Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The most self entitled thing you've ever seen....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

This thread is almost as epic as the "I found a safe thread" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Hold on a second, buddy. I have UC and I've never tainted the magic of a couples special day my producing a hotel-sized shít cake. :P #YesAllUCSufferers

So have I, and I didn't either. Buddy

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭stmol32

Irishcrx wrote: »
    Dear lord, I feel your pain. I actually think anyone working in IT/Facilities should have a degree in dealing with asswipes...because they get everyone of them throughout the week.

Cheers mate but to be honest I'm an old hand now so I don't get stressed by these lunatics anymore (I used to when I was younger).

To make it worse she's now a member of the Oireachtas so I doubt that did anything to dampen the sense of self importance down to normal human being levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭check_six

Jawgap wrote: »
    I got 'done' one morning heading into work.
    I came out of shop with some kind of fruit scone thing and a lady approached begging for the scone. She looked like maybe she was from eastern europe direction and she was communicating mainly by sign language. In any event, it was clear that she wanted the scone. I handed it over then watched as she picked at it for a moment, and then lobbed it straight in the bin. (I'm not saying that she was acting "entitled", just that I was kind of looking forward to that bun!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

check_six wrote: »
    I came out of shop with some kind of fruit scone thing and a lady approached begging for the scone. She looked like maybe she was from eastern europe direction and she was communicating mainly by sign language. In any event, it was clear that she wanted the scone. I handed it over then watched as she picked at it for a moment, and then lobbed it straight in the bin. (I'm not saying that she was acting "entitled", just that I was kind of looking forward to that bun!)

At the risk of sounding uncharitable, I reckon that the people you see in the early morning (before about 8-30am) are genuinely homeless and/or have missed out on a hostel bed for the night.

The ones who show up later on in the day are less so.

Generally, I'd stand someone an early breakfast, but I'd be reluctant to buy them a lunch.

.......or maybe my logic is completely arse about.......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

Candie wrote: »
    Why people enable others to continue this, I'll never figure out.

These people need to be 'ryanaired'. If you choose to be late that's your problem and the meal will go ahead without you.

Karl Stein wrote: »
    These people need to be 'ryanaired'. If you choose to be late that's your problem and the meal will go ahead without you.

'Ryanaired' is my favouritest new verb since the introduction of 'Shawshanked'.
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

We're inventing new verbs as we go along.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Mick55

The company I work for ran a Facebook competition recently that I was charged with. The first prize was a €50 Euro restaurant voucher. We picked out a woman randomly and dropped her a message. She came in to collect the voucher and couldn't have been less grateful..

When she came in I introduced myself, gave her the voucher and she interrupted me mid sentence, grabbed the voucher and walked out.. I said after her enjoy your meal, she just said 'yea' over her shoulder!!

I was amazed.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Fiolina

Mick55 wrote: »
    The company I work for ran a Facebook competition recently that I was charged with. The first prize was a €50 Euro restaurant voucher. We picked out a woman randomly and dropped her a message. She came in to collect the voucher and couldn't have been less grateful..

When she came in I introduced myself, gave her the voucher and she interrupted me mid sentence, grabbed the voucher and walked out.. I said after her enjoy your meal, she just said 'yea' over her shoulder!!

I was amazed.

That reminds me of the woman that was on the Late Late show years ago with Pat Kenny. I can't remember what she'd won but she was sooo ungrateful I think he hung up on her

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

A guy I knew from college wanted to go on a round the world trip. His parents gave him five thousand euro to help him. They previously gave his brother considerably more to put a deposit on a house. He threw up a stink by kicking in a window in his parents house after which his parents gave him the money.

That wasn't enough for him so he told people that he was raising money for charity to go across the the world or trek some mountain. He organised a table quiz on the same pretence and kept some of the money for himself and arranged it that the prizes went back to people who worked for him and eventually back to him. He bragged about how he got to keep a watch donated to him from some company. Stealing didn't once enter his mind because in his mind it was his right. The most spoiled person I know really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Fiolina wrote: »
    That reminds me of the woman that was on the Late Late show years ago with Pat Kenny. I can't remember what she'd won but she was sooo ungrateful I think he hung up on her

Pat looked like he'd been kicked up the arse

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

steddyeddy wrote: »
    A guy I knew from college wanted to go on a round the world trip. His parents gave him five thousand euro to help him. They previously gave his brother considerably more to put a deposit on a house. He threw up a stink by kicking in a window in his parents house after which his parents gave him the money.

