Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The most self entitled thing you've ever seen....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Pwindedd

Tarzana wrote: »
    Her behaviour was appalling... but I can kinda see her point. Kinda unfair to not get any helping hand from your folks if you don't get married, when your sibling did because they are. Weddings aren't the only thing that someone could use some help with, IF your parents are that way inclined.

She could've waited till after the wedding FFS. She didn't know what her future held in store at that time.

My mam and dad gave my brother some money towards a deposit for a flat, after they helped out with our wedding. He didn't ask for it though. It was offered when they realised no woman would be crazy enough to marry him anyway while he was still living at home at the tender age of 33.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Tarzana

Pwindedd wrote: »
    She could've waited till after the wedding FFS. She didn't know what her future held in store at that time.

Oh, I agree, she behaved terribly.

MagicIRL wrote: »
    My mother was coming home yesterday and found a little dog. Checked the collar, rang the owner and got no answer. Grand job, picked up the dog and brought it home since we only lived 5mins from where the dog was found.

Rings the owner again and gets through. Explains the situation to the owner who then asks my Mum to bring the dog back down to her house as she's at work and can't pick it up. Mum explains she can't leave the house as she's minding two young children and it's not even her dog. Woman gets all snotty with her, huffs and puffs until she decides her husband shall come get the dog. Asks my Mum to meet him half-way. Half-way of this 5min walk. Mum again explains the whole young kids situation. More huffing and puffing, Husband finally arrives to pick up the dog. Turns out he works from home, let the dog out and just didn't really care when it came back.

Now, I know this isn't quite the same as trying to re-paint a hotel interior with your own arsehole, but it's all I could contribute.

Reminded me of a neighbour whose horse escaped one day, and ran up the road to our house. I stuck a headcollar on her and walked her home. She was no easy horse to handle. Knocking on the neighbour's door while trying to stop this mad yoke knocking me down and running away again, finally one of them sticks their head round the door. "What?" "Uh, your horse?" "Yeah I was wondering where she'd gone. Could you not just have stuck her back in the field?" Shuts door. I wasn't left with any other option but to walk round the back of their house and lock the horse in safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Sadderday

Lad I know through work........ everyday .... giz 20c will ya, giz a euro will ye, giz two euro will ya, short for bus fare...

giz a fag will ya I have none, left my bank card at home.....

you not eating that ?, here giz it, I'll eat it... anything to drink?

at 5pm on a friday... hes in the pub next door .... expecting everyone else to get him through mon morning-friday afternoon

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Alf. A. Male

Reminded me of a neighbour whose horse escaped one day, and ran up the road to our house. I stuck a headcollar on her and walked her home. She was no easy horse to handle. Knocking on the neighbour's door while trying to stop this mad yoke knocking me down and running away again, finally one of them sticks their head round the door. "What?" "Uh, your horse?" "Yeah I was wondering where she'd gone. Could you not just have stuck her back in the field?" Shuts door. I wasn't left with any other option but to walk round the back of their house and lock the horse in safe.

I'd have tied it to the door knocker and left them to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Sadderday wrote: »
    Lad I know through work........ everyday .... giz 20c will ya, giz a euro will ye, giz two euro will ya, short for bus fare...

at 5pm on a friday... hes in the pub next door .... expecting everyone else to get him through mon morning-friday afternoon

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You could just tell him to fcuk off:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Thread title should be "Things you let people get away with..."

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    You could just tell him to fcuk off:D

well yeah, put yer foot down and say no... but he always gets it off someone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Sadderday wrote: »

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The word you're looking for is "no" :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

irish_goat wrote: »
    Thread title should be "Things you let people get away with..."

There's an idea - "how much of a pushover are you?"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    The word you're looking for is "no" :)

That or, "I will in me hole"...but, you know, generally just telling him to fck right off.

as I said,,, I say no....

