Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE 2K15 Thread

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Grand Moff Tarkin

How do I get out of a submission hold please?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

How do I get out of a submission hold please?

Keep Tapping X on playstation

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Grand Moff Tarkin

Keep Tapping X on playstation

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

This is avilable now for 20 GBP on Amazon - think I might take the plunge - can always trade it in If I dont like it I guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

This is avilable now for 20 GBP on Amazon - think I might take the plunge - can always trade it in If I dont like it I guess

Do it, current gen one is really good in my opinion. Got it at Christmas and have been glued to it. If it's 360 version don't bother

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Do it, current gen one is really good in my opinion. Got it at Christmas and have been glued to it. If it's 360 version don't bother

Think I will always enjoy them for a while anyways - yeah its PS4 for me so might be worth the shot

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Created a move set for my CAW, started a career & some moves changed. That normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

KingJamsie wrote: »
    Created a move set for my CAW, started a career & some moves changed. That normal?

Yes, you have to spend VC to unlock a lot of the moves in career mode.

So if there's anyone who reads these anymore, please post your opinions on the One More Match DLC.

Personally, I found it to be very mediocre with much of the added characters already being in the game with the exception of Edge and Christian. The showcase matches themselves were alright but it wasn't a great enough rivalry. To those who are on the fence, don't buy this DLC.

The Hall of Pain DLC looks to be just as bad with the exception of an unmasked Kane.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Completely forgot I own this game, found the career mode to be a huge disappointment and stopped after gettin out of NXT due to lack of cut scenes. The game doesn't have pick up and play capability like a game like FIFA does.

Commentating is terrible to, a game like this has do much potential but they continuely waste it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭Ridley

Is the online matchmaking by preference the way They do it on other 2K Sports games?

Ridley wrote: »
    Is the online matchmaking by preference the way They do it on other 2K Sports games?

Christ I couldn't tell you, I haven't touched the multiplayer. You thinking of buying it?

Christ I couldn't tell you, I haven't touched the multiplayer. You thinking of buying it?

I own it, just wondering why the online would be the way it is (pick a bunch of superstars you want to play as in what kind of match and we'll pick the closest one while you're in exhibition with no apparent means of disabling the CAWs whose customisation options have been limited anyway).

Game seems to be trying to embrace rasslin' as a sport rather than a TV show. Fine if that's your thang but I'm not the sort who sticks with a specific fighter to learn all the ins and outs of their attributes, y'know?

Love the constant knife twist of getting a guy on the friends list who I'm not on the best of terms with popping up as my NXT rival and giving me abuse on Twitter though. :pac:

I own it, just wondering why the online would be the way it is (pick a bunch of superstars you want to play as in what kind of match and we'll pick the closest one while you're in exhibition with no apparent means of disabling the CAWs whose customisation options have been limited anyway).

Game seems to be trying to embrace rasslin' as a sport rather than a TV show. Fine if that's your thang but I'm not the sort who sticks with a specific fighter to learn all the ins and outs of their attributes, y'know?

Love the constant knife twist of getting a guy on the friends list who I'm not on the best of terms with popping up as my NXT rival and giving me abuse on Twitter though. :pac:

Nobody on my friends list has the game :( have you purchased any DLC?

Nobody on my friends list has the game :( have you purchased any DLC?

Nope. Don't know if I will be this go around if the online set-up doesn't grow on me.

Nope. Don't know if I will be this go around if the online set-up doesn't grow on me.

Well if you are I'd make sure that the Path of The Warrior DLC is the one you buy and not the other two.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Decided to give this another run around having not played it since getting it when it came out. Any tips? Just changing the moves on my wrestler haven't had my first match yet (bar the tryout)

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Decided to give this another run around having not played it since getting it when it came out. Any tips? Just changing the moves on my wrestler haven't had my first match yet (bar the tryout)

The biggest thing is getting used to reversals because once you learn that it's fairly easy. In terms of MyCareer, don't make your guy too good. I wouldn't put his stats anywhere over 75 because it gets way too easy. You get 50K VC for winning a match at certain PPVs.
    If you want to be a heel the best way is by DQing yourself, winning by countout, removing the turnbuckle (you need to purchase the ability). If you want to be a face then just play nice really :D
    Be prepared for very few cutscenes when you make it to Smackdown.
    I couldn't tell you anything about Universe Mode, it just doesn't appeal to me and I really wish they would bring back GM Mode. In terms of exhibition I just try to make entertaining dream matches. There's some nice moves in the DLC move pack
    I hope I helped :)

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

Tempted to pick this game up, havent played a wrestling game in years now. Last game I played must of SDvsRAW 09'

What do you reckon, is it worth picking up on ps4?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Tempted to pick this game up, havent played a wrestling game in years now. Last game I played must of SDvsRAW 09'

What do you reckon, is it worth picking up on ps4?

No it's really not, it gets boring very quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

Might wait until its going for cheap so... Cheers

The 2K Showcase mode is excellent, MyCareer is repetitive but I kinda liked it. Wait till it goes cheap as they said.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Vision of Disorder

Price drop on this in HMV/Xtra-Vision today - €30 on X360/PS3 and €60 on XB1/PS4.

So for does of you that don't know, if you buy WWE 2K15 from certain retailers then you will get the Showcase Season Pass for free! I'm not sure if this applies to Xbox 360 and PS3 as it doesn't mention it on the website.
    More Details & links to retailers: https://wwe.2k.com/index.php/news/single/buy-wwe-2k15-now-get-showcase-season-pass-free

www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7_JcnSr454

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

WWE 2K15 is this week's Deal of the Week on PSN for PS4. Standard game reduced to €34.99, version with Showcase season pass included reduced to €44.99. Hint: Stay away from the more expensive version, the DLC is just thrown together and done quite poorly IMO.

€35 is probably a fair enough price for the game tbh, just don't expect a lot of content.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

martyos121 wrote: »
    WWE 2K15 is this week's Deal of the Week on PSN for PS4. Standard game reduced to €34.99, version with Showcase season pass included reduced to €44.99. Hint: Stay away from the more expensive version, the DLC is just thrown together and done quite poorly IMO.

€35 is probably a fair enough price for the game tbh, just don't expect a lot of content.

I think the final DLC Showcase pack will make up for the average ones we've got so far:

2K Showcase: Path of the Warrior

Story focused on the career of WWE Hall of Famer Ultimate Warrior;
    Playable WWE Hall of Famers: Ultimate Warrior (1989-1996), Hulk Hogan (1990), Andre the Giant (1988) and Sgt. Slaughter (1991);
    Playable WWE Legends: Honky Tonk Man (1988), Rick Rude (1990), Macho King (1991) and Colonel Mustafa (1991);
    Playable WWE Superstars: Undertaker® (1991) and Hunter Hearst Helmsley® (1996);
    Access to WWE Hall of Fame ring announcer Howard Finkel and WWE managers Jimmy Hart, Bobby Heenan, Paul Bearer, Sherri, Sid Justice and General Adnan;
    Playable arenas: WrestleMania VI, VII and XII; SummerSlam® (1988, 1990 and 1991); Saturday Night’s Main Event® XXIV and Madison Square Garden®;

• Registered Users Posts: 14,842 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

So for does of you that don't know, if you buy WWE 2K15 from certain retailers then you will get the Showcase Season Pass for free! I'm not sure if this applies to Xbox 360 and PS3 as it doesn't mention it on the website.
    More Details & links to retailers: https://wwe.2k.com/index.php/news/single/buy-wwe-2k15-now-get-showcase-season-pass-free
    Any EU retailers doing this?

ShaneU wrote: »
    Any EU retailers doing this?

I don't think so, sorry Shane.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

You can also buy the version with the free showcase season pass from the PSN store online for 45 Euro. Takes the guts of a day to download though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Is the game worth it at the PS4 online prices? 35 is the basic, 45 is the showcase & 50 is everything. The last wwe game I put time into was 12, Universe mode in 13 had gone backwards and I didn't bother with last year's. If it was a physical copy I'd give it a go and trade it in but obviously can't do that with a download.

Advertisement