Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB 4.0 - Banter rebooted!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Adiboo wrote: »
    It wasn't that bad :P

**** you ya maschosit!! I'm actually back under the gun at dark raptor on the 15th of next month XD

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Viva La Gloria

dinorebel wrote: »
    Had a Mandrill done on my inner arm 7 hours of hell looks cool though.
    Armpit is 0 fun

Worth it...eventually. Actually, afterwards I sort of felt like I did have muscles, it was so swollen :cool:

Worth it...eventually. Actually, afterwards I sort of felt like I did have muscles, it was so swollen :cool:

Yeah my arm ballooned up when i was blacking it out, weirdly its hard to see any muscle now as there is.....well no muscle :(

spent a few hours under the gun with robert yesterday :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Going for a second consultation with Fran in Skin City on the 2nd of July with a view to do a simple alteration to my design- want to have him freehand some lily flowers to act as a kind of border and break up the otherwise rather overt amount of black on the hair of my picture. Hopefully shouldn't be too expensive. I've got just over €300+ saved up and I'm raring to go under the needle at the first available opportunity. Quick question: How much does Skin City normally expect as a deposit to secure an appointment? Granted, I could just find this out at my consultation but damn it all, I'm impatient and eager to get the ball rolling!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

McChubbin wrote: »
    Going for a second consultation with Fran in Skin City on the 2nd of July with a view to do a simple alteration to my design- want to have him freehand some lily flowers to act as a kind of border and break up the otherwise rather overt amount of black on the hair of my picture. Hopefully shouldn't be too expensive. I've got just over €300+ saved up and I'm raring to go under the needle at the first available opportunity. Quick question: How much does Skin City normally expect as a deposit to secure an appointment? Granted, I could just find this out at my consultation but damn it all, I'm impatient and eager to get the ball rolling!

Last time I was in there the minimum charge was 80, so I'd assume that would suffice as a deposit.

Last time I was in there the minimum charge was 80, so I'd assume that would suffice as a deposit.
    Grand! Cheers for the advice!

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭jimmy180sx

Thinking about going to the Midleton show and just doing a walk up if anyone is available. My first time going to it actually.

A guy I know is a tattoo artist and I'm always bending his ear with my indecision. So we had a bit of a dry run. Using water instead of ink he made a little mark on my inner forearm. By jaysus it hurt. I could only bear a few seconds.

Surely to God I'm not the only person to feel it so how do you tolerate? Grit your teeth? Take magic medicine?

I don't be a pansy, find that helps

• Advertisement

I don't be a pansy, find that helps

What if you are one big gigantic pansy? Do you have any tips for a little pansy like me?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Grit your teeth?

This, really. If you're particularly struggling with any particular part, you can always ask for a brief break.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,600 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Tattoos dont hurt!!!!

Only that little tiny bit on the inside of your upper arm near the pit..

Oh and I hear the ribs hurt a small bit.

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Tattoos dont hurt!!!!

Only that little tiny bit on the inside of your upper arm near the pit..

Oh and I hear the ribs hurt a small bit.

I feel like my dream is over thanks to being such a little pussy. It was a bad idea to let my friend try it out. Ignorance certainly is bliss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

I feel like my dream is over thanks to being such a little pussy. It was a bad idea to let my friend try it out. Ignorance certainly is bliss.

Tbh once you get over the shock of the first few breaks of the skin, it's fine. Kinda goes numb after like 5 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

That'd be the endorphins, for those lucky enough to get them! I don't. :(

I find that the anticipation of pain is worse than the actual pain itself.
    Lord knows I was utterly bricking it in the waiting room when I was due to get my first. I had psyched myself up so much that I was literally shaking with nerves but I had the appointment booked and I'm glad to say I went ahead with it. Being a glutton for punishment, I went with a wrist tattoo for my first.
    It actually wasn't too bad but I do recall shedding a few tears of pain when he ran the needle over the main vein. Ouch.
    Still, everyone is different in regards to pain.
    A nine for one person could be a two for another and a solid ten for yet another.
    I found the key to managing the pain is to distract yourself. I got through my last one by talking to my artist and fair play to him, he kept me entertained with stories of being a touring heavy metal roadie/tattoo artist throughout Sweden and Africa. (Barry Jackson from Swords Ink if anyone's wondering. Not sure if he still works there, though...)
    Also, never underestimate the power of endorphens. The first 5 minutes are not pleasant but once they kick in and the adrenaline starts flowing, it's not so bad.
    Honestly, I'd rather get a tattoo than have a tooth extracted!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,600 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

That thread in AH is annoying me.

A tattoo thread in AH?? It's like they are shining the batsignal for me!

Good news, everyone! </Professor Farnsworth voice>
    I'm officially booked in with Fran in Skin City Ink to get inked on the 16th of this month!
    Can't wait! I'm like a small child on Christmas Eve with all this excited/nervous energy. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭osaurus

Tumbleweed. So... yeah whats shakin people

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

McChubbin wrote: »
    Good news, everyone! </Professor Farnsworth voice>
    I'm officially booked in with Fran in Skin City Ink to get inked on the 16th of this month!
    Can't wait! I'm like a small child on Christmas Eve with all this excited/nervous energy. :D

Booked in next Tuesday to get my maori sleeve finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Whole year of just trimming it and getting it styled and I took the plunge last night and well I'm upset.
    image_zpsfyhlgx5m.jpg

Whole year of just trimming it and getting it styled and I took the plunge last night and well I'm upset.
    image_zpsfyhlgx5m.jpg
    Well, aren't you just dashing? :D
    Don't worry too much about your lack of a beard- sure, it should by all means grow back in time!

Saturday can't come fast enough for me. Soon. SOON.
    65611285.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

What are you getting done McC?

What are you getting done McC?
    Getting a half-sleeve of my own design (as posted here a while ago)
    mixed with freehanded lily flowers, all done by Fran from Skin City Ink. I'm both excited and nervous, though the last time I spoke to him, Fran reasured me and said that the forearm is not too bad pain-wise.
    Nonetheless, I've purchased some big bottles of Lucazade to steel my energy levels during the 3+ hours it will take and now all I need to do is get a fresh tube of Bepanthen. Then, I wait. Really looking forward to it! I'm getting inked at noon on Saturday and the day can't come quickly enough! :D

Aw deadly, I love it! :)

Bepanthen, eh? That good? I've been using Tattoo Goo but I have loads of Bepanthen lying around, may as well use it up! :)

So maybe a week in and my tattoo is slightly sore, slightly peeling and very slight scabbing. That's all normal, right? It hardly bled at all getting it done and there's no ooziness and very little redness.

I'm not looking for medical advice ... seeing my GP anyways tomorrow so I'll get him to have a quick look at it, I'm just afraid he won't be familiar with tattoos and will thing the peeling is a sign of infection! The tattooist did mention to me to expect all of the above, I'm just a worrier! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

So maybe a week in and my tattoo is slightly sore, slightly peeling and very slight scabbing. That's all normal, right? It hardly bled at all getting it done and there's no ooziness and very little redness.

I'm not looking for medical advice ... seeing my GP anyways tomorrow so I'll get him to have a quick look at it, I'm just afraid he won't be familiar with tattoos and will thing the peeling is a sign of infection! The tattooist did mention to me to expect all of the above, I'm just a worrier! :o

Sounds fairly grand, maybe apply bepanthen/tattoo goo (whichever you choose) more frequently though. I applied bepanthen or Johnson's baby lotion very frequently and never had peeling or scabbing on any of mine as a result, just rotten sore bruising :pac:

• Advertisement

Aw deadly, I love it! :)

Bepanthen, eh? That good? I've been using Tattoo Goo but I have loads of Bepanthen lying around, may as well use it up! :)

Both guys who did my current two tattoos have recommended Bepanthen nappy rash ointment for freshly made ink. I swear by it. I generally slather it on abut twice a day and to date, I've never had any issue with itchiness or scabbing.
    I'd also recommend this stuff for moisturizing when the skin is more or less healed up. No perfumes or irritants and because it's a spray on moisturizer, it can easily reach those more hard-to-reach areas.
    I love it.

Never used Tattoo Goo, though. Any good?

Advertisement