Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Money in the Bank 2014 Thread *POSSIBLE PPV SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I'd love Barrett to get the briefcase just cause his cash in would be ****ing brilliant.

"Oh, you're just after finishing a match? You're hurt? Unable to compete? Well...I'M AFRAID OI'V GAWT SOME BAWD NEWS!"

Hunters impression of him was hilarious on Raw...."Riogght.....rioght rioggght"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

If Kane wins I'm done.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,892 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

WWE World Heavyweight Championship Ladder Match
    John Cena vs. Randy Orton vs. Cesaro vs. Sheamus vs. Alberto Del Rio vs. Bray Wyatt vs. Roman Reigns vs Kane

Money in the Bank Contract Ladder Match
    Seth Rollins vs. Bad News Barrett vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Dean Ambrose vs. Rob Van Dam vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Jack Swagger

WWE Divas Championship
    Paige (c) vs. Naomi

WWE Tag Team Championship
    The Uso's (c) vs. Luke Harper and Erick Rowan

Pre-show will feature an interview with Daniel Bryan

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Too obvious to have Rollins win the case, Reigns the title, then Rollins cashes in at the end of the show? Considering how everything else seems made up on the fly, it wouldn't surprise me if that's why they added a second match having not even hinted at it before hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Pre-show will feature an interview with Daniel Bryan

Kind of instructive on how Bryan is viewed still by the office that his return is merely featured on the pre-show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,892 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Too obvious to have Rollins win the case, Reigns the title, then Rollins cashes in at the end of the show? Considering how everything else seems made up on the fly, it wouldn't surprise me if that's why they added a second match having not even hinted at it before hand.

Ambrose or Rollins will cancel each other out so they aren't winning as their feud will continue onto Summerslam imo

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Kind of instructive on how Bryan is viewed still by the office that his return is merely featured on the pre-show.

Its more a case of them wanting people to watch the pre-show imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,085 ✭✭✭✭CSF

gnfnrhead wrote: »

Kane's late entry suggests alot to me. I genuinely think he is a late entry to the match rather than a planned late impact entry (he doesn't carry anything like the sort of interest for that).

I expect Kane to win before Bryan comes back to put him away once and for all and resume normal service in his title reign.

I find it hard to look past a Rollins victory for the briefcase. If you wanna put a rocket under your new no 1 heel (or so some touted him as), doesn't make sense to have him lose the reject MITB match. He will win in a way that infuriates Ambrose even further, sending their feud onto Battleground and possibly beyond.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Maybe if he took more pride in his personal appearance:
    Bq5u6jHIQAASkLM.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Anyone else think Bryan could end up being a surprise 8th entrant in the briefcase match?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,085 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Anyone else think Bryan could end up being a surprise 8th entrant in the briefcase match?

No. If he was cleared to wrestle they wouldn't have had to take the belt off him in the first place

• Registered Users Posts: 28,967 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I thought the same thing about him being in the match. But CSF's reason for not being in was a factor.

Of course maybe he has been cleared to wrestle but they're saying otherwise to keep it a surprise. Maybe they took the title off him because he wasn't going to be fit but then he was cleared afterward.

At the same time, I don't think he really fits in the MitB match except maybe with Barrett, Rollins and Ambrose

Avoids a Bad News joke:
    At tonight's Smackdown taping, Bad News Barrett suffered a shoulder injury during a match with Jack Swagger according to WWE.com. It happened when Barrett was thrown into the ringside barricade. The site quoted their company Dr. Chris Amann as saying Barrett had a separated shoulder and that more tests would be done.

His status for the Money In The Bank briefcase match has not been determined yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

rovert wrote: »
    Avoids a Bad News joke:

That would be some pretty bad news for us. However, in a match like this he wouldn't need to rely on his shoulder as much. He can be protected during the match if it is anything from minor to moderate. Obviously anything severe would mean you couldn't even risk him reaching for the briefcase. Again, not the worst news in the world as he could still partake and win. Dropping the IC title would not hurt him if he had the briefcase.

EDIT: Him Rollins or Ambrose are the only 3 who could win the match and be seen as legitimate contenders IMHO. As much as I love Ziggler he has been in far too much of a rut to win the match

He is confirmed as out of MITB.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Didn't Barrett miss out of another MITB a few years ago to injury, one he was scheduled to win? If so he really has bad luck.

Time to trademark bad luck Barrett.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I REALLY hope the doctor had the sense of humour to say "Wade, I'm afraid I've got some bad news!" :D

Loughc wrote: »
    Didn't Barrett miss out of another MITB a few years ago to injury, one he was scheduled to win? If so he really has bad luck.

Time to trademark bad luck Barrett.

Yup

• Registered Users Posts: 28,967 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

That's crap. Both for him and the fans. As was said, he seemed the most likely to win and would've really helped boost him and now this injury occurs just as he was on the rise. Hope he's not out too long this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Ah that's ****, I was really glad to see Barrett getting that push.
    mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    As much as I love Ziggler he has been in far too much of a rut to win the match

On the contrary Ziggler has been looking surprisingly strong the last few weeks, going the distance with new golden boy Rollins and trading finishers with Barrett on RAW.

Probably just a result of the talent getting the time to put on a decent show rather than any indication of a push right enough but I've certainly noticed that he was suddenly not getting squashed like he has been.

• Advertisement

Alvarez says the replacements for Wade are Big Show, Mark Henry or The Miz.

YAY!

YAY!

WWE, Give it to some who I actually give a damn about.

Id rather Sami Zayn from NXT as replacement or even Bo Dallas

If only it turns out to be minor, he comes out on the night...

"If you thought X/Y/Z was going to take my spot in the MITB match over an injured shoulder...."

You can figure the rest out. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Miz? I can't even remember the last time he was on TV.

If only it turns out to be minor, he comes out on the night...

"If you thought X/Y/Z was going to take my spot in the MITB match over an injured shoulder...."

You can figure the rest out. :pac:

Was thinking the same... ah wishful thinking

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

YAY!

Yikes that's really scraping the barrel. Heath Slater might be a better option, he's gone well in the WeeLC matches and it possibly presents an opportunity to debut thr 'Big Clem Layfield' character.

Miz? I can't even remember the last time he was on TV.

The was to repackage him as a babyface with Ric Flair as his manager. The ideal time to that was two weeks ago when Raw is in Miz's backyard in Celevand, Ohio. Never happened obviously. Ric Flair wants strongly to manage Ziggler and not the Miz. So it could be that.

The was to repackage him as a babyface with Ric Flair as his manager. The ideal time to that was two weeks ago when Raw is in Miz's backyard in Celevand, Ohio. Never happened obviously. Ric Flair wants strongly to manage Ziggler and not the Miz. So it could be that.

Am i right in saying that the powers that be dont want Ziggler near Flair and will only have Flair back managing if its the Miz

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Hoping Wade makes it but would have to lean towards Rollins for the win if he can't make the match

• Advertisement

Hoping Wade makes it but would have to lean towards Rollins for the win if he can't make the match

Now that Ambrose is in I can't imagine that he won't play a big role, though Rollins winning in spite of him would further build the feud I guess.

Or they could suddenly clear the ring together and help themselves to the case. #believeintheshieldTROLOLOL

Advertisement