Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB 4.0 - Banter rebooted!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Austmcc

McChubbin wrote: »
    So this article popped up on my Facebook feed. Any thoughts, folks? I'm a bit skeptical but at the same time, intrigued. I have two small pots of the stuff in my fridge that haven't even been opened yet so I might give it a go and get back to ye.

Definitely a good moisturiser etc like it says in the article. Haven't tried it on a tattoo myself though. Just note that like it says less is definitely more with this stuff, it's thick enough and leaves a layer on your skin which is good from the idea of protection against rubbing.

In a job where I have to wash my hands a lot so use it once a day to stop my hands falling to pieces.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭osaurus

I'm more than likely getting tattooed on thursday so will try it after and see. Yay science!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Jealous of ye, Osaurus! :D
    It's only been less than 6 weeks since me last one and I'm already jonsing for another tattoo. Hoping to get a skull and rose motif in blackwork at some point before the year is out or just after Xmas- whenever I can get the moolah together, really.
    I saw this in the "I'll Show You Mine" thread and it is exactly the kind of style I'm thinking of. My arm is looking very bare and I'm obsessed with skulls and dark, inky, sketchy tats.
    I have a mighty need!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

I'd love if the word 'tats' would die a quick death.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Adiboo wrote: »
    I'd love if the word 'tats' would die a quick death.

sick tats bro whats the meaning behind your tats dude

• Advertisement

So just home. Didn't get coconut oil today, getting it in the morning. Will try then but it's not gonna be legit now as i've used some bepanthen already. So swollen.

Got any pictures up yet, Osaurus? What did ya get done?

It's a continuation of a leg piece that started on here years back. I won't be posting pics, was a bit well known with my last profile. It's a biomech piece and it is rather cool imo. Got a small 4 hour session on back of my thigh, all read with black and blue highlights. Sorta looks like heart valves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

osaurus wrote: »
    It's a continuation of a leg piece that started on here years back. I won't be posting pics, was a bit well known with my last profile. It's a biomech piece and it is rather cool imo. Got a small 4 hour session on back of my thigh, all read with black and blue highlights. Sorta looks like heart valves.

Sounds pretty cool :)

Hello. Haven't been here for a while, this place has gone fierce quiet!

How's everyone? I've finished college (I actually went back!) and have a new job I like.

A colleague spotted one of my tattoos so now each day is a discussion on where she should go for her first one, if it hurts (lol) and the meaning behind mine (I wanted them, is that meaningful enough?!).

How's everyone doing? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Am getting a jungle themed sleeve done by Attila Bona (very slowly been nearly 3 years so far) and got in touch with Skin City to book a session only to be told he's moved to Germany:eek:

Luckily enough he still has the same phone so got in touch and he's coming back to Dublin for some guest spots in Oct am delighted as really didn't want it to be finished by someone else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Booked in with Remis next Thursday to start a sleeve.

Been waiting since May, have tattoo overload from looking up ideas. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

dinorebel wrote: »
    Am getting a jungle themed sleeve done by Attila Bona (very slowly been nearly 3 years so far) and got in touch with Skin City to book a session only to be told he's moved to Germany:eek:

Luckily enough he still has the same phone so got in touch and he's coming back to Dublin for some guest spots in Oct am delighted as really didn't want it to be finished by someone else.

Sweet things about planes they actuallyt fly to places outside of Ireland ;) Already have had this talk with robert that if he moves he has to let me know where, though to be fair he did sday if he ever moves he will let people know a year in advance so he can finish all work in progress which is pretty sound

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Sweet things about planes they actuallyt fly to places outside of Ireland ;) Already have had this talk with robert that if he moves he has to let me know where, though to be fair he did sday if he ever moves he will let people know a year in advance so he can finish all work in progress which is pretty sound

It's costing a fortune as it is let alone flying to Germany. I will if I have to though he's as good as it gets in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

mdwexford wrote: »
    Booked in with Remis next Thursday to start a sleeve.

Been waiting since May, have tattoo overload from looking up ideas. :D

Good stuff, you're gonna get an amazing piece of art. Hope you have some great ideas as he really seems to flourish with something he can get excited about. Don't forget to post it when its done.

Sam Hain wrote: »
    Good stuff, you're gonna get an amazing piece of art. Hope you have some great ideas as he really seems to flourish with something he can get excited about. Don't forget to post it when its done.

Yeah I have some ideas and pictures and stuff but I'm hoping he's going to have a big input into it all and tie it all together. I'm happy to give him a lot of freedom to work some magic.

I will definitely post updates.

Yeah I have some ideas and pictures and stuff but I'm hoping he's going to have a big input into it all and tie it all together. I'm happy to give him a lot of freedom to work some magic.

I will definitely post updates.

Look forward to seeing it. He will work wonders with your ideas, he's so methodical and engaging in the consultation, he will spend alot of time trying different things with your ideas until you're both happy. Its actually interesting seeing the way he works in that respect. You'll be buzzing even before the needle hits you. Hes a very gifted individual. Enjoy.

dinorebel wrote: »

You're joking! Atilla's gone? Feck, and I was really hoping to have him do my next tattoo. :( Knowing my luck, he'll be completely booked up by the time I get the funds together. I was hoping to get inked between Xmas and January 2017. Welp, that blows...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

So 7 hour session on inner bicep turned out to be 5 and a half. Which was good because it was awful!

Sweet Jesus I'm glad that's done.

In the chair with Remis and he's just started.

Excited isn't the word!!! :D

5 and a half hour session and still not done the first portrait.

Was tough going for that long.

He's a sick sick man to watch in action though.

• Advertisement

5 and a half hour session and still not done the first portrait.

Was tough going for that long.

He's a sick sick man to watch in action though.

Good job, did 6/7 straight hours on the ribs before with him, I was in ribbons after it. The 2 tattoos I have by him both took 3 visits for each. Glad you went with portraits, he kills portraits.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,721 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

So I had Hillary's face tattooed on my left arse cheek in anticipation of the election result north of Mexico... Unfortunately it didn't go as planned & now people want to know why I've got a bad image of Margaret Thatcher permanently etched onto my buttock...

Can anyone recommend a good removals company to get rid of Hillary, or alternatively should I get a cover up of an OompaLoompa?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Nah, like America, you're just gonna have to live with a bad decision...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Getting a fierce itch to get something new done. Shame I have all these things like "bills" and "necessities" taking all my tattoo money.

That's every day of my life too. Really want some new ink!!!

Was getting tattooed solidly every saturday over last 5/6 weeks. It's not ideal first world tattoo problem if ever there was one I know :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I just wanna get my Mewtwo ;_;

Told you, you're more of a Mew man...

To be honest, I'd probably wind up getting a Mew to go along with Mewtwo at some other point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

Howyis....long time no see...
    So an update on my ink...my right sleeve is completely finished, so getting a back piece done....it's Silent Hill vs Resident Evil. The nurse is partly done, getting her finished next Sunday, then work on Pyramidhead starts. Pics will be put up in due course naturally.

Advertisement