That wasn't enough for him so he told people that he was raising money for charity to go across the the world or trek some mountain. He organised a table quiz on the same pretence and kept some of the money for himself and arranged it that the prizes went back to people who worked for him and eventually back to him. He bragged about how he got to keep a watch donated to him from some company. Stealing didn't once enter his mind because in his mind it was his right. The most spoiled person I know really.

The bit with his parents reeks of entitlement, the rest is just criminal and he should have been reported for fraud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

steddyeddy wrote: »

Deserved a visit from the law for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,952 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

mauzo! wrote: »
    OK last post on the matter, im aware I'm wrecking peoples heads with it!!

He is a lovely guy, charming and funny. He is in his 30s and would be a close friend of my husbands.

He baffled me, how he didn't apologise or feel embarrassed is beyond me. If I even farted in someone's bridal suite I'd feel terrible.

The older guests were truly disgusted, the younger ones were either furious for us or thought it was funny. The memes and jokes going around were very funny, there's not much you can do except laugh, tip the cleaners, apologise and pay the bill.

He won't be coming to our house warming.

Sorry for hijacking the thread, but it was the most self entitled thing I've seen and definitely an interesting story.

You're not highjacking the thread. Don't mind the few clowns that are winging. They can read something else.

Whining over the content of an internet thread.

...about self entitlement no less.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Tony EH wrote: »
    You're not highjacking the thread. Don't mind the few clowns that are winging. They can read something else.

Whining over the content of an internet thread.

...about self entitlement no less.

:pac:
    being asked for a story.....coming up with the best one.....then accused of hijack!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

rawn wrote: »
    I was in the post office today, there was a bit of a queue. When I got to the top of the queue a man came barging in to the post office and straight up to the window I was aiming for. The lady behind the window says "excuse me sir there's a queue I'm serving this lady here" to which he responded "Why should I queue up I'm here to actually post a letter not collect my dole like the rest, so you can serve me first". I was gobsmacked!

Happened in my post office at home one day, our postmaster is not a man to be crossed and told the queue-skipper he'd have to wait like everyone else :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

My mother was coming home yesterday and found a little dog. Checked the collar, rang the owner and got no answer. Grand job, picked up the dog and brought it home since we only lived 5mins from where the dog was found.

Rings the owner again and gets through. Explains the situation to the owner who then asks my Mum to bring the dog back down to her house as she's at work and can't pick it up. Mum explains she can't leave the house as she's minding two young children and it's not even her dog. Woman gets all snotty with her, huffs and puffs until she decides her husband shall come get the dog. Asks my Mum to meet him half-way. Half-way of this 5min walk. Mum again explains the whole young kids situation. More huffing and puffing, Husband finally arrives to pick up the dog. Turns out he works from home, let the dog out and just didn't really care when it came back.

Now, I know this isn't quite the same as trying to re-paint a hotel interior with your own arsehole, but it's all I could contribute.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Triangla

Fiolina wrote: »

Toy show tickets. He ripped them up live on air.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭whupdedo

MagicIRL wrote: »

Now, I know this isn't quite the same as trying to re-paint a hotel interior with your own arsehole, but it's all I could contribute.

And we were going so well without it :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Triangla wrote: »
    Toy show tickets. He ripped them up live on air.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Tarzana

Jawgap wrote: »
    Why didn't you buy him the McFlurry as well? The guy probably thought this would be his only chance at a 'decent' meal and wanted to get as much as he could.......no harm in that.

I think most people having made the initial decision to be charitable, would have paid for the McFlurry.

Yeah, have to agree. OK, he was chancing his arm but probably thought "Why not?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Tarzana wrote: »
    Yeah, have to agree. OK, he was chancing his arm but probably thought "Why not?"

Once when I first arrived in Dublin a young homeless guy asked me for a smoke, I don't smoke and felt bad saying no so I bought him a pack

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

I'm calling shenanigans on the poo story. Don't believe a word of it. If it were true he would have been kicked out and/ or been given the bollocking of his life. Instead everyone thinks its grand and carries on as usual?? :confused:

Also there are logistical inaccuracies in the story. I don't know how poo just falls out of trousers. Don't people wear underpants? How much room is there in the arse of his pants for a poo??

SHENANIGANS.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

I'm calling shenanigans on the poo story. Don't believe a word of it. If it were true he would have been kicked out and/ or been given the bollocking of his life. Instead everyone thinks its grand and carries on as usual?? :confused:

Also there are logistical inaccuracies in the story. I don't know how poo just falls out of trousers. Don't people wear underpants? How much room is there in the arse of his pants for a poo??

SHENANIGANS.
    Several Boardies who were at the wedding have confirmed the story.
    No bull****!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

A few years ago I was flying from Stansted to Dublin. Everyone queued close to boarding time, and because the flight was delayed, there was soon a very long queue consisting of almost all of the passengers snaking through the departure area.

Two young women in Ugg boots and hot pants arrived. I believe they may have been Russian nouveau riche.
    They balked at the length of the queue (I was at the front of it by the way) and stood contemplating it and considering their strategy for some moments.
    Then they walked along the queue, sizing up different men, before settling on one who they clearly felt would succumb to their charms. Twirling their hair, they gave him some excuse among pleaded for him to let then in front of him, but to no avail. He gruffly said he'd let them in on his hoop, or some such salty North Dublin saying.
    They tried the same routine once more until some goon let them in front of him, not too far from the front of the queue, which was quite sickening, but I also didn't really care because I was at the front.

Also, they may have sh*t themselves on the flight, but I don't know if they did or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Umaro wrote: »
    You really got one over on that homeless man. Well done, mate.

Era not a simple as I'm making out to be honest.there was other markers that didn't make him seem homeless if I'm honest.he wasn't all that badly dressed and he had headphones that were as good as any I had at home.I always give food or money to guys/girls after a night out,tis a bit of a habit.one time I gave a girl who was playing a whistle a fiver cause she looked homeless,buddy gave her food I think. He was talking to her for awhile and she cut him off mid sentence and got up and ran into what looked to be her waiting boyfriend car.

mauzo! wrote: »
    He is a lovely guy, charming and funny.

If he didn't apologise and offer to pay the cleaning bill, he's neither lovely nor charming.

Sadderday wrote: »
    Girl I know .... her sister was just about to be married and she was bridesmaid.

Their parents wanted to contribute to the cost of the wedding and gave four grand to the bride to cover some of the reception costs.

Bridesmaid sister kicked up a major stink .... she demanded four grand from her parents because it seemed unfair to her that she may never get this contribution as she may never be married.

She refused to go to the hens night and fell out with the family... refusing to take part in the wedding.

To put things right on the day - the girls parents gave her a four grand cheque the morning of the wedding.

Self entitled disgusting behaviour... enabled by the parents.

Her behaviour was appalling... but I can kinda see her point. Kinda unfair to not get any helping hand from your folks if you don't get married, when your sibling did because they are. Weddings aren't the only thing that someone could use some help with, IF your parents are that way inclined.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Tarzana wrote: »
    If he didn't apologise and offer to pay the cleaning bill, he's neither lovely nor charming.

Ah sure, he was hammered etc.

Gotta love that lax Irish attitude to inhuman disgusting behaviour when there is drink on board.

Something similar, not wedding related thank god, happened to me. Drink plus loss of ars3 control in shared accomodation. Pathetic. Happened twice actually, but the second incident only involved a tent I lent someone and not me being physically present. Both occasions the rats involved in some way tried to excuse their behaviour on excess drink and did not apologise. The usual, "ah sure, I was lamped" bollix.

The person involved should have a think about their drinking.

Advertisement