick to pass the brush! Irish Mirror.

First she was British, now she's IRISH because she's from Armagh! Woot woot! :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

jimgoose wrote: »
    I don't think anyone here thinks this kind of carry-one should be cheered on. But if there's one thing worse than a daft act of "exuberance" like that it is a grown man calling a little girl names with a venom and gusto worthy of a psycho nun.

You have to wonder. I can almost see the rabid foaming from the mouth from here. I sense actual anger from his posts and you'd really have to wonder why.

She deserves everything she gets though. The inevitable bullying on and offline she will get (and is getting) is 100% deserved THE SLUT!:mad:

...she's hardly a little girl, I knew by the age of 12 what u was right or wrong, and that was definitely in the wrong category

Again, I don't think anyone is disputing that. And she is indeed chronologically an adult. But from where I'm standing it is most ungallant and unnecessary to call her horrible names, and I'm sure she's feeling like some óinseach right about now.

I don't particularly care what she did tbh. I just think it's cruel that the newspapers are carrying the story.

Who is saying she was taken advantage of?

Somebody somewhere on the internet.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,334 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Spain's Womens Institute. See post #251 below

Pawwed Rig wrote: »

That's not what they said.

So a lot of dumb **** had been said from every side. I think the "moving on and forgetting about this incident because it has fcuk all to do with us instead of making matters worse" tactic might be best.

Gawd help me if all the stupid **** I got up to as a teen was discussed in such minute details by total strangers on the internet. I mightn't have made it to adulthood tbh.

Pawwed Rig wrote: »

They said is was "degenerate, discriminatory and unfair" and I can't really disagree with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I was immediately reminded by the classic scene from Clerks.

She nearly got there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I've done some things in my youth that could be considered pretty slutty (though nothing near fellating a line of strangers in a pub) so I'm trying not to judge this girl too harshly but, the thing is, what I did I did because I wanted to, because the guy was cute, and because it was fun, what she did was prostitute herself for a drink which is not empowered or liberated, it's a sign of someone with a problem.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Buzz Killington the third

Bottom line is that was the pub did and what the guys did was take advantage of stupidity, what she did was openly display her stupidity. It'll disappear just like all the similar stuff that was shown on Ibiza uncovered in the 90's.

The other thing is that she was running around to suck as many of the lads that she could in 2 minutes but some of the guys were grabbing her head and basically f**king her face which could be classed as forceful, but sure nothing will happen because they weren't identified.

Shes a nob goblin

urbanledge wrote: »
    Shes a nob goblin

Beavis?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

#Comic book guy voice#

Tamest bukkake ever!

Somebody somewhere on the internet.

Yes. Just some random comments on the twittersphere that I rolled my eyes at.

It kind of reminds me of the other incident from earlier on. Although, I doubt many people will remember either of the females in a year or so.

Also, the spanish women's institute was, probably, saying that the fact it was broadcast was disgraceful. And, yeah, it was pretty bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Can we take the high moral ground and agree that this girl is 'British'?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

If a girl sucking 24 cocks in the middle of a crowded bar isn't a slut then the term has no meaning

Now you're starting to get it!

Yes. Just some random comments on the twittersphere that I rolled my eyes at. .

Relax, pal. I said it in jest.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Now you're starting to get it!

She is not a slut..she is just greedy...:D

• Advertisement

Relax, pal. I said it in jest.

I know :)

I was just saying where I saw the comments.

Advertisement