But theres always someone that will give in.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Idobai

whupdedo wrote: »
    I just hope the next time the original poster puts up a thread like this its not immediately taken over and hijacked by all of mauzos dedicated supporters and followers, get over it fcuk, he sh1t everywhere and for that he must be applauded, because at least mauzo and all her guests will remember what is usually a boring mundane cnut of a day for most of the people

I'll thank you not to get indignant on my behalf. I've not checked into this thread too much since posting, been up the walls with work. I actually found mauzo's tale quite hilarious although I do feel bad for her. I made a thread whinging about a self entitled girl I know, and it grew legs, because of Mauzo. I didn't create a thread to read 35 pages of 'oh no op, your mate sounds terrible'. Relax, if you don't like the thread no one is forcing you to read.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 MeOverHere

Posting anonymously for obvious reasons...

My wife directs a choir for people with a certain disability. The purpose of the choir is both social and therapeutic. They only sing happy, uplifting songs such as Waterloo, I Will Follow Him, Twist and Shout etc.

A fairly well known artist asked if they could get involved and help out. My wife and the CEO of the charity involved said yes.

The choirs was arranging its annual Christmas concert and the artist demanded the right to sing three songs on their own...

Every Breath You Take by the Police
    Seasons in the Sun
    In the Air Tonight by Phil Collins

My wife pointed out that these were wholly inappropriate songs for what was meant to be a fun, uplifting concert.

The artist then went off like a Diva.

"I am an artiste [sic]. I know about art and people respect me for it. People give me large sums of money to see and experience my art. These are not said sad songs, they are uplifting classics that people will happily pay to see me sing"

After a lot of exchanges like this my wife and the charity CEO told the artist to go away. They started hassling individual members and even made a false report to Revenue claiming the charity was corrupt. Eventually they gave up and left the choir alone.

The artist couldn't sing a note.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

MeOverHere wrote: »

My wife directs a choir for people with a certain disability. The purpose of the choir is both social and therapeutic. They only sing happy, uplifting songs such as Waterloo, I Will Follow Him, Twist and Shout etc.

A fairly well known artist asked if they could get involved and help out. My wife and the CEO of the charity involved said yes.

The choirs was arranging its annual Christmas concert and the artist demanded the right to sing three songs on their own...

Every Breath You Take by the Police
    Seasons in the Sun
    In the Air Tonight by Phil Collins

My wife pointed out that these were wholly inappropriate songs for what was meant to be a fun, uplifting concert.

The artist then went off like a Diva.

"I am an artiste [sic]. I know about art and people respect me for it. People give me large sums of money to see and experience my art. These are not said sad songs, they are uplifting classics that people will happily pay to see me sing"

After a lot of exchanges like this my wife and the charity CEO told the artist to go away. They started hassling individual members and even made a false report to Revenue claiming the charity was corrupt. Eventually they gave up and left the choir alone.

The artist couldn't sing a note.
    at least give us a clue??? )(if it's not brian kennedy)

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

at least give us a clue??? )(if it's not brian kennedy)

I lol'ed at that.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Not exactly self-entitlement, but still bad.

I helped a colleague move flat about 4 months ago. It was only a 15-minute drive, but it involved me driving there, hauling stuff down 4 flights of stairs, driving to the new place, up 3 flights of stairs, and then doing that all over again.

At the end she offered (genuinely) to pay for petrol, and also had some small chocolates for me. So that was all fine.

As I was leaving her place for the second time, I noticed a rolled up mat/small carpet, which I didn't remember bringing. She said that the previous occupant had left it for a friend, who would be moving in to an apartment on the same stairwell a few days later.

I asked something like 'so you'll bring it up to her when she arrives?' and she replied, 'she can come and get it if she wants. I'm not bringing it to her.'

I thought it was kind of strange after somebody else has spent a couple of hours carrying stuff around the place for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Upper Middle+ Class, with the "How dare you question me" attitude... pretty prevalent in China, and often violent.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭KH25

I used to work in a leisure centre. I learned a lot about patience and keeping a cool head there. We had a lot of members who felt they were entitled to anything they wanted. But one particular guy comes to mind now.

