Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Money in the Bank 2014 Thread *POSSIBLE PPV SPOILERS*

Options
  • 03-06-2014 12:07am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Money_in_the_Bank_2014_poster.jpg

There will be talk about who should win MITB in most threads from now on so why not start this one early so we have a place for that speculation.

my go at predicting minus Kane cos I hope hes not involved (sorry Kane but it;s for the best)

Wrestlemania rematch: If DB doesent defend the belt he forfeits it:
    HHH vs Daniel Bryan

DB given the underdog role again but will retain thanks to Roman Reigns spearing the sh!t out of HHH as retribution for the MITB situation

MITB ladder match:
    Ambrose vs Rollins vs Reigns vs Orton vs Cesaro vs RVD vs Kofi

Rollins, RVD and Kofi to make this match be filled with great spots. Reigns built as the clear favourite but his Evolution baggage to get in the way as hunter screws him out of winning the MITB contract and instead Cesaro picks up the win and his push is restarted.

John Cena vs Bray Wyatt
    I want it (this feud) to die even though I woulda preferred if Bray won the rubber match but I dont know what they will do after it and for some reason think itl get dragged out further

US/IC unification match:
    Sheamus vs Barett

DQ finish leading to the unification match taking place at SS under no DQ rules

Tag titles match: Harper & Rowan vs The Uso's

DIvas Title: Paige vs Cameron vs Naomi
    I shudder at the thought of Cameron in a title match so ive made it Paige beating th Funkadactyls together in a throwaway Divas bout to extend Paige's run

Big E vs Rusev in a flag match or some such non-sense
    meh, Rusev will win again, he's the one receiving a push

----

Pre show- El Torito vs Hornswoggle Wee-LC match
    Again El Torito will win and it will be surprisingly entertaining

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

All i'll say about any Diva's match, leave the belt on Paige until AJ returns and then let AJ & Paige feud over the belt...

AJ Lee/Paige feud > Better than Paige/Someone from Total Divas cast.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Ziggler vs Del Rio in a MITB qualifying match tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 85,551 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Surely there isn't only one ladder match at this ppv?

I think we may see Orton/Rollins Vs. Reigns/Ambrose or all four could be part of the ladder match for the briefcase for a shot at the WWE World Heavyweight Title

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

One title, one ladder match I would imagine? I'd prefer fewer participants, when it was 6 it worked in 2005. Any more is overkill.

You would have to think Cesaro is a shoe-in but depends what they are gonna do with Rollins I suppose. Cesaro winning opens up possibilities with Bryan and (at a later date) Lesnar.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,875 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The whole thing with Bryan and the title will need to be taken into account while setting it up. I mean if it was just for the briefcase, then they could just give it to anyone and decide what to do later, but if it's for the title they'll have to have to have who they want as champ in it.
    So Del Rio being in it can be acceptable for the briefcase but as potential champion, nope. They at least need 2 or 3 guys who could be champ, just to keep people guessing, which means they can't tie them up in other matches

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

CastorTroy wrote: »
    The whole thing with Bryan and the title will need to be taken into account while setting it up. I mean if it was just for the briefcase, then they could just give it to anyone and decide what to do later, but if it's for the title they'll have to have to have who they want as champ in it.
    So Del Rio being in it can be acceptable for the briefcase but as potential champion, nope. They at least need 2 or 3 guys who could be champ, just to keep people guessing, which means they can't tie them up in other matches

The Bryan situation is legit since they don't know if he can work or not. I was pretty much calling for them to hotshot someone into the title picture and this gives them that option.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,018 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Cesaro's feud with Barrett doesn't exactly pave the way for him to be in the MITB match, which is disappointing.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'd imagine Cesaro/Barrett would be encompassed into the MITB match tbh.

I'd imagine Cesaro/Barrett would be encompassed into the MITB match tbh.

It's possible, but I wouldn't think likely given how Cesaro/Barrett/Sheamus/RVD have been circling around the 2 belts. I wouldn't be surprised to see a 4 way unification match possibly in the MITB format.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

1 MITB match for the case, 1 for the title. If Bryan is cleared, he retains. Otherwise it's easy to crown a new champion. Use the old 30 day rule if they need a reason.

• Advertisement

Can't see Bryan not facing Kane. I'd expect the match to have a tonne of outside interference though to ease the burden on Bryan.

If Bryan was losing the title he'd have lost it by now.

Where there's a will (and there most definitely is) there's a way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

If Bryan doesn't defend the titles and they're put into briefcases I can see the world titles being split.

If Bryan doesn't defend the titles and they're put into briefcases I can see the world titles being split.

They need to stop chopping and changing between having 1 or 2 titles. I personally haven't missed the other belt a bit.

The Ziggler cashin is the only great memory I have of the title since getting back into WWE about 2/3 years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Keep one title imo. The WHC is damaged goods.

I'd be surprised if DB doesn't make it and like it's been said, they can work around the injury as best as they can. I think they're just hedging their bets just in case.

Rollins and Cesaro are the clear favorites for the MITB imo.

Should be a good show anyway, Boston is always a good crowd and MITB is always a strong show.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,551 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

So far we have Randy Orton, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus and Cesaro in the ladder match for the WWE World Heavyweight title, so who else is likely to be added Cena, Lesnar, Kane, Bray Wyatt, Rollins, Ambrose, Reigns or HHH himself?

I'd love to see Cesaro win the title.

But Jesus, I can't bare the thoughts of another Cena or Orton run....

If Bryan is to get the title back upon recovery then it needs to be one of those two. Wouldn't do Cesaro or Reigns any favours to win the title and then lose it shortly upon Bryan's return.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Shudders at the thought this by x1000,

• Registered Users Posts: 12,026 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I think the only thing more depressing than that would be a Cena v Orton feud for the title.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

As per F4WOnline.
    We noted before that WWE was considering a second Money In the Bank ladder match for the MITB pay-per-view on June 29th.

Apparently they were looking at announcing the second ladder match on last night’s RAW but obviously didn’t. Word is that the second ladder match, which will be for a future title shot, will feature up and coming talents while the top Superstars will be in the main ladder match that’s for the vacant WWE World Heavyweight Title

Interesting, very interesting! Hopefully that will mean BNB can capture the briefcase and be a thorn in someones side for the next few months. Could you imagine the teases. Coming out after a match, holding the contract up and then "If you thought I was going to cash-in now then I'm afraid Ive got some Bad News!"

• Advertisement

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    As per F4WOnline.

Interesting, very interesting! Hopefully that will mean BNB can capture the briefcase and be a thorn in someones side for the next few months. Could you imagine the teases. Coming out after a match, holding the contract up and then "If you thought I was going to cash-in now then I'm afraid Ive got some Bad News!"
    Doubt they'll have Barrett hold IC and MITB.

Was surprised enough that Sheamus is in the main match.

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    As per F4WOnline.

And then when he does go to cash in....

"I know you're hurt. I know you're in no condition to fight. But I'm afraid I've got some bad news!"

Would fit his character so perfectly....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

CSF wrote: »
    Doubt they'll have Barrett hold IC and MITB.

Was surprised enough that Sheamus is in the main match.

Didn't Miz do the double with the US title a few years ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    So far we have Randy Orton, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus and Cesaro in the ladder match for the WWE World Heavyweight title, so who else is likely to be added Cena, Lesnar, Kane, Bray Wyatt, Rollins, Ambrose, Reigns or HHH himself?

The ones already named don't really seem likely, do they?
    Orton has had his time recently, ADR hasn't a hope, Sheamus is already holding a belt and while Cesaro is the most likely, he's not really heel enough for it, if he is to be the one holding it to face Bryan on his return.

Bray, Rollins, Cena, HHH, Roman and BNB would have been my shout, with Rollins taking it in some sneaky manner. I though the Shield storyline didn't need a belt, but I can't think of anyone outside that feud worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭aaaaaaaahhhhhh

Perfect chance to make Kane champ for a few months IMO. Been a while, think he deserves a run.

Perfect chance to make Kane champ for a few months IMO. Been a while, think he deserves a run.

Your username sums up my feelings there :pac:

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Didn't Miz do the double with the US title a few years ago?

Maybe. Wouldn't really have been watching at that stage.

Still, there are a good few credible options now. Bray Wyatt the ideal candidate for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Did anyone see there's only seven spots.. So three left.
    Who do people think will be in the minor ladder match?. Rhodes, Ziggler, Sandow, BNB, Big E, Swagger and santino maybe.

Did anyone see there's only seven spots.. So three left.
    Who do people think will be in the minor ladder match?. Rhodes, Ziggler, Sandow, BNB, Big E, Swagger and santino maybe.

No way. Which one of them would carry any kind of threat to the title, and not much by way of Kofi big spots potential either except for Cody.

Rhodes, Kofi, Ziggler, Rusev, Wyatt, Swagger, Dallas would be my shout. Decent mix between big guys, and guys who will bring the big ladder moments.

WWE need to look long-term and think how much the whole universe (not just the WWE universe) would mark out at the 'We're here' moment when Bray cashes in and wins it, and that is the idea of the briefcase after all, to create those moments. And Bray will be winning the title sooner or later anyway so this is a good route to it, there isn't many other potential entrants who you could say that about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Don't think Rusev will be in it unless he's going to win which is very unlikely at this point. Hopefully he stays undefeated until the feud with Cena (or did he lose a match by disqualification once? Anyway they could still say he hasn't been pinned).

Advertisement