Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Money in the Bank 2014 Thread *POSSIBLE PPV SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭Ridley

Would be nice if They announced a Money in the Bank Six-Pack Challenge or something. Doesn't have to be a ladder match but it would be shame to lose the briefcase for a year.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Melty is the worst for teasing things but I can't talk about it on the air, I'll tell you after.

This is a huge scumbag thing to do. Whilst I've no doubt he's privy to some decisions that he's been trusted not to repeat, it comes across as incredibly schoolyard child-like. He should never mention things he can't mention, instead of "I know something you don't knooooow!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

jaykhunter wrote: »
    This is a huge scumbag thing to do. Whilst I've no doubt he's privy to some decisions that he's been trusted not to repeat, it comes across as incredibly schoolyard child-like. He should never mention things he can't mention, instead of "I know something you don't knooooow!"

Being a drug dealer or pimp or a racist or a rapist or Vince Russo is scumbag thing to do.

Mentioning that you know who is going to win a match but you can't say is possibly a slightly annoying thing to do.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Protecting sources is a noble thing rather than a scumbag thing tbh.

Even if this is just Wrestling scoopz and not war secrets or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Melty is the worst for teasing things but I can't talk about it on the air, I'll tell you after.

It's one of his weird personality traits where he speaks before thinking and garbles his words. Protecting sources is fine but he could do with pausing before saying stuff that he then two seconds says 'oh, I can't say that'. It's not a scumbag thing to do, journos protect sources and privileged info all the time but they don't usually start a sentence and then censor themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

It's one of his weird personality traits where he speaks before thinking and garbles his words. Protecting sources is fine but he could do with pausing before saying stuff that he then two seconds says 'oh, I can't say that'. It's not a scumbag thing to do, journos protect sources and privileged info all the time but they don't usually start a sentence and then censor themselves.

Exactly. It's not that he's protecting sources (which is understandable) it's that he starts down a path he can't continue. That kind of crap in wrestling news annoys me no end (happy jamc? :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

We might get two divas matches on this show. Paige vs. Cameron and Summer Rae vs. Layla.

Other matches that will probably be added to the card (besides Rollins vs. Ambrose) will be BNB vs. RVD (rematch), Goldust & Stardust vs. Rybaxel and Rusev squash match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Meltzer is a mark who'll never win MITB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Meltzer is a mark who'll never win MITB.

Maybe that's why he can't reveal the winner. You could be on to something :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 85,888 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Will there be another added to title ladder match to make it 8?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

It seemed on Raw that the 7 was our lot...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Meltzer is clearly the 8th man

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,965 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Would it be completely crazy to have the briefcase match between everyone else? I know it could get messy. But was thinking as well wasn't there a ladder match where a non contender was on the ladder? Think was a manager or someone. They had the idea to climb and grab the title when they had the chance and there didn't seem to be any argument over it as if if he won it he was entitled to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

Announcement from Main Event regarding MITB
    Seth Rollins announced a second MITB Match on Main Event. He's the first entrant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

ciano316 wrote: »
    Announcement from Main Event regarding MITB
    Seth Rollins announced a second MITB Match on Main Event. He's the first entrant

Main Event
    Looks like Dean and Kane in there too...

Main Event
    Looks like Dean and Kane in there too...

All I could think of after reading that was
    Lois and Clark.
    So Rollins, Ambrose, Kane, Sandow, Ziggler and Kofi?

I wonder if they will just do Ambrose v Rollins for the case. Seeing how they've only a week to build for the match. Or will it be typical WWE and just randomly throw 6 other guys in there at the last minute. I suspect the latter.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

It's the latter as there's a MITB qualifying match on smackdown.

Loughc wrote: »
    It's the latter as there's a MITB qualifying match on smackdown.

I don't see one in the spoilers. It's Rollins only so far.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Moneymaker wrote: »
    I don't see one in the spoilers. It's Rollins only so far.

PWTorch's spoilers says there was one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

What is the other ladder match for though? It makes no sense to have a B-team match for the regular briefcase when you have just put all the best guys in another match

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Be a nice twist if Rollins or Ambrose won and Cashed in on a newly crown champion like Reigns or Cena that night

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

What is the other ladder match for though? It makes no sense to have a B-team match for the regular briefcase when you have just put all the best guys in another match

MITB ppv wouldn't be the same without a MITB briefcase IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Tbf, BNB, Rollins and Ambrose are hardly B players. I imagine we'll also have Kofi, Kane, Ziggler and someone else in there

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    MITB ppv wouldn't be the same without a MITB briefcase IMO.
    Well I definitely agree that it needs one, I just think dont like the ides to have the prize being the regular briefcase title shot when most of the competitors are midcarders since all the top guys are already in the other match.

I would have preferred a one on one match between Ambrose and Rollins

How come HHH didn't add Rollins (like he did Randy) into the title ladder match?

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Tbf, BNB, Rollins and Ambrose are hardly B players. I imagine we'll also have Kofi, Kane, Ziggler and someone else in there

They are B players for now, nothing wrong with being a B. Hardly Wrestlemania headliners are they. That being said Alberto is in the Main Event :(

Rollins v Ambrose v BNB v Bo Dallas v Ziggler v Kofi v Kane perhaps.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I would have preferred a one on one match between Ambrose and Rollins

How come HHH didn't add Rollins (like he did Randy) into the title ladder match?

Perhaps hes going to win the MITB and cash in on the winner of the Title match???

mrkiscool2 wrote: »

I would have thought Kane was higher up too

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Perhaps hes going to win the MITB and cash in on the winner of the Title match???

I would have thought HHH would have added Rollins to the title ladder match to help Orton win

I don't think either Ambrose or Rollins are winning the briefcase as most likely their feud will continue on to Summerslam

I fear it will end up being Orton taking one belt and Cena the other or a heel turn and win for Sheamus

• Advertisement

So this is the anniversary of the injury that sidelined Sheamus and he goes back for more

Advertisement