Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Money in the Bank 2014 Thread *POSSIBLE PPV SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Once it's not two people falling down with each belt.

The one title is more than enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

It's in Boston so if Orton or Cena win it will be a **** storm.

I still fancy Cesaro. He's been under the radar lately and that's pretty telling with the usual WWE style of booking.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,085 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Moneymaker wrote: »
    It's in Boston so if Orton or Cena win it will be a **** storm.

I still fancy Cesaro. He's been under the radar lately and that's pretty telling with the usual WWE style of booking.

Has he not taken a bit of a dip since joining with Heyman? Was going so well before that.

CSF wrote: »
    Has he not taken a bit of a dip since joining with Heyman? Was going so well before that.

That's exactly my point. They haven't capatalised on how over he was around WM time. Winning the title would be a good way to regain that momentum.

He's not lost many matches cleanly, he's still been protected.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

That's exactly my point. They haven't capatalised on how over he was around WM time. Winning the title would be a good way to regain that momentum.

He's not lost many matches cleanly, he's still been protected.

I think if he won the title, he would only be a stop gap for the time being and would suffer long term.

• Advertisement

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I think if he won the title, he would only be a stop gap for the time being and would suffer long term.

Look forward to arguing with you about this next Wednesday :pac:

Look forward to arguing with you about this next Wednesday :pac:

Id like to be wrong, but he has stagnated a bit and has been under teh radar in relation to this match, but I just dont see it happening and IF it does I fear he may not be pushed as the No1 heel.

Id love to be wrong though. Hes got what it takes to be pushed to the moon and stay there but I cant see the WWE pushing him as No1 heel ala HHH in 99 for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Who would be best as a stop-gap champ do people think?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I don't get why people talk about "stop gap" champions. The majority of title reigns are short enough nowadays, and it's what you do with the reign that counts.

For example, a title win at MITB, a short feud with someone like Cena or Sheamus and then a three month program with Bryan would do Cesaro the world of good. Even if Bryan returns for the next PPV, there is no need to put he title back on him straight away; he could chase Cesaro for a while.

I dont think there should be a stop gap Champion. Give someone a push and get behind someone as a top heel. Whether its Cena, Cesaro, Reigns, Rollins, Wyatt...etc

It would hurt the up and comers like Cesaro Reigns or Wyatt to be a paper champion who is simply keeping the title warm.

Some like a face Cena, Heel Orton, Kane or Del Rio being a stop gap champ will harm the Title IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I don't get why people talk about "stop gap" champions. The majority of title reigns are short enough nowadays, and it's what you do with the reign that counts.

For example, a title win at MITB, a short feud with someone like Cena or Sheamus and then a three month program with Bryan would do Cesaro the world of good. Even if Bryan returns for the next PPV, there is no need to put he title back on him straight away; he could chase Cesaro for a while.

I've heard lots of talk of Bryan vs Lesnar, a prolonged feud with Cesaro who could have the title for a few months defeating someone like Cena and even Bryan, most likely thanks to Heyman, before Bryan wins the belt back could be an ideal way to lead into that tbh

MITB: Cesaro wins the title
    Battleground: Cesaro beats John Cena (Bryan returns the next night)
    Summerslam: Bryan challenges to get his title back, Cesaro retains (thanks to Heyman)
    Night of champions: Like at last years NOCs Bryan regains his title here
    He'll in a Cell: the culmination of an awesome Bryan vs Cesaro run with cesaros rematch, Bryan win but the Lesnar strikes
    Survivor Series: Bryan vs Brock Lesnar! Will Bryan survive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

I've heard lots of talk of Bryan vs Lesnar, a prolonged feud with Cesaro who could have the title for a few months defeating someone like Cena and even Bryan, most likely thanks to Heyman, before Bryan wins the belt back could be an ideal way to lead into that tbh

MITB: Cesaro wins the title
    Battleground: Cesaro beats John Cena (Bryan returns the next night)
    Summerslam: Bryan challenges to get his title back, Cesaro retains (thanks to Heyman)
    Night of champions: Like at last years NOCs Bryan regains his title here
    He'll in a Cell: the culmination of an awesome Bryan vs Cesaro run with cesaros rematch, Bryan win but the Lesnar strikes
    Survivor Series: Bryan vs Brock Lesnar! Will Bryan survive

What's Lesnar going to do at Summerslam then? Thought the idea was for Lesnar to challenge Bryan for the World titles at Summerslam.

I don't see why Bryan vs Lesnar needs the title involved at all.

Have Cesaro win the title.
    Have Bryan challange Cesaro for Battleground. Match ends with Brock helping Cesaro retain the title, and he murders Bryan.
    Summerslam then has Bryan vs Lesnar (a match well capable of being a main event without the belt) and Cesaro vs Cena/Sheamus/Reigns whoever...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I would have thought HHH would have added Rollins to the title ladder match to help Orton win

But it makes infinitely more sense to try and get him the briefcase, that way they can both win and he can control both the title AND the case. If either one wins then he controls either the title or an opportunity to steal it. Reduces the chances of infighting as well.

Sure teamwork in one match would be a better overall chance of coming away with something but that's just asking for trouble isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,347 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Who would be best as a stop-gap champ do people think?

bray or cena. cena because he can easily fill the spot bryan was supposed to be in and lose to lesnar at summerslam.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,888 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

rossie1977 wrote: »
    bray or cena. cena because he can easily fill the spot bryan was supposed to be in and lose to lesnar at summerslam.

Please no to Bray as champion

Card is looking a bit thin;

Cesaro/Bray/Cena/Orton/Del Rio/Sheamus/Reigns for the title

Rollins and Ambrose/Ziggler/Kofi/Bo Dallas/Barrett/Rusev/RVD and maybe Cody for the contract?

Uso's v Harper and Rowan

Paige v Random diva, probably Naomi.

Card is looking a bit thin;

Cesaro/Bray/Cena/Orton/Del Rio/Sheamus/Reigns for the title

Rollins and Ambrose/Ziggler/Kofi/Bo Dallas/Barrett/Rusev/RVD and maybe Cody for the contract?

Uso's v Harper and Rowan

Paige v Random diva, probably Naomi.

Adam Rose v Fandango perhaps for another mixed tag match.

Rusev match???

Bo Dallas match. Not a great Under card but the 2 ladder matches could save it.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Adam Rose v Fandango perhaps for another mixed tag match.

Rusev match???

Bo Dallas match. Not a great Under card but the 2 ladder matches could save it.

I'd stick Rusev in the ladder match, you'll have quite a few high flighers(Ziggler, Rollins, Kofi etc) so Rusev should be a nice contrast.

I'm sure they'll throw some random matches together at the last minute as they have gotten into a habit of doing lately. :rolleyes:

Have they confirmed the match for the case is gonna have 7 guys? They might still do Rollins v Ambrose in a 1v1 ladder match for the contract maybe?

I'd stick Rusev in the ladder match, you'll have quite a few high flighers(Ziggler, Rollins, Kofi etc) so Rusev should be a nice contrast.

I'm sure they'll throw some random matches together at the last minute as they have gotten into a habit of doing lately. :rolleyes:

Have they confirmed the match for the case is gonna have 7 guys? They might still do Rollins v Ambrose in a 1v1 ladder match for the contract maybe?
    Think they'll want Rusev's unbeaten streak to be used as a way of pushing someone instead when they eventually beat him

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »
    Think they'll want Rusev's unbeaten streak to be used as a way of pushing someone instead when they eventually beat him

In theory, his streak is gone, since he lost to Rollins on Raw.

If they hand wave that, they can handwave a ladder match loss too....

Lord TSC wrote: »
    In theory, his streak is gone, since he lost to Rollins on Raw.

If they hand wave that, they can handwave a ladder match loss too....

True I guess.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

It will just become he hasnt lost in Singles matches when they use it to big him up now. I'd expect a Rusev crush match now that it seems they will need extra to fill the card. Maybe stick him with someone like Big E again or atleast someone who isn't Ryder or Xavier Woods.

Wouldn't be surprised if they have last minute additions if Star & Goldust get a match too (think Cody being in the contract match might be just wishful thinking tbh)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I am looking forward to MITB PPV even though there are only 4 announced matches so far. MITB matches are going to deliver like always, tag team match is going to be a fun match to watch and divas match might be good as well but i see DQ finish with that match.

mxph3 wrote: »
    I am looking forward to MITB PPV even though there are only 4 announced matches so far. MITB matches are going to deliver like always, tag team match is going to be a fun match to watch and divas match might be good as well but i see DQ finish with that match.

I dont know if they are guaranteed to deliver. They could easily be a clusterfudge.

Besides Ambrose and Seth Rollins, and maybe Barrett, the rest are there to make up the numbers, so any time Ziggler, Kofi and others climb the ladder I have no faith they will win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

My only issue is that you dont need Kane and Alberto Del Rio in MITB match for WWE World Heavyweight Championship and you dont need a guy like Jack Swagger in MITB match for the MITB briefcase.

I think 6 participates is usually enough for a MITB match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Anyone else got the feeling that Cena's taking the belts and if not Rollins then Barrett might take the briefcase?

I'd love Barrett to get the briefcase just cause his cash in would be ****ing brilliant.

"Oh, you're just after finishing a match? You're hurt? Unable to compete? Well...I'M AFRAID OI'V GAWT SOME BAWD NEWS!"

My money is on Barrett winning.

• Advertisement

Rollins and Kane.

Advertisement