Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB 4.0 - Banter rebooted!

Options

Comments

Whole year of just trimming it and getting it styled and I took

Oh! Don't you look lovely :)

Look what I found! It's very pretty I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Hellrazer recommended Johnson's baby lotion to some of us aaaaaages ago, because bepanthen contains lanolin or something, which skin can commonly react to.

The baby lotion has to be applied much more frequently but since his suggestion of using it, I found it much better than bepanthen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

Johnsons products flare my psoriasis right up, even when I'm only giving my son a bath in them. :( Apparently they're a common enough irritant for skin conditions.

I've stuff called Emulsifying Ointment I use for psoriasis that I might switch to when I run out of the Tattoo Goo, seems to be quite a similar texture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

Hmmm link re. the Bepanthen.
    http://afterinked.co.uk/tattoo-aftercare/bepanthen-why-you-should-not-use-it-for-tattoo-after-care/

And I read on another site that the emulsifying ointment is too thick and would smother the tissue or something. So I'll guess I'll stick with the Goo!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Really getting the itch to get something new tattooed on me. Was supposed to get a Mewtwo done by my tattooing friend who was moving to Canada, but she was so busy getting ready to go that she didn't have time to do it :(

• Advertisement

Hmmm link re. the Bepanthen.
    http://afterinked.co.uk/tattoo-aftercare/bepanthen-why-you-should-not-use-it-for-tattoo-after-care/

And I read on another site that the emulsifying ointment is too thick and would smother the tissue or something. So I'll guess I'll stick with the Goo!

I was about to post saying that about the emulsifying ointment. It's much too thick, the tattoo needs to breathe to heal.

If you have enough tattoo goo to see you through the healing process, stick with it, but if you run out and you react to Johnson's, then bepanthen is really your best bet, despite criticism of it online. pretty much every healing method has criticism online!

Angron wrote: »
    Really getting the itch to get something new tattooed on me. Was supposed to get a Mewtwo done by my tattooing friend who was moving to Canada, but she was so busy getting ready to go that she didn't have time to do it :(

Ah crap. :( why not save up and find an artist here in Ireland? Or visit your friend :p

I've been planning to get my wee lizard covered up by Sean Kealy cause he's a friend and I genuinely love his work. But, as soon as I started saving, I lost my job. then I started college and saving again, but now I've been gifted a trip to London and Southampton in September, so savings have to go towards that. I'll get the bloody thing done eventually :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Ah crap. :( why not save up and find an artist here in Ireland? Or visit your friend :p

I've been planning to get my wee lizard covered up by Sean Kealy cause he's a friend and I genuinely love his work. But, as soon as I started saving, I lost my job. then I started college and saving again, but now I've been gifted a trip to London and Southampton in September, so savings have to go towards that. I'll get the bloody thing done eventually :pac:

I would have, but I'd been saving up for a trip to London that I had last weekend :pac: I might see what's the story up in Galway for tattoos, I just wanted it to be my friend cause she's the one who did my other Pokémon tattoos. Getting a tattoo in Ireland would be significantly cheaper, if less interesting than travelling to Vancouver to get one done by a friend :P

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Nice lad Sean! What's he going to do for ya?

Angron I've told ta before, you're more a Mew man... ;):p :pac:

Star Lord wrote: »
    Nice lad Sean! What's he going to do for ya?

Angron I've told ta before, you're more a Mew man... ;):p :pac:

I want a design incorporating colourful hibiscus flowers because I fell in love with them in the Seychelles :o when I've saved up, I'll get him over for drinks and make him draw something up for me because I'm very agreeable when drunk :pac:

• Advertisement

Sounds like a solid plan to me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

I used Bepanthen on my legs because that was pretty much the thing to do 8-10 years ago and it was easy enough to wear shorts around the house. Once I started the top half though I found it way too thick, especially when wearing a shirt in work. Just horrible and clumpy. Switched to using Aveeno Daily Moisturising Lotion for maybe the last 30 hours or so of tattoos and found it very good. Seems to be absorbed fairly quickly but doesn't dry out if that makes sense. Goes on thinly as well so it's very easy to reapply.
    Completely my opinion though, it just works best for me with work etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Funny about Bepanthen. I never had any problems with it and my skin can be very sensitive sometimes.
    Still, I've had no issues with it so I'll start as I mean to continue. I find leaving the tube near a radiator helps with thinning out the ointment.
    I woke up today in a panic thinking it was Saturday and I'd overslept my appointment but nope- just a few more hours to go.
    I literally feel like a kid at Christmas- hurry the **** up Saturday! I wants me inks! :D

Quick question: I expected to get a bit of bruising on the tattoo, all things considered, but I'm still a bit alarmed at the fact that parts of my skin mainly around the bulk of the hair and particularly at the tips of the strand have gone an unflattering shade of jaudiced yellow, the colour of the beginnings of a bruise. I'm known for bruising like a peach at the best of times. Any tips/advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

McChubbin wrote: »
    Quick question: I expected to get a bit of bruising on the tattoo, all things considered, but I'm still a bit alarmed at the fact that parts of my skin mainly around the bulk of the hair and particularly at the tips of the strand have gone an unflattering shade of jaudiced yellow, the colour of the beginnings of a bruise. I'm known for bruising like a peach at the best of times. Any tips/advice?

Wait. You've had a needle poked in to you literally thousands of time. Your skin has been through trauma and your body is acting accordingly.

Adiboo wrote: »
    Wait. You've had a needle poked in to you literally thousands of time. Your skin has been through trauma and your body is acting accordingly.

This.

You've had your skin burst open over and over and over. Bruising is the least that can happen. Ignore it and it'll go away in a few days.

No worries, folks. Just wanted to run it by you guys. I've never had this happen to me before after getting inked but considering that my most recent one is the biggest one I have to date, I guess it's to be expected. No bother.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I forgot how much foot tattoos suck :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Yeah sure when I got the inside of my arm coloured I developed a bruise extending about 4-5 inches down my arm, from where the tattoo finished! It'll go away in its own time, as bruises tend to do :p

Also hello everyone :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,600 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Got my day of the dead sleeve started..just outline so far...6 hours of outlining was tough to be honest.

Will post pics when I get a few decent ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

7 hours booked for next month. Someone assure me the inner bicep isn't as bad as inner elbow, please?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,600 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

7 hours booked for next month. Someone assure me the inner bicep isn't as bad as inner elbow, please?

Its a fooking killer.And ive scar tissue on mine from a burn when I was one..now that hurt!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Its a fooking killer.And ive scar tissue on mine from a burn when I was one..now that hurt!!!

its grand

its grand

But youre not human!!!

its grand

Cmon now--Where was the worst pain for you in all the ink you have. There has to be somewhere you might have muttered a small "ouch"

Personally it was either my wrist--right on that bony part or else the inner bicep right where it meets your armpit.

Other than that Im fairly ok with anywhere really.

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Cmon now--Where was the worst pain for you in all the ink you have. There has to be somewhere you might have muttered a small "ouch"

Personally it was either my wrist--right on that bony part or else the inner bicep right where it meets your armpit.

Other than that Im fairly ok with anywhere really.

Inner thigh the new oidin piece, that was a right robert im shutting up for this tattoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

Worst for me was 3 hours on my lower stomach(below the belly button) or back of the knees......kneecaps weren't much fun either. Raze is right about the inner thigh as well, not pleasant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Palms. Hands down the worst.

Adiboo wrote: »
    Palms. Hands down the worst.

hands up the worst?

• Advertisement

So this article popped up on my Facebook feed. Any thoughts, folks? I'm a bit skeptical but at the same time, intrigued. I have two small pots of the stuff in my fridge that haven't even been opened yet so I might give it a go and get back to ye.

Advertisement