Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,030 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The extras you got in big box PC games were great.

Proper chunky manuals, t-shirts, videos, lore novellas, stickers. They were great.

Nowadays that would be called a special edition and set you back 100+ euro except you'd get a ****ty statuette that you can put in your bedroom to defend your virginity and an art book of generic western videogame art.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

This lady's bloodied torso would be the pride of any living room display cabinet.

OJo3RKW.jpg

The Union Jack is a bit much though...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,789 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The extras you got in big box PC games were great.

Proper chunky manuals, t-shirts, videos, lore novellas, stickers. They were great.

Nowadays that would be called a special edition and set you back 100+ euro except you'd get a ****ty statuette that you can put in your bedroom to defend your virginity and an art book of generic western videogame art.

Those statues are literally the worst things ever, I remember the estus flask that came with Dark Souls 2, comical!

Back when I had the blast city in my living room, thing was a babe magnet! it has since been replaced with a bookcase :(

• Registered Users Posts: 34,660 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Those Riptide torsos actually went into production, hand painted and all.

You'd love to know what was going through the minds of the production line workers the day those sculptures started rolling out in front of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,906 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Black Ops with the working night vision goggles was a good one. The only collectors edition Ive ever actually wanted I think was the Homeworld Remaster Collectors Edition, the Mothership standing on a slab of stone with the star map engraved on it, it lights up aswell:

41g9Ank870L._AC_SX215_.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,557 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The GTA IV set was good, bag, tin safe deposit box, key ring, even a game!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭BGOllie

bag of c64 goodies left by a colleague at work today .
    Even the bag is collector here :D:D

27629059_10156142581158276_371909662545636011_o.jpg?oh=3fc9399861c7ef05147fe6db86e1cc1b&oe=5B245C5D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

o1s1n wrote: »
    Oh man, do you remember the Virgin Megastore PC games section? It was amazing!

God I miss that place :( used to travel in from Bray on the dart in the mid 90s to buy Manga VHS tapes, posters and the odd game if I could afford it.

Got mine down the back of Forbidden Planet back when it was at top of Dawson St., was a cool little shop back then. Think I still have a box of them up in the attic, that or they went out in the skip.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,557 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I had a double VHS of Akira... This was around 90 or so.

Feck!

I was processing a Serious Assault form for a staff nurse today who wasn't even born then!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Got mine down the back of Forbidden Planet back when it was at top of Dawson St., was a cool little shop back then. Think I still have a box of them up in the attic, that or they went out in the skip.

It's now mostly a Funko Pop distribution centre. They look at me like I'm insane when I buy a comic book.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

DinoRex wrote: »
    It's now mostly a Funko Pop distribution centre. They look at me like I'm insane when I buy a comic book.

I'm fairly certain they are part of some elaborate money laundering scheme, surely nobody buys them, let alone at the quantity they are stocked?

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I had a double VHS of Akira... This was around 90 or so.

Feck!

I was processing a Serious Assault form for a staff nurse today who wasn't even born then!

Just out of curiosity, what counts as "serious assault"?

Just out of curiosity, what counts as "serious assault"?

The assault itself is determined via incident form and a referral to Occupational Health in Connolly Hosp.
    It be any form of assault really, but normally the kind that puts a person off work for a number of days, or much longer in some cases.
    Musculoskeletal injuries are manifold, which neck and shoulder damage following being punched, dragged by the hair or shoved in the back.
    Also, people have been kicked in the head just tying laces.
    The assault form means they get such sickness absence recorded as due to assault and it doesn't go into their sick leave count.
    The Assault Suits Valken form means you get battle armour, but it's much harder to get approval for!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Inviere

Sounds like someone got a shoryuken to the jaw

Inviere wrote: »
    Sounds like someone got a shoryuken to the jaw

You literally have no idea, young men and women really place themselves selflessly in harm's way on a daily basis.
    You still see an attitude from older staff, particularly men, that they are the only one that can manage challenging or disturbed behavioural outbursts, but it's not true at all.

I know a few girls who are nurses, small women but they are tough cookies. It's no easy job

Heard a story of a woman down here who went to a ward with good intentions of therapy through music for mental health patients. One of them busted an acoustic guitar off her head after she went into a violent patient on her own.

I know a few girls who are nurses, small women but they are tough cookies. It's no easy job

Heard a story of a woman down here who went to a ward with good intentions of therapy through music for mental health patients. One of them busted an acoustic guitar off her head after she went into a violent patient on her own.