He once showed up 5 minutes before closing and demanded to be let in to have a shower as he had a wedding to attend an hour later. I said no and pointed out that the centre was closed (nobody was there) and that the facilities had been locked up. He then started having a go at me for being unfair and how he was entitled to use the centre when he wanted to. I said that he was, but not five minutes before closing (there was a rule that members could not enter 30 minutes before closing). He eventually walked off all the while complaining about me.

Another story:

The steam room was kept at a certain temperature at all times. This is largely for health and safety reasons. We had a large amount of older members who liked to have a swim and then sit in the steam room for a few minutes. One day one of the OAP's came up to the desk and told us the steam room was very hot. The temperature controls were in room near the steam room that said 'staff only'.

I had a look and discovered that the temperature had been turned up by about 5-8 degrees. Went back to the manager and it was decided that the room would be locked from now on to be on the safe side. A few days go by until I'm confronted at the desk by the same chap who asks why he can't turn up the temperature of the steam. I said it was against the rules to do so (there was a sign to this effect outside the steam room since the day I started there). He then tells me that it was never a problem before and starts giving out that its too cold for him and that he should be able to turn it up. He kept this up even after I explained that it had to be kept at a set temperature for H&S.

Some people....also, I used that steam room regularly. It was lovely and warm! No idea what the issue was.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Dramatik

Was it Samantha Mumba ???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Worked with a leech who used to scab money for his lunch or a fiver for petrol on Monday or Tuesday or Wednesday but when Thursday came he'd be off to the bank to change his cheque and then spend the afternoon avoiding you. I must have been naive or a soft touch because he latched onto me and always asked me. He did this one Thursday and on Friday I walked straight up to him and asked for the fiver he owed me and he said he didn't have it, I just said it was OK and to forget it. Obviously he knew he could never ask me for money again after that so he went mad asking everyone else for the money to give to me, luckily nobody gave it to him. I never gave him as much as a penny after that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

mauzo! maybe you should contribute to this.......Buzzfeed

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

Dolbert wrote: »

Pat looked like he'd been kicked up the arse

10 fvxkin grand and she sounds like she couldn't give a shtt!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

Sitting in a cafe in the Philippines here, on a lane perpendicular to the beach about a 300m walk. It's raining, not heavily.

Just saw 3 Korean lads mid 20s standing in a luggage trailer/cart each holding an umbrella as an elderly Filipino man pushes them up the lane towards their hotel. Not sure if its self entitled but it certainly ain't right.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Sitting in a cafe in the Philippines here, on a lane perpendicular to the beach about a 300m walk. It's raining, not heavily.

Just saw 3 Korean lads mid 20s standing in a luggage trailer/cart each holding an umbrella as an elderly Filipino man pushes them up the lane towards their hotel. Not sure if its self entitled but it certainly ain't right.

While you sat their and watched this happen, doing nothing, were you drinking tea or coffee? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭snaphook

After I ran the Dublin Marathon two years ago, we went to O'Donoghues on Baggot St for a few pints. I hit the wall big time during the race and was absolutely exhausted. I stayed in the Mespil with my Dad.
    It's a five minute walk from the pub to the hotel.

After leaving I turned around to see the lazy ****er jumping into a TAXI for the 1 minute spin back. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Dramatik wrote: »
    Was it Samantha Mumba ???

Nah, it has to be Twink.................

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭stmol32

......My wife directs a choir for people with a certain disability. The purpose of the choir is both social and therapeutic. They only sing happy, uplifting songs such as Waterloo, I Will Follow Him, Twist and Shout etc.

Am I the only one more curious about the identity of the disability than the "star" (also was it Sinead O'Connor, I bet it was)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

stmol32 wrote: »
    Am I the only one more curious about the identity of the disability than the "star" (also was it Sinead O'Connor, I bet it was)

Sinéad O'Connor can sing. My money's on Linda Martin.

Advertisement