Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

PS3 version is grand, that's what I played it on. Some game in fairness, although all the twin peaks references were wasted on me

The frame rate is atrocious compared to the xbox version. The new content is nice though.

Swery has a new game called 'The Good Life' on kickstarter at the moment. Well worth backing. The Xbox One game he made was brilliant as well but he got screwed over by Microsoft.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭accensi0n

I found it, the worst game on the NES. Well, not sure if it's really the worst game but it's definitely the worst game in my collection now, utter sh*te. :)

IMAG1381.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

My latest additions...C64C and SD2IEC Drive and Fastload cart.

I was a zx spectrum guy as a kid but have fond memories playing games like bolderdash, impossible mission and IK+ on the 64.

5dqv5h.jpg

Still tempted to get the C64 Mini though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

We got a news games shop in Drogheda which does retro games (& decently priced)as well picked up The Terminator,Mortal Kombat & LHX attack chopper for the mega drive

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Antibac wrote: »
    We got a news games shop in Drogheda which does retro games (& decently priced)as well picked up The Terminator,Mortal Kombat & LHX attack chopper for the mega drive

Do they have a FB page or website?
    Stick on the bargain links page, maybe their Google map link if not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,913 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Firefox11 wrote: »
    My latest additions...C64C and SD2IEC Drive and Fastload cart.

I was a zx spectrum guy as a kid but have fond memories playing games like bolderdash, impossible mission and IK+ on the 64.

5dqv5h.jpg

Still tempted to get the C64 Mini though!

That's it, you're out, you don't have time to pack your bag, you're gone. :)

I'd like to get a breadbin C64 with the sd thingamebob eventually, though if the Spectrum Next ever materialises it'll be able to hardware emulate the commodore. Kane was better on the c64 too if I'm honest, though I thought IK+ was excellent on the speccy.

The mini though? That's a nope for me.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I was thinking of the C64 mini but the SD doohickey looks great, Dinorex was demonstrating his and it was fantastic.

That's it, you're out, you don't have time to pack your bag, you're gone. :)

I'd like to get a breadbin C64 with the sd thingamebob eventually, though if the Spectrum Next ever materialises it'll be able to hardware emulate the commodore. Kane was better on the c64 too if I'm honest, though I thought IK+ was excellent on the speccy.

The mini though? That's a nope for me.

I really looking forward to the spectrum next despite the recent update on the case production problems, the games and demos are already looking great.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I was thinking of the C64 mini but the SD doohickey looks great, Dinorex was demonstrating his and it was fantastic.

Really great bit of kit. Setting up the multidisk games can be a bit fiddly at first but once it' up and running it's great. Recommend getting the fastload cartridge as well as the SD2IEC emulates the same famously slow speed of the 1541 Floppy Drive. Got it here - https://www.thefuturewas8bit.com/

Hmm, very nice indeed.
    Must break out the C64, I think one or two keys need replacing, or a new membrane perhaps, I'll take a look.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Firefox11 wrote: »
    Really great bit of kit. Setting up the multidisk games can be a bit fiddly at first but once it' up and running it's great. Recommend getting the fastload cartridge as well as the SD2IEC emulates the same famously slow speed of the 1541 Floppy Drive. Got it here - https://www.thefuturewas8bit.com/

+1 on the fastload addon/mod

I picked up a JiffyDOS chip instead with a switchless feature should it need to be disabled.
    Now, get yourself a SID player and some SIDs and enjoy :D

Got a book (well 2 books) about the English software house Gremlin, who churned out some great games in the 8 bit home computer era. Did some good stuff late too, I thought actua soccer on playstation was actually good fun.

IMG_20180409_165135123.jpg
    IMG_20180409_165119807.jpg
    IMG_20180409_165820690.jpg

I remember Jack the Nipper and Monty Mole from a long time back!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I remember Jack the Nipper and Monty Mole from a long time back!

Remember Nipper too and Monty Mole had a few games iirc? Didnt he have something to do with British coal miners strike

Remember Nipper too and Monty Mole had a few games iirc? Didnt he have something to do with British coal miners strike

Yeah, he had a couple of games (and moley Christmas Your Sinclair covertape) and a dreadful monty mole game that didn't actually feature Monty (C64 version of his theme was epic I'll begrudgingly admit). He was either a scab or miner sympathiser depending on your political outlook!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

So the copy of Streets of Rage I bid on not expecting to win that I got out bid on but then winning bidder retracted and I won, arrived today.

Stingy bastards spent £3 on shipping and reused the envelope but charged me €10. My fault to be fair as others have mentioned using Parcel Motel etc. On the plus side it's absolutely mint condition. No scuffs on the plastic sleeve, not a crease in sight on the manual etc.

Two more carts for my C64 collection.

DagnrnLW4AAgD7i.jpg

I like how a kid wrote in the solution for the level 2 puzzle section of Batman.

DagnrqXX0AEENB5.jpg

DinoRex wrote: »
    Two more carts for my C64 collection.

DagnrnLW4AAgD7i.jpg

I like how a kid wrote in the solution for the level 2 puzzle section of Batman.

DagnrqXX0AEENB5.jpg

776e4cab681f08f5592e81eefa3c046906a8debb.jpg

Eerily that's very close to my own handwriting.

My first 2 retro eBay purchases arrived today-both for the megadrive EA Hockey & NBA Jam

• Advertisement

Got a bunch more C64 carts.

Da7UJWyW0AEJ180.jpg

(accidentally ended up with 3 copies of Navy Seals)

Da7T5m9XkAEM0Gi.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 34,441 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Here's something that's rather boring but I was quite excited to find :D, the matching SU-558 stand to go with my LMD 232W monitor.

They were an optional add on and are actually quite difficult to find on their own. (without buying a NOS version for a small fortune)

IMG_20180416_204810900.jpg
    IMG_20180416_205057141.jpg
    IMG_20180416_205114803.jpg

Picked up a free 14” CRT tv Amazing the difference using the proper type tv!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I got another Earthbound tee and a Persona 5 tee (Big Bang Burger) and pin.
    It came with the cutest Sonic card by SaffronScarf on Twitter
    Da6uo7fWAAUEP9a?format=jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

F3hNSocm.jpg?1
    MegaMan Pixel-Pal & Heihachi Mishima Pop Vinyl
    fOCGLImm.jpg?1
    Looks fair class lit up

I love these Pixel-Pals line of figures. Mad to get more of them

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

F3hNSocm.jpg?1
    MegaMan Pixel-Pal & Heihachi Mishima Pop Vinyl
    fOCGLImm.jpg?1
    Looks fair class lit up

I love these Pixel-Pals line of figures. Mad to get more of them

The Mega-man is really class looking, what a great idea to illuminate pixel art!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭accensi0n

A few new NES games. A couple of duds mixed in with some greats ones. Shadow warriors is brilliant.

Punch-out is on my list of games to get, I really, really, hope it's not like George Foremans KO Boxing.

IMAG1449.jpg

Master of the Universe

Got a lovely little Sony hifi for my gaming setup. (CMT bx70dbi, 25 euro, Oxfam Homestore strikes again!) I originally had gaming audio routed through my big stereo but the speaker cabinets are just too booming for bleeps and bloops.

I restarted Shenmue 2 today and it sounds amazing through it!

hifi_1.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

accensi0n wrote: »
    A few new NES games. A couple of duds mixed in with some greats ones. Shadow warriors is brilliant.

Punch-out is on my list of games to get, I really, really, hope it's not like George Foremans KO Boxing.

IMAG1449.jpg

Gun.Smoke is a pretty neat game.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

sugarman wrote: »
    Thats a really nice little piece, DAB too and fits perfectly on the shelf! I might actually go down that route instead of a sound bar.

Dont suppose you noticed any old tape recorders in the Oxfam Homestore while you were there? Saw some last time I was in and am on the look out for a project. Might save me a wasted trip.

The turnover rate there on electronics is actually quite quick. I'm in every day as I work right beside it and if there's something nice or interesting it tends not to last long (tape equipment being high on the list!)

Unless you mean VHS? There are usually a few players knocking about. The nicer ons do vanish quickly though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement