Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB 4.0 - Banter rebooted!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'd say blackcurrants, but that might actually wind up breaking some laws, like sending a Kinder egg over would.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

also dairmilk brand is supplied by hersheys over there and they use cheaper cocoa or something so tastes not as good as irish choc

Yeah, its not good, found it hard to find any chocolate I really liked when I lived over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

But was the point not to be sending over specifically Irish branded foods?

Maybe I was a tad harsh. They were good suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Viva La Gloria

Sam Hain wrote: »
    Maybe I was a tad harsh. They were good suggestions.

You're grand! Sure I prefer Yorkshire Tea over Barry's anyway so I'm not one for lovin' all the Irish brands :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

So Fiona, How did your flame princess costume go down at Eirtakon??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Long time no post- how are ye all?

I got fired for telling my employer about a possible health problem -ain't life grand? I have another job so it's fine - I'm furious but I will still have money at least.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

What the hell, how'd you get fired for that?

Angron wrote: »
    What the hell, how'd you get fired for that?
    I might have epilepsy - owner would rather not employ someone with epilepsy. She gave me a different reason for firing me to cover herself legally of course. She was away last week so I spoke to supervisor about it and she said she would inform the owner on Monday - I then got an email from the owner this morning telling me she was terminating my contract - it's too much of coincidence. Oh well - if that's the sort of person she is I'd rather not work for her anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

That sucks. Could have a claim in there? Assuming the other reason won't stand up. Good luck with the epilepsy. Hopefully it's a false flag.

If it's in a kitchen I assume the owner could do it on safety grounds

• Advertisement

That's bloody appalling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

I might have epilepsy - owner would rather not employ someone with epilepsy. She gave me a different reason for firing me to cover herself legally of course. She was away last week so I spoke to supervisor about it and she said she would inform the owner on Monday - I then got an email from the owner this morning telling me she was terminating my contract - it's too much of coincidence. Oh well - if that's the sort of person she is I'd rather not work for her anyway.

If it's a legit H&S concern, get onto a relevant standards agency. Set karma on someone who operates like that when staff voice a relevant issue!!

I don't work in the kitchen exactly but the pass is in there so I would go in. Under UK law employers are meant to make reasonable adjustments to accommodate me but as my seizures are currently uncontrolled she could legally claim it impossible to make adjustments for me (my seizures occur exclusively at night but obviously I can't guarantee that I wouldn't have one at work).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

On my way home from my first session in White Dragon!

Pics in the appropriate thread soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Wow, how long of a sitting was it?

Just over 6 hours. Back at the end of the month to have my forearm done, and then we begin the colour!

I'm mad to get something new done. Really tempted to get a Mewtwo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Angron wrote: »
    I'm mad to get something new done. Really tempted to get a Mewtwo.
    Haha! Funny you mention Pokemon- I just splurged on a Gameboy Colour and a copy of Yellow. Good times! Only bad thing is the lack of a backlit screen, meaning I have to turn the lights up full and angle it a bit.
    Heh. Nice to see the thread a bit more active again. T'was fierce quiet in here.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,637 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Im planning something like a Paradise Lost back piece at the minute--not the band but the classic book by John Milton with the amazing illustrations.

Not sure how they'll translate as a tattoo but Im just waiting on word back from my artist about whether its a go or not.

https://www.google.ie/search?q=john+milton+paradise+lost&biw=1360&bih=599&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiS7M3o_e3KAhWEig8KHZBfA6wQ_AUIBigB

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Im planning something like a Paradise Lost back piece at the minute--not the band...

That was my first thought. It'd be quite a bland tattoo :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Im planning something like a Paradise Lost back piece at the minute--not the band but the classic book by John Milton with the amazing illustrations.

Not sure how they'll translate as a tattoo but Im just waiting on word back from my artist about whether its a go or not.

https://www.google.ie/search?q=john+milton+paradise+lost&biw=1360&bih=599&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiS7M3o_e3KAhWEig8KHZBfA6wQ_AUIBigB

Did Paradise Lost for one of the exams, can't remember now if it was junior or leaving, but kinda loved it. And those old woodcut illustrations are fantastic. One I've often thought of getting was the Jabberwock from Alice in Wonderland: Giant image!

I just don't know how that'd work out as a tattoo unless it was HUGE, due to all the lines in close proximity and hatching used to create the image...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,637 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Star Lord wrote: »
    Did Paradise Lost for one of the exams, can't remember now if it was junior or leaving, but kinda loved it. And those old woodcut illustrations are fantastic. One I've often thought of getting was the Jabberwock from Alice in Wonderland: Giant image!

I just don't know how that'd work out as a tattoo unless it was HUGE, due to all the lines in close proximity and hatching used to create the image...

Do it in Black and Grey and it would look really well.
    Anyway my backpiece is a go now.Just to pick the right image now!!!!

Howdy, y'all. Just thought I'd post in here about a product that I recently found:
    Vaseline Intensive Care spray-on moisturizer. This stuff is AMAZING. I've been using it to moisturize my tattoos for the last 3 weeks and I can safely say it's the best thing I ever used. :D You don't need a ton of it as it spreads quite liberally, absorbs quick and is non-greasy. It doesn't give that heavy feeling that E45 does, that feeling of tons of product sitting on the skin taking ages to soak in.
    It's also great for flakey/dry skin. My legs feel as soft as a baby's arse!
    Welp, it works for me anyways...
    What about everyone else? I know some of yous go for E45/Bepanthen as aftercare. I'd be a bit hesitant to use this stuff on a fresh tattoo but for one that has healed over nicely, I'd recommend it for keeping the skin supple and the colours bright.

Welp, got a consultation with Fran in Skin City Tattoo. 3 hours work at €300 which is less than I expected. Looking forward to getting inked sometime around end of April/early May with any luck. Good stuff! Such a nice guy and very open about talking through the design. :)

Second session on Paddys weekend, can't wait!

This video perfectly describes "losing your tattoo virginity". :D Thought you guys (particularly the newbies who are contemplating ink) would appreciate it. I'm still saving like a mad yoke. Hopefully should be all set by the end of May if it all goes well.
    Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Viva La Gloria

had my upper inner arm (don't want to say bicep because that insinuates muscle to me, of which I have none) done a while ago. 5 hours - wowwwwww, it sucked so bad. Probably the worst pain out of them all. Especially as it started going towards the armpit!

had my upper inner arm (don't want to say bicep because that insinuates muscle to me, of which I have none) done a while ago. 5 hours - wowwwwww, it sucked so bad. Probably the worst pain out of them all. Especially as it started going towards the armpit!

Armpit is 0 fun

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Armpit is 0 fun

It wasn't that bad :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Had a Mandrill done on my inner arm 7 hours of hell looks cool though.

Advertisement