Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Money in the Bank 2014 Thread *POSSIBLE PPV SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,347 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    it wouldn't surprise me if that's why they added a second match having not even hinted at it before hand.

they have like 3 weeks of build between shows. if on the night after payback you announce bryan is stripped, a world title ladder match at the show and a traditional mitb match you would overwhelm and confuse some of those watching and none of the announcements would end up having any real impact.

people like meltzer back in may were saying that wwe were always doing 2 matches if bryan wasn't fit.

wwe might book some stuff on the fly on raw but i bet vince already has next years rumble winners down to 3 or less and we already know wwe sent out surveys recently asking fans who they want to see taking on lesnar at summerslam for the wwe title so they have that mainevent already set in their minds.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Am i right in saying that the powers that be dont want Ziggler near Flair and will only have Flair back managing if its the Miz

I would guess so.

Ric is managing Charlotte on the big Madison Square Garden Live Event too. There's also talk of bringing her up (early) to the main roster with Ric.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I think they'll go with Ambrose if Wade can't make it.

Rollins is HHHs buddy now. No reason Hunter can't put him in a title match anytime he wants it(which raises more logical questions but hey ho).

Ambrose winning makes the most sense to me now. And cashing in on a newly crowned Roman Reigns sometime down the line is a mouth watering prospect.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,967 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Out of the 3 names mentioned, Miz is the only one i'd want to see in there. Mainly because the title match already has all the non ladder match guys which makes the briefcase match better for the guys who can do the higher risk spots.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Out of the 3 mentioned Id like the Miz, mainly so Rollins can curb stomp his face on a ladder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,967 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just seeing you say "curb stomp" reminds me, I'm surprised the WWE allow the move and call it a curb stomp. Just not very PG when you think about it. All I think when i see it is "bite the curb"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Just seeing you say "curb stomp" reminds me, I'm surprised the WWE allow the move and call it a curb stomp. Just not very PG when you think about it. All I think when i see it is "bite the curb"

Especially since it has no fewer than 2 other names. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 85,888 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

rovert wrote: »
    Alvarez says the replacements for Wade are Big Show, Mark Henry or The Miz.

YAY!

No Christian :mad:

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    No Christian :mad:

I think its for his own good Liz. Any high risk bumps are off the menu with him

I think its for his own good Liz. Any high risk bumps are off the menu with him

He should bring back his peep show, his first guest could be Daniel Bryan at the ppv

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

rossie1977 wrote: »
    they have like 3 weeks of build between shows. if on the night after payback you announce bryan is stripped, a world title ladder match at the show and a traditional mitb match you would overwhelm and confuse some of those watching and none of the announcements would end up having any real impact.

people like meltzer back in may were saying that wwe were always doing 2 matches if bryan wasn't fit.

wwe might book some stuff on the fly on raw but i bet vince already has next years rumble winners down to 3 or less and we already know wwe sent out surveys recently asking fans who they want to see taking on lesnar at summerslam for the wwe title so they have that mainevent already set in their minds.

The only people who would be confused are those who can't dress themselves without a lot of help :pac: Announce Bryan is stripped, then say there will be two matches to sort the situation out. One will be to determine the new champion, while the other will be a traditional MITB match for the briefcase. Anyone who can't follow that.....

As for having main events planned out, Daniel Bryan was added to the Wrestlemania main event only a couple of weeks before hand, after they were forced into it. The Rollins turn was decided at most the day before. They haven't a clue what is happening next month, let along six months time.

The problem is, some (obviously not all) of WWE/wrestling fans are that dumb. Have ya ever seen some of the mularky that does be on youtube comments and FB pages. Some people are down right fools.

Why do you think there are so many "rewinds" and recaps and the likes, some fans cant keep up.

That being said Id say most fans with a decent IQ can follow the most complicated of WWE angles. WWE just dumbs things down for the idiots to keep them there.

Reigns is looking the obvious choice to win the title so I presume HHH will screw him somehow so he wont win to build their feud and SS match

It is shame Wade is out of another title opportunity ladder match again

I hope Mark Henry takes Wade's spot

The problem is, some (obviously not all) of WWE/wrestling fans are that dumb. Have ya ever seen some of the mularky that does be on youtube comments and FB pages. Some people are down right fools.

Why do you think there are so many "rewinds" and recaps and the likes, some fans cant keep up.

That being said Id say most fans with a decent IQ can follow the most complicated of WWE angles. WWE just dumbs things down for the idiots to keep them there.

Personally, I think the recaps are to kill time. The more time they can kill with recaps, did you know, coming up etc. the less work they have to do. That's why Smackdown has so many. I honestly think if you took out the recaps and all the other time wasting, along with the commercials and Raw would last about an hour.

Someone should time it. Not it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,085 ✭✭✭✭CSF

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Reigns is looking the obvious choice to win the title so I presume HHH will screw him somehow so he wont win to build their feud and SS match

It is shame Wade is out of another title opportunity ladder match again

I hope Mark Henry takes Wade's spot
    Henry for me too yeah. Swagger the closest thing to a monster in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Think I would (unfortunately) agree with Alan4L here picking John Cena as the winner for the title ladder match
    Man oh man, so many moving parts in the main event scene to really determine what the best course of action is here. What’s going to happen with Brock?When’s Bryan going to be fit? These things both play huge into who should have the belt. Reigns is the guy on fire, but personally I think it’s way too soon for him to be champion and it would hurt him in the long-run. Orton has been neutered beyond belief so it shouldn’t be him. Sheamus and Alberto are way too low down the totem pole at this point to be considered. Cesaro would make a great champion, especially with Heyman by his side but I don’t think he fits with what’s currently going on. Wyatt could work in a lot of ways but not in terms of doing anything with Brock. And so we’re left with one.

http://fightgameblog.com/2014/06/who-will-win-at-money-in-the-bank/

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Anybody but Cena winning the WWE World Heavyweight Championship, do we really need/want another Cena title run...... I know i don't.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Anybody but Cena winning the WWE World Heavyweight Championship, do we really need/want another Cena title run...... I know i don't.

No we don't but the point is that the winner of the title ladder is likely to wrestle Lesnar at SummerSlam and John Cena is the top favourite. I could see them going in other directions and maybe even taking a short punt on Reigns but Cena could be a transitional champ without much harm.

The Lesnar thing is largely rumour though, if he wins the title at Summerslam/in September he has limited dates and it would be stupid to have him lose anywhere other than Mania.

There is a poster going around that is supposed to be for Summerslam. Dont know if it is real or not but it has
    Lesnar and Cena
    which suggests thats the plan. Assuming it's the real one.
    The Lesnar thing is largely rumour though, if he wins the title at Summerslam/in September he has limited dates and it would be stupid to have him lose anywhere other than Mania.

Brock likes money. Give him more and he'll work as many dates as needed.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    There is a poster going around that is supposed to be for Summerslam. Dont know if it is real or not but it has
    Lesnar and Cena
    which suggests thats the plan. Assuming it's the real one.

Brock likes money. Give him more and he'll work as many dates as needed.

Could post a link or PM me the poster please? Haven't seen it.

Re: Brock, thing is he is v. expensive and WWE are cutting back on costs this year as they're losing like $50m and I don't know if spending the dosh on him would be worth the ROI

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Hey dudes,
    I put a small bet on this Sunday, all the favourites...Paige, Cena, etc...

But looking at the briefcase match, and going with the logic Rollins & Ambrose take each other out, and a babyface winning the belts...

Do you think the office are ready to give Swagger another chance? To gamble on him not to let them down again with DUI's & arrests etc?

I would be mega surprised at Swagger getting the briefcase as he is way down on the totem pole.

I wouldn't bank on them treating Ambrose particularly well ie. as a main-eventer but could see him winning it if a heel gets the belt.

Fwiw, Sandow won a briefcase and was buried, Orton won one but was already a made guy. Year before, Cena won one but was a made guy obvs. and Ziggler won a case and is now buried ie. they no longer believe he is a draw.

I doubt they believe in Swagger as a draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

I would be mega surprised at Swagger getting the briefcase as he is way down on the totem pole.

I wouldn't bank on them treating Ambrose particularly well ie. as a main-eventer but could see him winning it if a heel gets the belt.

Fwiw, Sandow won a briefcase and was buried, Orton won one but was already a made guy. Year before, Cena won one but was a made guy obvs. and Ziggler won a case and is now buried ie. they no longer believe he is a draw.

I doubt they believe in Swagger as a draw.

Good points, but it was only 14 months ago he was penciled in to win the WHC before getting into trouble

Agree they don't see him as a draw(for now), just wonder will they ever again...

WWE brass these days seem to think that once someone can't draw then they'll never draw. Bullsh*t but whatever.

WWE brass these days seem to think that once someone can't draw then they'll never draw. Bullsh*t but whatever.

Hunter is lucky this view was different when he was TerraRyzing the wrestling world.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Is Big E vs Rusev on the PPV? They had a heat building altercation on Raw. Somewhat enjoyed their last match actually.

Im hoping so and hopefully its given more time !!!!

Lol @ Swagger winning MITB.

Do people not remember his WHC run in 2010? Or the fact he's injured 2 other guys on the roster...or that he was busted for weed when he getting a major push.

I'd be surprised if he's not cut soon tbh.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I think Ambrose could win it.

Would drag on the Rollins feud longer and he would become a bigger thorn in the Authorities side.
    Have Rollins beat him at their first official singles match , Then Ambrose wants one more match but only if he puts his MITB case on the line etc

• Advertisement

I think Ambrose could win it.

Would drag on the Rollins feud longer and he would become a bigger thorn in the Authorities side.
    Have Rollins beat him at their first official singles match , Then Ambrose wants one more match but only if he puts his MITB case on the line etc

Definitely a direction they could go in.

Could also flip flop that. Have Rollins win the case and have Dean constantly attack and interfere in his matches and mess with his head, Rollins snaps and agrees to a match at Summerslam with the case on the line.

The ultimate payoff of this feud is Dean getting revenge on Rollins. Adding the case to the mix just adds another layer to what can become a great feud.

Advertisement