Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Inviere wrote: »
    ^^ Where did you get those Dino? I often feel it's a huge waste of space displaying one console per shelf

With my old setup I'd the same problem but purchased 1 of the small units (4x4) and just cut in up to make extra shelves. Unless you looked closely you'd hardly know they were added in after.

8409293476_a1387aac56_c.jpg

Unfortunately it was left behind when we moved so have to devise something else to fit the new place.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

What sort of condition is your new acquisitions knob? *he asked innocently*

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

All those lovely shelves, I think I must have the scruffiest games room of all!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    What sort of condition is your new acquisitions knob? *he asked innocently*

Lightly scuffed but crack free.

All those lovely shelves, I think I must have the scruffiest games room of all!

But probably the most used !!

• Advertisement

So, not on a BGO level but, nevertheless, a suspicious package found left at my office door this morning.
    Rather than have it blown up by the bomb squad I dug down into my much depleted storehouse of bravery and found a copy of Sonic Chronicles for the DS and Nes Classics: Donkey Kong for the GBA, both boxed.
    Thank you whoever you are!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,217 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

So, not on a BGO level but, nevertheless, a suspicious package found left at my office door this morning.
    Rather than have it blown up by the bomb squad I dug down into my much depleted storehouse of bravery and found a copy of Sonic Chronicles for the DS and Nes Classics: Donkey Kong for the GBA, both boxed.

Retro game fairies?

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    Retro game fairies?

Could be, could be...
    devious little feckers, don't think they'd be doing me a good turn though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭BGOllie

sexy pics please

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Finally picked up a copy of this myself. £8 aswell, pretty happy with that

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bg133HRhNmu/

• Advertisement

BGOllie wrote: »
    sexy pics please

y6QWxCql.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Here's some I picked up recently:

NplhHShh.jpg

B0Gm3Qlh.jpg

7FskYcBh.jpg

How much did you pay for Rez on the DC?!?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,720 ✭✭✭geotrig

How much did you pay for Rez on the DC?!?!?

139.95eur according to the sticker :v

geotrig wrote: »
    139.95eur according to the sticker :v

Jaysus

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Would have thought £60-£70 would get you a complete copy of Rez

There's some on eBay up for over €200 but obviously that's not what they're selling for, typical over priced buy it now like most stuff in eBay.

To be honest it was a complete impulse buy as I had a One4All voucher that I had for 2 months because I couldn't find anywhere I wanted to spend so picked that up :)

I must pick it up, complete the set.
    I've got it on PS2 but, sadly, the releases on the 360 and PS4 are digital only afaik.
    The original on the DC must be a must buy.
    Worth getting Child of Eden as well, being the semi-official sequel, if you do forget all about the motion controls, they are terrible.
    It'd be a nice one of have on PSVR but very unlikely to appear on the format.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

Picked up my first lot of mega drive titles Castle of Illusion,PGA Golf 2,International Soccer & Sonic 1. I can sense this will be an expensive hobby!!!

sugarman wrote: »
    RAGE??? Had no idea they take one4all vouchers! :eek:

Yeah, I wish I had of known sooner as I wasn't finding anywhere to spend the voucher. I was surprised to see they take them as One4All/An Post take a large commission of each sale, 10-12% I believe. Hence why a lot of retailers don't take them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,442 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Just bought this, let the AES madness commence :eek:

ss.png

I was waiting for the last few Mega Drive games to arrive before posting but then I won another one. I'm not waiting for it to arrive :P

Got Moonwalker and Splatterhouse for a good price. I wanted them complete but they're double what I paid :(

On an unrelated note I also got Tron Legacy on Blu-ray today for €3.90 shipped. If anyone is interested in Blu-ray you can get them dirt cheap from sellers on Amazon. The fixed shipping rate of £1.82 for movies helps keep it cheap :)

omi9l35.jpg

As a Road Rash fan I really wanted to love Skitchin but it was very disappointing at the time.
    I have it but don't play it at all.

o1s1n wrote: »
    Just bought this, let the AES madness commence :eek:

Have you thought about the NEOSD cartridge ? Its pricey but looks like an excellent flashcart.

Master of the Universe

Have you thought about the NEOSD cartridge ? Its pricey but looks like an excellent flashcart.

Yep! It really looks great and is actually why I bought the above cart - want to make sure it's running AES carts properly before dropping such a big sum!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Picked up Deadly Premonition for £13.99 on Amazon UK, heard other versions are better but I don't see myself getting a gaming PC ir Xbox so yeah
    DZ9jPDgWkAEjmeL?format=jpg
    I got through Rule of Rose I'm sure itll be okay

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

sugarman wrote: »
    I must give that a go actually, got it on PSN around the time I got the PS4 and forgot all about it. Didnt know there was a physical release.
    Is it on PS4 had looked it up and didnt see if it was so bought the physical instead.
    Was trying to see if PS4 version would be better.

PS3 version is grand, that's what I played it on. Some game in fairness, although all the twin peaks references were wasted on me

Master of the Universe

Some game alright. I'm a massive Twin Peaks fan and just picked it up as everyone was raving about it without reading anything into it.

The moment I realized while playing it that it's basically a Japanese videogame take on the show my brain nearly melted out my ears with happiness.

Been meaning to go back and give it another go for years. I do remember one of the QTEs at the end nearly broke my hand.

• Advertisement

I'd kickstart a remake where they cut out the unnecessary combat.
    I may be imagining things but I'm nearly certain I read somewhere before it was gonna be a near total non combat game until the publisher started interfering.
    Is there any truth to that?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement