Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Kerbdog passed on some stuff today
    A boxed Assault Suits Valken, boxed Japanese copy.
    Super Mario RPG , English language in a Japanese casing.
    A flashcart of some description.
    Japanese copy of Super Mario Kart cart only
    Boxed copy of Sonic for the MD, Japanese.
    So thanks Kerb!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Boss walked in today and gave me a Nintendo DS for nathin'. The kinda price I like!
    444817.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 34,581 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Nice!

I haven't played my DS in years. It took such a hammering back when it was current though (thank you, R4 cards!)

I wonder how the battery holds up in them these days?

o1s1n wrote: »
    Nice!

I haven't played my DS in years. It took such a hammering back when it was current though (thank you, R4 cards!)

I wonder how the battery holds up in them these days?

Might turn on a game and leave it in demo mode to see as it just finished charging there. This might be given to a parent, they might have more use with the puzzle games :)

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Conchir

My DS lite is still going strong, got it in 2006. I don't know the actual time it lasts, but at least 3 or so hours for sure between charges.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Cantstandsya

This was waiting for me after work. It was held up for a few days with the snow... which is a pity as it would have been ideal for the surprise long weekend.

444848.jpeg

444849.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Yeah, I just need to get a decent print & laminate job done.
    I have some pure-white buttons I might use for the top row though.

The Sangyo Spital really is a piece of oddware; all I can guess from the Japanese manual is that it was made in 1996 by Spital Sangyo Co., Ltd.
    It also came with a silly sticker set:
    http://www.togonogo.com/r4/g4l-49.jpg

Love the red stickers, for the following in game actions:
    "Punch!", "Kick!", "Squat!", "Twerk!", "Night Fever!", "Sumo fart!", "Levitate!", "Cry deeply!"

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The DS is a great console, but for the folks I reckon the DSi:XL is your only man.
    It's telling that the original owner preferred Spyro over More Brain Training.
    One would have thought that the original would have spurred them on to greater mental feats, such as getting the wrapper off

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    The DS is a great console, but for the folks I reckon the DSi:XL is your only man.
    It's telling that the original owner preferred Spyro over More Brain Training.
    One would have thought that the original would have spurred them on to greater mental feats, such as getting the wrapper off

Was thinking a DSi:XL might make more sense - maybe the DS is enough for said person to get a taste of it and if it seems like the got a kick out of it splash out on a XL?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Ya that's the one alright. There only dispatching them now so probably another week or so before it turns up.

• Advertisement

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    Was thinking a DSi:XL might make more sense - maybe the DS is enough for said person to get a taste of it and if it seems like the got a kick out of it splash out on a XL?

I've got one in the collection.... I could pass it onto them and pick up another XL down the line.
    I see CEX have them for €50 , just trade in the DSlite and pick up the XL for €30.

Master of the Universe

Just got a text from Parcel Motel saying I had to top up my account by €7 as my current balance didn't cover the size of my latest package.

I've a feeling that Time Crisis 2 gun holster is going to be a lot bigger and heavier than I'd expected from the photos :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭BGOllie

... my current balance didn't cover the size of my latest package

is it me or ... ? :D:D:D

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Just got a text from Parcel Motel saying I had to top up my account by €7 as my current balance didn't cover the size of my latest package.

I've a feeling that Time Crisis 2 gun holster is going to be a lot bigger and heavier than I'd expected from the photos :eek:

Time Crisis 2 gun holster? Did I miss a purchase announcement?

Master of the Universe

Time Crisis 2 gun holster? Did I miss a purchase announcement?

Ah, I wish! I've an original pink arcade gun and foot pedal modified to work with a PS2. Just ordered the holster part too to try and make some kind of arcade pedestal to go with it.

Pink arcade gun eh.

Hmm. Does it sit in an empty can of o'doyles stout when not being used.

Sex_In_A_Can_Gold_ODoyles_Stout-570x570.jpg

Master of the Universe

This is quickly evolving into the 'Arcade, Retro and o1s1n's schlong' forum.

About bloody time tbh :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Congratulations, I for one, welcome the new forum structure and it's overlord.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

The addiction grows.

L1m1tless wrote: »
    The addiction grows.

nice little cab!

• Advertisement

Thanks. Needs some work but I'm happy with it. Bills will have to wait till next week :P

whats the marquee?
    unigame?

L1m1tless wrote: »
    The addiction grows.

Nice.

Those types of cabs always remind me of a greasy spoon or chipper cab

whats the marquee?
    unigame?

Looks like a DIY job, Says Videoplay on a piece of wood. Need to change it out with a new one on plexi and add a nice light :)

Reminds me of a chipper I used to go to as well to play pac-land. Has those nostalgic crappy yellow buttons. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭accensi0n

The batman joystick needed a buddy.

IMAG1310.jpg

It's funny the things you you fixate on, I've no great interest in CIB games, perfectly fine with loose carts but find myself really wanting to get a load of NES compatible controllers/joysticks (That I'll never use).

Wtf Bart Simpson in a blue shirt. That's serious old school. I love it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

So I bought another amiga CD32 from gumtree and this seller takes Paypal...

https://www.gumtree.com/p/other-games-consoles/amiga-32-/1287755714

System arrived using addresspal from anpost... works perfectly....Came with a shed load of games working controller and two holders of demo cds...

Quite happy with that....

Now onto finding a commodore 128......

My copy of Starblade Alpha finally arrived from Japan, for the PS.
    Took its time though, posted on the 26th of January.
    Still, it's here now and that's the important thing.

Why though, given the region free nature of the PS3, won't the pesky machine play all region PS games?
    I mean, they would have had to actually build in region protection... It cost Sony money to make sure that no one could play games from another region, in a format that no one sold anymore.

It's not a massive problem, I'll just use the modded PS or the region free PS2, or just would have been handy to play it on the main TV, which only has hdmi right now.
    There is a scart adaptor but it's fiddly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Burzum

Got home after the Satyricon concert Saturday night and this is what was waiting for me on the kitchen table. My father picked it up for me thinking I would enjoy it.

so4DX6Fm.jpg

96uBJeAm.jpg

+ 20 odd games, loaded it up and everything seems to be working great.
    Am delighted
    so4DX6F

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement