Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

A decent haul here, personally my best in a long time.
    Let's see now

Rockman 4 &
    Rockman 5, both for Famicom
    Super Controller 2 for the Famicom
    A spice coloured Japanese GC, console only
    A boxed Japanese Virtual Gun, black in colour.
    Ridge Racer for the PS, Japanese edition
    A PocketStation
    Christmas Nights
    Salamander for the Famicom
    An arcade stick for the Saturn
    Super Bomberman 2 for the SNES

All for €100.

Not too shabby.

I'll try to throw up some photos, and a link to his ad on Adverts, he has tons of stuff still.

z8x35vql.jpg

Now I'm just short of Rockman and Rockman 6 for the Fami and I've the lot, I have the second one on the NES, might see if I can get a trade for the Famicom one, make a proper set of it.

Edit: I forgot to include this bad boy, the Super Controller II for the Famicom

super_controller_ii_015.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

That’s a bargain for all of that. I had a quick look at Bomberman for the SNES last week and unsurprisingly it’s not cheap!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

BDJW wrote: »
    That’s a bargain for all of that. I had a quick look at Bomberman for the SNES last week and unsurprisingly it’s not cheap!

Yeah, some crazy money changing hands for stuff that was once, if not cheap then at least affordable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Man I want that spice GC so bad, always thought I’d find a broken/cheap one at some point and swap the inners out for my Pal console. Its lovely.

Danonino. wrote: »
    Man I want that spice GC so bad, always thought I’d find a broken/cheap one at some point and swap the inners out for my Pal console. Its lovely.

It's missing the little panel underneath that covered the BB adaptor connector, but otherwise perfect.
    I got it because it looks cool and it'll let me play my couple of Japanese GC games without having to use the modded Wii.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    It's missing the little panel underneath that covered the BB adaptor connector, but otherwise perfect.
    I got it because it looks cool and it'll let me play my couple of Japanese GC games without having to use the modded Wii.
    I'm SO jealous, I'm not much for collecting consoles anymore but I'd love an orange GC

It's about €45 but I'm sure he'd take an offer on a Hello Kitty Gameboy Pocket and a very reasonable Sega Saturn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

accensi0n wrote: »
    The batman joystick needed a buddy.

IMAG1310.jpg

It's funny the things you you fixate on, I've no great interest in CIB games, perfectly fine with loose carts but find myself really wanting to get a load of NES compatible controllers/joysticks (That I'll never use).

Jaysis I remember that sitting behind the desk in a local video/game rental place for like 4 years and nobody bought it. I mean it just looks uncomfortable.

Got my Steamed Hams t-shirt in the post yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Been on a bit of a magazine hunt the last while. Managed to get a bit lof of mean machines for €20

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgW9Oa_lB08/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgW_5FllZfT/

Streets of Rage 3 poster still in it!

So, my new "get" is a new job/role in work!

I can now salve my conscience too, having notification that I was successful in my interview for a new post in work, and confirmed with them this morning, so as a Clinical Nurse Manager III I can buy a slightly soiled PSX without guilt!

It's a role I have occupied for the past 14 months in, essentially, an acting capacity, but now I'm appointed into it so happy days.

No more interviews for me, I can retire in less than 9 years time, so that's nice!

The job may well transfer me onto the night round for a few years, so that'll be interesting too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Got some HuCards

DYabyhZW4AA6NQD.jpg

Two of the best as well, you'll have to find the second part of RType, an amazing port

Got some more bits today. Been after a Neo Geo controller for some time. And the Super Famicom was a very large hole in my collection. (Just need to get a Mega Drive now.)

DYreQUAWsAAplJk.jpg

The knob on the NeoGeo sticks tend to have cracks in them.
    Some people replace while others like them that way, I don't think the fractures are fatal anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,558 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I replaced one of mine with a regular arcade ball top but they just don't look right. Better to stick with the original cracked one I think.

I wouldn't have even noticed the cracks if they hadn't been mentioned. So thanks for that... haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

If you've got cracks on your knob I think you should follow Cidermans professional opinion of getting it looked at.

It's perfectly natural for men of our age.

They say moisturise regularly, keeps them supple

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭Doge

The tuner on the right is digital, as in: it has digital controls for tuning. It's not capable of receiving digital signals or anything but is digitally controlled as opposed to using a rheostat and knob which is an analog form of control like the one on the left.

• Advertisement

So, I'm now the proud owner of a PSX of dubious functionality.
    Now to find a stepdown to try it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Burzum

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    So, I'm now the proud owner of a PSX of dubious functionality.
    Now to find a stepdown to try it out.

If you figure out a way to fix it let me know so I can fix my other one :D

Burzum wrote: »
    If you figure out a way to fix it let me know so I can fix my other one :D

I'm hoping all it needs is a good talking to and a clean copy of something Japanese from my collection, maybe the Sega Rally port

Maplins have a step down, just have to check how much power the PSX wants, so the converter can handle the draw, and not try and set my house on fire.
    I like my house untoasted.

Master of the Universe

I would have assumed you had a house full of step downs at this stage! I know I do :D

Japanese voltage is a little lower than US (100v rather than 120v) - I've never had trouble using Japanese consoles on 120v step downs though.

I did splash out on a Japanese 100v Airlink step down transformer for my two cabs just to be safe!

sugarman wrote: »
    I've always wondered what the power supply was like inside the PSX, I could never find any clear photos online... I wonder if it can be swapped out or modded for 240v?

I'm just going to pick one up, a stepdown, just want to see if this can be coaxed back to life!

So, picked up a voltage convertor in the soon to be no more Maplins, got a good discount on it too.
    Got home and, just now, started the PSX up.

The start up screen is reminiscent of the PS3, with the XMB front and centre.
    One little problem seems to be that, despite being sent to the tv via composite, I get this very RF looking XMB after a crisp logo fades out.
    Weird thing is this goes away when I look at one of the saved Jp video clips... no idea why, those clips themselves seem fine too.

Anywho...

I had a NTSC/J copy of Ridge Racer and Sega Rally (PS2 port) on hand to try, despite the seller informing me that this particular PSX had issues with the game he tried, though he did remind me that it was in lousy condition.

Popped in Ridge Racer and... nothing....

Only kidding!

Worked fine, though there seems to be a delay in loading the game, might be the nature of the device.
    Up comes the Playstation logo followed swiftly by a quick level of Galaxians followed by Ridge Racer, and a lap or two later all seemed well.

Next, Sega Rally.

No problems there either!
    Works just perfectly, aside from that delay mentioned earlier.

So, to recap, for the princely sum of €50 I now own a pretty much working fine PSX console.

tenor.gif?itemid=8862861

Master of the Universe

Haha, no way! I'd say he was just trying to use PAL discs so. What a score :)

Yeah, it's been a good month for gets for me I have to say.
    In fact, not 4 months ago I thought my buying days were over, and I wept as there were no more consoles to conquer, but it seems this is not the case!
    Until my eyes spotted the PSX, and the Famicom Twin before it, I didn't know I had to have it.

So, with renewed hope, I watch for a Nuon... that console I foolishly sold and then failed spectacularly to buy back!
    I'll drop a saved search into Adverts and keep the fingers crossed!

I'll bring the PSX along to the Beers upcoming in Dinorex's place, along with a couple of games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Conchir

I was looking through my copy of Age of Empires for something, and was looking through the manual.

ojCBXREh.jpg

And I spotted this on the inside cover. Cool little link to gaming, even if it was just printing the manual.

55AIabjh.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement