Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB 4.0 - Banter rebooted!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

jenizzle wrote: »
    Booked in to get tattooed by David Cote at the end of October. No idea what, or where. Like that matters :D

my FACE!

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Viva La Gloria

He's 22??!

His stuff is so good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

One of my friends got a tattoo apprenticeship. She has a real graffiti/street art kind of style so it will be interesting to see how it develops as she gradually moves from drawing on paper to the eventual goal of using skin as a canvas. Still, only delighted for her! :D
    Also, my mom got inked recently! She'd been talking about getting a tattoo for her 50th birthday but never got around to it due to a combination of lack of funds and nerve.
    Anyways, about 3 weeks ago, she finally decided "**** it, I'm not getting any younger!" and got 3 lovely colourful butterflies on her right shoulder blade. I went with her to the studio and was watching to see if she'd wince, jump or flinch when the needle hit her skin.
    Nope- she sat like a ****ing trooper and even turned to me at the halfway point and said "I want another one!" :D
    Yup, tattoos are definitely like Pringles- you can never have just one.
    I'm hoping to get my third one before Christmas. Just a matter of funding at this point.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

my FACE!

Tempted, as I am...
    He's 22??!

His stuff is so good!

Yeah it's crackin'! I've been following his stuff for aaaaages now so I was delighted when I found out he was working here for the weekend.

This will be my 6th tattoo. It's completely knocking my tattoo map out of shape :D

Yeah it's crackin'! I've been following his stuff for aaaaages now so I was delighted when I found out he was working here for the weekend.

This will be my 6th tattoo. It's completely knocking my tattoo map out of shape :D

I feel like I just want one from now now for the sake of having a deadly, colourful tattoo :P

• Advertisement

Tempted, as I am...

be more tempted!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

Booked in to get tattooed by David Cote at the end of October. No idea what, or where. Like that matters :D

Good job, I like his work. Regardless of what you get, its gonna look sweet. where is he guesting?

think it's Dublin Ink.

Sam Hain wrote: »
    Good job, I like his work. Regardless of what you get, its gonna look sweet. where is he guesting?

Exactly - I've not seen anything of his that I don't like tbh. I've a few weeks to decide a location - design could be something I suggested or just from his flash. Sher what's the worst that could happen?! :D

He's in Dublin Ink, yep. There's a few artists over this way over the coming weeks, think a lot of them are over for the London Tattoo Convention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

He's in Dublin Ink, yep. There's a few artists over this way over the coming weeks, think a lot of them are over for the London Tattoo Convention.

I'm literally sitting in Gatwick airport right now on my way back from a session with Victor Portugal at said convention, the standard at it is amazing, absolutely top tier, who else have Dublin Ink got coming?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭joey100

Booked in with Darren in Colourworks for some work on my stomach on Friday, been around 4 years since my last tattoo and not looking forward to the pain, on the plus side though it is a day off work!

Woohoo! Tattoo daaaay :D

Random question: What are some distinctly Irish treats I can possibly send to a friend in 'Murica? I'm putting together a Xmas package for my penpals and I've got the basics down- variety bag of Tayto, Butler's chocolates and a box of Lyon's tea bags- but I'm open to suggestion. Reason I'm asking now is that I want to get it in the post before the Xmas rush starts and I'm giving myself a few weeks to get everything together. Obviously, I can't ship liquids so sending bottles of Buckfast is out of the question. (As is Kinder Eggs, strangely enough)

McChubbin wrote: »
    Random question: What are some distinctly Irish treats I can possibly send to a friend in 'Murica? I'm putting together a Xmas package for my penpals and I've got the basics down- variety bag of Tayto, Butler's chocolates and a box of Lyon's tea bags- but I'm open to suggestion. Reason I'm asking now is that I want to get it in the post before the Xmas rush starts and I'm giving myself a few weeks to get everything together. Obviously, I can't ship liquids so sending bottles of Buckfast is out of the question. (As is Kinder Eggs, strangely enough)

Get them some Pink Snack bars, as they're meant to be going apparently (or maybe they already have?)

Those Milky Moo mints

Kimberly Mikado biccies!

Small tin of Bachelors beans

Get them some Pink Snack bars, as they're meant to be going apparently (or maybe they already have?)

Those Milky Moo mints

Kimberly Mikado biccies!

Snack bars are still on sale in my college anyway

They're the most inferior snack bar in my opinion, so I never even noticed whether they were still available or not :P

They're the most inferior snack bar in my opinion, so I never even noticed whether they were still available or not :P

it must be tough being so wrong so long

Those Milky Moo mints

Kimberly Mikado biccies!

Sound! Thanks, Viva! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Mars bars and milky ways. Cause their milky way is the same as a Mars bar.

Plus American chocolate is gack so they could use something decent.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yeah, and I think what we know as a Milky Way is called a 3 Musketeers bar over there.

• Advertisement

it must be tough being so wrong so long

B24xuGBIcAAhED8.png:large

B24xuGBIcAAhED8.png:large

nom nom nom

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

The yellow snack is the best one...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Star Lord wrote: »
    The yellow snack is the best one...

Like vaseline is best for tattoo aftercare.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

My vote goes to purple, yellow in second, and pink last.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I'd be yellow snack, purple snack, most other things, pink snack.

It's the pink snack they're meant to be discontinuing, as is only sold here, and they were moving the wafer production to Poland I think...

Those Milky Moo mints

Kimberly Mikado biccies!

I'd be disappointed with those items, Milky moos are not the same anymore they have gone downhill big time. Mikados are OK, the vagina of the biscuit world. And beans, you can get any sort of bean you want in America, most of which would put Bachelors in the shade.

I'd be disappointed with those items, Milky moos are not the same anymore they have gone downhill big time. Mikados are OK, the vagina of the biscuit world. And beans, you can get any sort of bean you want in America, most of which would put Bachelors in the shade.

But was the point not to be sending over specifically Irish branded foods?

But was the point not to be sending over specifically Irish branded foods?
    but Bachelors, is that really a thing with like rashers, taytos, lucozade and teabags etc that only have crap versions in America.

• Advertisement

but Bachelors, is that really a thing with like rashers, taytos, lucozade and teabags etc that only have crap versions in America.

also dairmilk brand is supplied by hersheys over there and they use cheaper cocoa or something so tastes not as good as irish choc

Advertisement