We've pretty solid rules on one to one work, personal alarms and team based restraint techniques as well as breakaway.
    But you can still catch a box or a kick out of no where.
    The great thing about my female colleagues is you don't have that macho bull to breakdown, the whole "I'm not going to let that fella away with that " kind of cr@p which only leads to more trouble.
    Best to dial it back, de-escalate the client and salve your ego with a pint after work instead.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

I'm fairly certain they are part of some elaborate money laundering scheme, surely nobody buys them, let alone at the quantity they are stocked?
    Those funko pops piss me off as they've released practically every DC character for them barring the two or three I'd actually buy , possibly it'd get in the way of them bringing out YET another feckin batman or harleyquinn variant ..

We have precisely two in our house, one is the hero from Fallout 4 and the other is a fecking Porg.
    Otherwise, an entirely Funko Pop free household.
    Plenty of Amiibo though

Never understood Funko Pop, they are naff looking.

Better off just getting some amazing single pieces if you want to get display toys.

I really want the NECA TMNT movie firgures, don't have £600 to spend on 4 toys though :(

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Two new LS32s.

IMG_20180213_213120279.jpg

Forgot how much of a pain sticks were to replace on the SnK cab.

doesnt use mounting plates but screws directly to the CP bottom plate, which is under the surface SNK panel that the buttons connect to.

IMG_20180213_213646747.jpg

Got them in eventually, decided to stick with the white balltops

IMG_20180213_220054674.jpg

Bit of wiring ...

IMG_20180213_221023453.jpg

And wer'e back in action!

IMG_20180213_221032155.jpg

I still haven't installed the 2 player control panel on my cab....

I know...

I know.......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Two new LS32s.

Got them in eventually, decided to stick with the white balltops

IMG_20180213_220054674.jpg

Looks great, love those cabs

I know...

I know.......

Jesus, still this ongoing saga...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,869 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I know...

I know.......

I'm moving a load of stuff out of storage and into my new workshop area. I'm fairly sure I have a 2 player panel that will fit your machine. If I do I'm sure we can sort something out if you want it. It's a blank panel, not original, but well made.

No, I mean I have the 2 player control panel.
    It's not been installed yet.
    Still.
    I need a small loom to connect it to the AWDS internals, as it does come with it already, unlike the Egret series.
    And Bandit offered ages ago to help me out with that.
    but I am too easily distracted, like now when I should be working....

Master of the Universe

Gave the new sticks a bit of a test this eve.

Managed to 1cc Metal Slug up to the final stage without too much difficulty. Two really silly deaths early on but powered on through.

IMG_20180214_212339125.jpg

Really made me notice how sluggish the previous stick had become.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Its been a while since i posted anything new (Ive been more lurking the forum that last year or so anyways), i dont think ive posted this previously, i cant remember to be honest!

Anyways, bought this a while back off Brownfinger! HUGE Star Trek fan so this was a dream pinball for me! Ive since added obligatory mirror blades to the sides of the pin :pac: (you can see them in the last image with the lights) ..

Just need a Jurrassic Park and Stargate and ill be happy.

I also added some Philips hue light bulbs in the kitchen and two hue blooms behind the cabs as well as elgato eve plugs to the pins and cabs so i can turn them all on from apple home. you can setup "themes" in home for each light to go a different colour. you can see the blooms throwing light on the walls behind the cabs\pins in the last two photos. Ive a theme called "getaway" in home and when i press that the kitchen lights dim to 10%, the blooms go blue and red, and the pins\cabs switch on (via the elgato eve plugs). id recommend them to anyone with cabs\pins or a games room, saves diving behind cabs or under pins looking for switches..

sttng1.jpeg

sttng2.jpeg

sttng3.jpeg

huelights.jpeg

huelights2.jpeg

Master of the Universe

Holy ****! :eek: so much amazing I don't know where to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Nice,
    where did you get the mirror blades, do you need to remove to lift the playfield? How do they stick on?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Nice,
    where did you get the mirror blades, do you need to remove to lift the playfield? How do they stick on?

Bought them from "ministry of pinball", have them on the 3 pins now they look amazing on them. really light up the playfield and give it a sense of depth.

They are real handy to put on, you dont have to remove the playfield at all. just lift it up, slide them in and they are held on the back by the bolt off the back box and just one small screw at the play end. then you just peel off the protective plastic stuff thats over the mirror. no hassle at all. some people add double sided tape to the back but its not really necessary.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement