Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,553 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

For some reason my copy of Starblade Alpha for the PS has taken a walk, so I've ordered another one, this time from Japan.
    Only a tenner shipped too, just have to wait from the slow boat over.
    I don't seem to have it for the 3DO either, though I seem to remember owning that for sure.
    It's a little more expensive than the PS edition too but, like Return Fire and Virtua Racing, Starblade is a game I just have to pick up.
    I know there's a Mega-CD version but it looks terrible tbh.

but then, it's running on a Mega-CD... might be a purchase someday, or a sneaky CDR...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

:D

tl0WUe3.jpg?1

Just finishing 'Aladdin' right now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,553 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

My MegaCD lit up last night for the first time, then went dark again :(
    Bugger

Balls. I'd be afraid to plug in my one. It's been living in the attic for three years

• Registered Users Posts: 5,789 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Both mine work but the MCD1 disk tray sounds like metal gear firing up when it slides out

• Advertisement

Feels like it might be something simple....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭Inviere

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    My MegaCD lit up last night for the first time, then went dark again :(
    Bugger

That's what it was doing when I sold it, how long did it light up for?

Inviere wrote: »
    That's what it was doing when I sold it, how long did it light up for?

A few seconds, and then nothing.
    How do the switches work, those fitted to the MegaCD?
    I've that feeling that it's the most minor of things, but Kerbdog couldn't figure it.
    Might ask Bandit to take a peek.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭Inviere

I've that feeling that it's the most minor of things, but Kerbdog couldn't figure it.

As far as I remember, they're connected to the multibios chip, which itself, is piggy backed onto the original bios chip. From various combinations of switch positions, different region bios' are loaded. It could be related to the mod, it is a mod that was done almost 15 years ago I'd say, and as Kerb will attest to, isn't of a good standard (I was only learning :o). That said, it worked perfectly right up until it went into storage, so maybe a dry/cracked solder joint is all I could guess at. Did you have a cap kit done on it? That'd be my first guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Inviere wrote: »
    As far as I remember, they're connected to the multibios chip, which itself, is piggy backed onto the original bios chip. From various combinations of switch positions, different region bios' are loaded. It could be related to the mod, it is a mod that was done almost 15 years ago I'd say, and as Kerb will attest to, isn't of a good standard (I was only learning :o). That said, it worked perfectly right up until it went into storage, so maybe a dry/cracked solder joint is all I could guess at. Did you have a cap kit done on it? That'd be my first guess.

Do yea feel lucky Ciderman?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Couldn't say for €2, might use it as a coaster :pac: jkjk
    Discs are in great condition
    DVIM9YgWAAEL2Nw?format=jpg&name=medium

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    Do yea feel lucky Ciderman?

Well, it's not working now, so further efforts that also result in a not working MegaCD is not so much as a risk as much as simply the maintenance of the status quo.

My Beat figure arrived!
    DVRmc9jW4AA1_2t?format=jpg&name=orig

That's just amazing Fuzzy!

That's just amazing Fuzzy!
    Thanks!
    I wanted Ulala but they were released at the same time and I prefer JSR to play anyway.
    Was around e45 but there's not much stuff of it and maybe if it sold well it might make them think about the games or other figures, I'd love Gum or Mew.

Hideki Naganuma said he'd like to make a JSR dance game since he did a remix for the bew Persona Dancing game. Never know.

I also got this new Yume Penguin Monogatari as well, I missed getting it during last years GDQ
    DVRnrhjWkAApmZq?format=jpg&name=900x900

yume2.png

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Conchir

I already own Dark Forces on Steam, so this purchase was solely for the box (which in this case is totally worth it imo).

UhL45e7h.jpg

Bdx8xrSh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,902 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Can I ask how much? I have the same one at home.

Thargor wrote: »
    Can I ask how much? I have the same one at home.

€21 with the manual, CD, CD case, and leaflets included, plus postage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Few new NES games. Havn't played Lemmings or LOLO 2 yet, Gremlins 2 and Blue Shadow are great. Never had Duck Hunt when I was younger, only zapper game I had was Wild Gunman.

IMAG1271.jpg
    IMAG1270.jpg

• Advertisement

Conchir wrote: »
    €21 with the manual, CD, CD case, and leaflets included, plus postage.

Just realised, I should add that the original asking price was €30 plus postage. Anything within that 20-30 range would be quite reasonable I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,632 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Is there much of a market now for big box pc games?

Was always one element of videogame collecting I was never really clued in on.

o1s1n wrote: »
    Is there much of a market now for big box pc games?

Was always one element of videogame collecting I was never really clued in on.

I'd say there is, but I suppose it depends where you look. Like for instance they're all over ebay in various states of repair, and from the cheapest items right up to extremely rare examples. You've also got the likes of LGR on YouTube whose videos on big box games are very popular (and his video on why they disappeared is a pretty interesting watch, as are all his 'Tech Tales' series). There's also some very active internet forums around the place discussing big box PC games.

Then on the other hand, I've very rarely seen any mention of them on boards, and I've never seen them in the likes of the RAGE on Fade St. If there's a particularly active place for them in Dublin/Ireland, I'd appreciate a point in the right direction :o There is definitely a market out there for them in certain places.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,789 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Big box PC games were always awesome, I still have my Quake 2 big box somewhere.

Funny to think that if a big box was released for any console or PC now it would be a special "Retro" edition that costs €20 extra, where it was just the standard back in the day.

Bookmart & GameSexChange on Talbot St in Dublin used to have a selection of big box PC, Amiga and ST games, brought back all sorts of memories of The Virgin Megastore waaaay back when

Master of the Universe

Oh man, do you remember the Virgin Megastore PC games section? It was amazing!

God I miss that place :( used to travel in from Bray on the dart in the mid 90s to buy Manga VHS tapes, posters and the odd game if I could afford it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

I used to have loads of big box PC games. ya mostly bought in the Virgin Megastore as well.

Unfortunately all got chucked out during a house move years ago :(

I used to be dazzled by the Amiga stuff, seemed streets ahead of everything else.
    And then there was the Laserdisc section.... man that stuff was just science fiction.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

o1s1n wrote: »
    Oh man, do you remember the Virgin Megastore PC games section? It was amazing!

God I miss that place :( used to travel in from Bray on the dart in the mid 90s to buy Manga VHS tapes, posters and the odd game if I could afford it.

I remember my copy of Syndicate Wars for PC in there came with a free copy of Dominion Tank Police on VHS.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

DinoRex wrote: »
    I remember my copy of Syndicate Wars for PC in there came with a free copy of Dominion Tank Police on VHS.

I tried to buy Urotsukidoji in there when I was 12 or 13 (it was on sale for something super cheap like £5!) and they wouldn't sell it to me :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement