Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

L’OISEAU Style Tattoos?

Options
  • 28-02-2016 6:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭

Howdy, folks.
    I'm currently in the process of saving towards my next tattoo.
    I already have a sketch, based on a panel of a comic I drew many years ago:
    378907.jpg
    Anyways, since this sketch is mainly monotone and sharp black lines, I was hoping to add some red roses to it (mainly around the hair as a sort of border) but I'm a bit lost as to who would be the best artist to do the job.
    Whilst I got an estimate from Fernando Mancel (Swords Ink) and am generally impressed by most of his work, I'm not really feeling him right now and would appreciate any other suggestions.
    Also, whilst I was browsing the many, MANY tattoo pages I follow on Facebook, Tattoodo posted up this page and I've fallen in love with the L'oiseau style.
    I think if my sketch was translated into this style by a skilled artist and the roses were added in, I'm sure my tattoo would look amazing.
    Like I said, the sketch I drew is very dear to me (it's of one of my characters from my many unpublished fictional works so she's practically my baby) so I really want it done right.
    Thank you all kindly!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭joey100

Never really heard of that style but it looks similar enough to some of the stuff coming out of Dublin ink at the moment. Never been to the studio but some of the work on their facebook looks good, seem to combine that style with colour. Not sure if it's what your looking for but worth having a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

Lot of good artists at Skin City Tattoo on the quays. Check out Stefan, Pawel or Mark's page in particular.

http://skincitytattoodublin.ie/

PS, love the sketch! It will be a fabulous tattoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Austmcc

That looks like it would make an amazing tattoo. Thank you for introducing me to this "L'oiseau" style, its giving me ideas. You should check out Caro Blackswan (out of utopian tattoo tribe in kilkenny), some of her work seems pretty close. Never been to her myself, just was the first artist I thought of seeing those examples....

https://www.instagram.com/caroblackswan/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Thanks very much for the recommendations, folks.
    Regarding Skin City Tattoo, I just had a gander at the portfolio albums on their Facebook page and I'm REALLY compelled to go with Fran on this one. He has some beautiful watercolour/sketch based tats up and I think he'd do my sketch justice.
    Going to organise a consultation and get a price together so I'll keep y'all posted. Cheers!

Also, thanks for the compliments on my sketch. ^3^ Been wanting to get it inked on me for a few years. T'was just a matter of finding the right artist.

McChubbin wrote: »
    Thanks very much for the recommendations, folks.
    Regarding Skin City Tattoo, I just had a gander at the portfolio albums on their Facebook page and I'm REALLY compelled to go with Fran on this one. He has some beautiful watercolour/sketch based tats up and I think he'd do my sketch justice.
    Going to organise a consultation and get a price together so I'll keep y'all posted. Cheers!

Also, thanks for the compliments on my sketch. ^3^ Been wanting to get it inked on me for a few years. T'was just a matter of finding the right artist.

Fran is an awesome choice. He did my watercolour cherry blossoms and it's my favourite tattoo. He did it free hand too!

Where are you getting it placed?

• Advertisement

Fran is an awesome choice. He did my watercolour cherry blossoms and it's my favourite tattoo. He did it free hand too!

Where are you getting it placed?
    Hoping to get it on my left shoulder/forearm area. That's a gorgeous tattoo you got there, FGR! :D I'm hoping to have a quick chat with Fran on Friday. Will let ye know how it goes. :)

Hoping to get it on my left shoulder/forearm area. That's a gorgeous tattoo you got there, FGR! :D I'm hoping to have a quick chat with Fran on Friday. Will let ye know how it goes. :)

So, how did it go?

So, how did it go?
    Grand! Got talking to Fran from Skin City Tattoo and he was all ears and very open to my ideas. He told me that he can easily tone down the huge area of black on the sketch (the hair) and tweak it so it closely matches the L'oiseau style. It'll take about 2 and half to 3 hours of work and cost €300 which is less than I expected for an artist of his calibre.
    I'm hoping to get it done by early May if my savings hold out. :)

Grand! Got talking to Fran from Skin City Tattoo and he was all ears and very open to my ideas. He told me that he can easily tone down the huge area of black on the sketch (the hair) and tweak it so it closely matches the L'oiseau style. It'll take about 2 and half to 3 hours of work and cost €300 which is less than I expected for an artist of his calibre.
    I'm hoping to get it done by early May if my savings hold out. :)

Awesome, glad to hear it! Be sure to post a pic of the finished tattoo!

Advertisement