Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE 2K15 Thread

Options
  • 06-06-2014 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭

With rumours abound that 2K may be showcasing WWE 2K15 at this year's E3, maybe it's time to get the thread going for this year's game.

2K15 is set to debut on the Next Gen consoles for the first time this year. Some of the rumours about game modes so far include a revamped career mode, similar to NBA 2014, where you create a character, start from the bottom in NXT and work your way to Raw, Smackdown and the Main Event of Wrestlemania.

I'm genuinely hoping there's more of a 2K stamp on this game, and they don't just carry over the same tired game engine they've used since the PS2 era. Here's hoping this is an innovative title, that uses the next gen resources available on the ps4 /xbone to create realistic and satisfying game play.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Not got the last two, but with it coming out on next gen, and the fact there's a lot of people I'll want to play as (Bryan, Shield, a few NXTers), I think I'll probably delve back into the world of WWE Gaming :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,984 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Bout time they implemented that career mode. Not a fan of their gimmick modes like wrestlemania matches or attitude era.

No excuses now, brand new shiny consoles to create a good game on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Unless they delay it into 2015 (which will never happen), it's still gonna be quite similar. Small to moderate changes at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Yeah their first dip into next gen consoles is gonna be quite similar and 'play it safe' to previous years! Id say next years game will be the first one where we see a marked difference! (hope i am wrong though)

What's the bets that the pre order bonus this year will be Sting - alá Warrior and Tyson in previous years!?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Yeah their first dip into next gen consoles is gonna be quite similar and 'play it safe' to previous years! Id say next years game will be the first one where we see a marked difference! (hope i am wrong though)

What's the bets that the pre order bonus this year will be Sting - alá Warrior and Tyson in previous years!?

Ive seen that mentioned, and Goldberg also. There is a Sting DVD comimg out soon too from WWE, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

As far as I know this version is on both old/new generations. If so it'll be the same ol engine with mostly only cosmetic changes. Won't be getting a new engine until it's exclusively on next-gen.

Would love it to be along the lines of what Wrestling Revolution does. There are 5 or 6 Federations to wrestle for. You start in wrestling school and then can move to a federation. Those federations also compete. You can be sacked, get injured or even die. :eek:

Wrestle in the UK Japan Mexico, Canada or the US. You build relationships, your feuds are more distinguishable then what 2K does in its Career mode. You can be poached from one fed to another.

Sadly this will never happen as wrestling doesnt exist outside of WWE for 2k sports :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sirsok

I bought 2k14 after lots of thought and played it twice, Xbox gave up on me, boring game to play....was really really lookin forward to this aswell as FIFA 15. Really hoping a significant jump up from previous standards. Also why is it I can continutely play FIFA for hours on end and not get bored but 3 games of wwe and it's off!

Sirsok wrote: »
    I bought 2k14 after lots of thought and played it twice, Xbox gave up on me, boring game to play....was really really lookin forward to this aswell as FIFA 15. Really hoping a significant jump up from previous standards. Also why is it I can continutely play FIFA for hours on end and not get bored but 3 games of wwe and it's off!
    it's because you've been playing the same game all these years. Despite Predator technology, Predator 2.0 and all that jazz, it's exactly the same game. And if anything, the graphics have gotten worse as time has gone on.

Character likenesses have fallen by the way side big time

If you have a smart phone try wrestling revolution. It looks a little corny but is leaps and bounds ahead of any WWE game. Every career you have is different.

my latest career i signed with a fed i Mexico after 2 matches in wrestling school. Upon my second match i was in a 3 way for the world title !! Never happens that early. During the match i was injured bad when thrown outside through a table. I was then pinned and lost. Then began my 9 weeks out due to injury. 5 weeks in Eric Bischoff tells me i have to wrestle or i will be sacked. I literally crawl to the ring to face Psycosis. Be beats me in a matter of seconds.

The next week i am booked to face Vampiro. Again injured i fall and crawl to the ring. Vampiro carry's a table to the ring in his entrance. Match starts and Vampiro jumps on me picks me up. I somehow reverse it into a backdrop and slam him through his table and beat him in 5 seconds.

Couole more weeks off when the Hardy Boys and Lita ask me to join their stable. Which i do.
    Upon my return i am booked against Greg Valentine, the guy who injured me in the first place. I beat him with the help of Lita and the Hardy boys. Valentine then recruits Vampiro and Demolition and form a new stable.

Both stable go into a month long feud. Finally a tag match is booked in a looser leaves town match. Demolition vs me and Lita. Myself and Lita defeat Demolition who then leave the fed.

After this i am confronted by Matt Hardy who wants 10 grand from me as he feels he should be paid for being in my corner. I say now and he leaves the stable. I am then booked to face the cruiser weight Champ Sin Cara. But had to do a tribute show for the Sandman who recently passed away in his hotel room. We take on All American Wrestling in a 4 V 4 Survivor match against Vince McMahon's team. We win that match which then boosts us ahead of them in the ratings.

i then face Sin Cara for the title. All is going well until an Angry John Cena invades from All American Wrestling and attacks me. I survive the F5 and continue the match. Just as i have the upper hand and about to hit my finisher. Mat hardy comes in and gives me the twist of faith. Sin Cara pins me and i am still without a title.

That is my career so far.

Sorry for the horrendous spelling, i typed that on my phone, i have big fingers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,984 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Unless they delay it into 2015 (which will never happen), it's still gonna be quite similar. Small to moderate changes at best.

Well I was hoping that because they skipped 2014 for next gen, it meant that the 2015 version would have been in development for quite sometime instead of being a ps3/360 port with nicer graphics

• Registered Users Posts: 22,039 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Would love it to be along the lines of what Wrestling Revolution does. There are 5 or 6 Federations to wrestle for. You start in wrestling school and then can move to a federation. Those federations also compete. You can be sacked, get injured or even die. :eek:

Wrestle in the UK Japan Mexico, Canada or the US. You build relationships, your feuds are more distinguishable then what 2K does in its Career mode. You can be poached from one fed to another.

Sadly this will never happen as wrestling doesnt exist outside of WWE for 2k sports :(

Well of course it would never happen on a console as you could never get all the federations to agree on it.

Closest we ever came to that was legends of wrestling

Is that game Android Only?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,013 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Reckon I will invest in this, if for nothing else than a FIFAesque game for when the lads are over

• Registered Users Posts: 22,039 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Nah it's also on the App Store

Reckon I'll get wrestling revolution for laptop, don't like playin games on my phone at all!!!

I don't see with all the deals wwe have why they couldn't make the most ultimate roster ever, give us some really really obscure characters (Steve Blackman at least)....

The game doesn't flow that freely and ai sucks, everything seems to clunky, would love a quick free flowing game where everything can be interacted with and not have to go to cut scenes .

The commentary my god does that have to change, the tempo and intensity of it needs to raise as the match goes on.

Also would be nice that matches need to reach stars as oppose to just winning, like in career if your in a ppv, you'll need to have a 4 star match so that involves incoperating different aspects to keep the crowd happy, if you don't keep them happy you'll lose your place on the card.

I don't see with all the deals wwe have why they couldn't make the most ultimate roster ever, give us some really really obscure characters (Steve Blackman at least)....

They'd have to pay, to continue the example, Blackman to use his image. He'd get royalties for each game sold.

So you have to weigh up...does adding Blackman to the game lead to a greater number of people to offset another person being paid from the profits?

The reality is that a larger roster probably wouldn't increase the size of the buying audience to an extent where it's worth it as a financial venture :(

They'd have to pay, to continue the example, Blackman to use his image. He'd get royalties for each game sold.

So you have to weigh up...does adding Blackman to the game lead to a greater number of people to offset another person being paid from the profits?

The reality is that a larger roster probably wouldn't increase the size of the buying audience to an extent where it's worth it as a financial venture :(

Oh I 100% understand that but would that not be the same with all sports games? Would the footballers in FIFA not be paid for using their name and likeness? Considering the large amount of them the cost would be quite substantial ( maybe offset by the amount of copies sold which I'd imagine is larger then wwe games) .

Reckon I'll get wrestling revolution for laptop, don't like playin games on my phone at all!!!

The game doesn't flow that freely and ai sucks, everything seems to clunky, would love a quick free flowing game where everything can be interacted with and not have to go to cut scenes .

The commentary my god does that have to change, the tempo and intensity of it needs to raise as the match goes on.

Also would be nice that matches need to reach stars as oppose to just winning, like in career if your in a ppv, you'll need to have a 4 star match so that involves incoperating different aspects to keep the crowd happy, if you don't keep them happy you'll lose your place on the card.

I 100% agree about the commentary. If they dropped it entirely, it'd be great. HCTP was one of the best WWE games ever, but it had no commentary. At all.

But, they market it as a wrestling simulation game. Even though the game play sucks, and every match is the same. Theres no challenge with these games at all, and the hardest setting just results in every single thing being reversed.

How is it Power Pro managed to get the flow of a match down on the SNES generation, yet even now, WWE games can't get it right!

Oh I 100% understand that but would that not be the same with all sports games? Would the footballers in FIFA not be paid for using their name and likeness? Considering the large amount of them the cost would be quite substantial ( maybe offset by the amount of copies sold which I'd imagine is larger then wwe games) .

I think that Fifa, the leagues and the clubs actually already own the image rights of most footballers or something; that the game makers pay them to get the image rights, rather than the 1000s of individuals....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

gerrybbadd wrote: »

But, they market it as a wrestling simulation game. Even though the game play sucks, and every match is the same. Theres no challenge with these games at all, and the hardest setting just results in every single thing being reversed.

I can't understand what it is they try to make the games these days. Are they going for a sports sim kinda thing? I tried playing the last few games but they're just too annoying and no fun. Get the feeling with all this "recreate historical moments" crap that they try to make it too much like watching old DVDs.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,013 ✭✭✭✭CSF

A realistic career mode is the key to success IMO.

What would people like to see out of the game? Roster wise I would love an expansive one, Wwe, NXT, WCW, ECW, attitude stars and some older generation ones, I mean with exception of NXT many of these aspects have all ready being included. I'm also annoyed that they consider older versions of wrestlers as extra characters, they should be considered as one in which you can toggle between. Don't say it's one of the biggest rosters yet, but have Triple H included 3 times!

Universe mode is great in theory but really really needs to be expanded. Older elements of Gm mode incorporated into it would be fantastic, make the cut scenes more random, more surprises. that game that wa. Stated to have Heyman writing the universe mode was a crock of poo, nothing happened in it!

Career mode needs to be brought back with a vengeance but I fail to see with the power of the next gen why they can't include a attitude era mode or Wrestlemania mode type aswell. Maybe Monday night wars etc....

I was happy when 2k took over, judging by NBA on ps4, I am expecting big big things. Most of all I just want a fun game that I can pick up and play. Universe mode should be as fun as a career in FIFA

And surely at this stage they should have the computing power to include 10 - 12 guys in the ring at once. The multiple versions of different wrestlers is very annoying, as pointed out above.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

They should never put it back above 6 in the ring in my opinion, but they seriously need to bring back the option of triple tag team matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I downloaded that Wrestling Revolution game there and been playing it for a bit and it seems totally random or something , Very hard to play on a keyboard tried on my phone too...but I don't know seems very hit and miss,

I did however like that my character turned into an Alcoholic pretty much after his 1st match

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

WWE 2K14 was such a meh wrestling game and you could tell THQ were going to go out of business with that game. 30 years of WrestleMania mode was far too linear and you could complete it within a week and there was no replay value after playing 30 years of WrestleMania. It was a game that you would not buy at full price or just rent it out for a week from Xtravision.

Sadly, buying the latest WWE game each year is like tradition for me that I can never break similar to why people buy COD each year because it is biggest FPS franchise out there and everyone is going to be talking about it.

What I expect from WWE 2K15 is to have a superb graphics engine on PS4/Xbone, just look at NBA 2K14 it is best looking game on current gen consoles (PS4/Xbone) and to have a story mode that is not linear like last year going back to the roots of HCIP, SYM or DOR in terms of story mode, much bigger roster since they have the capacity on the disc and be able to have more wrestlers on screen during matches such as Royal Rumble or even have a 8-man tag team match as well.

Iphone and Android, its great fun to be honest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KDn4jEcqBI

you can even use your MP3s as entrance music. Its also free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

PWInsider reckons so

http://www.pwinsider.com//article/86180/stingwwe-update.html?p=1
    Casting agencies released breakdowns today seeking Sting lookalikes for a WWE production.

The breakdown included a listing for a Sting body double, age 38-50, who is, "6'2, 250lb of pure muscle. Prefer a guy with wrestling experience, very fit. HEAVILY muscular. Slightly longer dark hair. Will have a full face of make up on. paying a higher rate as we need a GREAT double for this."

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »
    A realistic career mode is the key to success IMO.

Thats were its going to be hard for WWE, as its just a career mode in one company :(

Advertisement