Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Money in the Bank 2014 Thread *POSSIBLE PPV SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,018 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Don't think Rusev will be in it unless he's going to win which is very unlikely at this point. Hopefully he stays undefeated until the feud with Cena (or did he lose a match by disqualification once? Anyway they could still say he hasn't been pinned).

Probably a fair point, don't think he has lost at all. Just throw in Big Show or Ryback or another monster guy to make up the numbers for the dynamics of it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Lets say the 8 are:

ADR/Orton/Sheamus/Cesaro/Cena/Bray/Ziggler and Rollins(if you dont do Rollins v Ambrose)

4 possible winners there imo.

Do you do a 2nd match for the case? Rumours going around that they want to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Did anyone listen to last night's/this morning's Wrestling Observer Radio? I thought I heard Dave Meltzer say he knew who would be winning the title but didn't want to spoil it. Unless I misheard him that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,560 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Did anyone see there's only seven spots.. So three left.
    Who do people think will be in the minor ladder match?. Rhodes, Ziggler, Sandow, BNB, Big E, Swagger and santino maybe.

Bo Dallas and Kofi too

Is Ambrose Vs Rollins lined up for this ppv too?

I'd say Ambrose v Rollins is a cert, they even had the commentators emphasising Ambrose above Reigns in the betrayal.

• Advertisement

They could have Rollins in the match and have Ambrose/Reigns run in and beat the holy hell out of him.

Could easily see that happen.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    They could have Rollins in the match and have Ambrose/Reigns run in and beat the holy hell out of him.

Could easily see that happen.

I don't think so just because of the timeline of the PPVs, they'll have Rollins v Ambrose at MITB, v Reigns at Battleground, allowing the much discussed Reigns v HHH (the supposed big one) take place at Summerslam. What Rollins and Ambrose will be doing at Summerslam I'm not sure, possibly against each other again, possibly involved in the HHH Reigns feud, or possibly Ambrose will have turned by then too.

CSF wrote: »
    I don't think so just because of the timeline of the PPVs, they'll have Rollins v Ambrose at MITB, v Reigns at Battleground, allowing the much discussed Reigns v HHH (the supposed big one) take place at Summerslam. What Rollins and Ambrose will be doing at Summerslam I'm not sure, possibly against each other again, possibly involved in the HHH Reigns feud, or possibly Ambrose will have turned by then too.

You're probably right.

Rollins v Ambrose could easily overshadow the ladder match though.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    You're probably right.

Rollins v Ambrose could easily overshadow the ladder match though.

It's the best match I can think of right now with Bryan out injured. It will be absolute gold.

Personally I think they could have left out Del Rio and Sheamus and really focused the title ladder match around the Shield's implosion by having all 3 of them plus Orton in it. Maybe they will still do that but it would leave no room for Cena so that's a no.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,560 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Did anyone listen to last night's/this morning's Wrestling Observer Radio? I thought I heard Dave Meltzer say he knew who would be winning the title but didn't want to spoil it. Unless I misheard him that is.

Do you think there could be two world champs given there is still two belts

• Advertisement

I hope not. WHC is damaged goods and the brand extension is long dead.

Have one guy(Cesaro) win decisively.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Bo Dallas and Kofi too

Is Ambrose Vs Rollins lined up for this ppv too?

Well I heard rumours that Triple vs Reigns will happen at Summerslam, but you would expect Rollins to take on both Reigns and Ambrose individually at some point.
    I had a thought that it could be Riegns/Ambrose vs HHH/Rollins, but can't see Triple H wrestling this ppv.
    I really really like Bo Dalla's gimmick. Would love to see his promo's coming up to the ppv.
    I can see Bray Wyatt and Cena being in the wwe title match as well. I don't expect either Reigns, Ambrose or Rollins to be in it.
    My card would personally be for the PPV ;

Divas Championship

Paige vs. Alicia

Paige winner.

Rusev vs. Joe soap

Continues his winning streak, doesn't effect anyone yet.

Tag Team Championship

The Uso's vs. **** knows

Rybaxel, with prime time and the real americans split up, NAO awol and well I'm not sure about the Rhodes brothers, personally if they split I'd want the match on Summerslam. I will put the Rhodes brothers in the M.I.T.B match. There's also no point in taking the titles of Jimmy and Jey. Personally Rybaxel are horrendous as a duo.

M.I.T.B Ladder Match

Golddust vs. C.Rhodes vs. RVD vs The Miz vs. D.Sandow vs. H.Slater vs. D.Mcintyre vs. Kane

I'd either want Cody or Drew to win , tbh I've written this last and run out of idea's ha so its ****e and makes no sense.

I.C Title

B'N'B vs. D.Ziggler

I like the I.C title, yes Barrett and Ziggler should probably be in the money in the bank match at least, but this could be a very good fued and keeps the title relevant, why push Barrett hard, I couldn't even see him win the M.I.T.B ladder match to be honest. Barrett wins anyway. This fued can continue.

Dean Ambrose vs. Seth Rollins.

No outside interference. Rollins wins thus proving it was the right decision to screw over the shield, he's better than them yadadada. I could see the wwe throwing this match on a raw before the ppv with Rollins then taking on Reigns at Money In The Bank, personally I think it should be on a PPV.

WWEHEAVYWEIGHTCHAMPIONSHIPLADDERMATCH

Alberto Del Rio(how the hell did he get here)vs. Sheamus vs. Cesaro vs. Orton vs. Cena vs. B.Wyatt vs. D. Bryan

D.Bryan wins, retains. This will be an absolute clusterf*ck of a match. Wyatts will come in and attack Cena, Reigns and Ambrose come in attack Orton. Bryan comes back on the night and retains.

I'm not sure where the Wyatt/Cena feud is going in WWE, im not sure whos coming out of it and how it will end.

I know this might come across as cheeky and all, seeing as the thread is clearly labelled and all, but is there any way the spoiler thing can be looked at in the PPV threads by those with the power.

I would like to be able to talk about the PPV without someone posting inside info as to the winner, I dunno if other people feel the same or I should just avoid these threads.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Do you think there could be two world champs given there is still two belts

They're too short on main event wrestlers to even try to have two world belts of equal standing. The World Title having been the number 2 belt for years notwithstanding. They don't even have two separate TV shows of equal standing since Raw went to 3hrs and important stuff rarely hapoens on Smackdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

As much as you wont like it, Kane makes sense as short term champion. Triple H and Orton are busy. Cena is also babyface which would be a massive waste of Bryan's return afterwards. Rollins, Cesaro etc. all deserve a decent first reign rather than a filler reign like this would/will be. It's entirely their own fault that they have so few options. Better booking in recent years and the likes of Sandow or Ziggler could have stepped in for a couple of months to keep the title warm.

I think having Orton win is perfectly fine imo.

He can hold it for 2-3 months til DB comes back and he can win it back.

But i'd still rather have Cesaro win more then anyone else. Cena can never be discounted and if Rollins is in the match he could be a possibility also.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I know this might come across as cheeky and all, seeing as the thread is clearly labelled and all, but is there any way the spoiler thing can be looked at in the PPV threads by those with the power.

I would like to be able to talk about the PPV without someone posting inside info as to the winner, I dunno if other people feel the same or I should just avoid these threads.

If it actually gets out, a separate spoiler thread will be created. Being able to talk about an upcoming PPV for those wanting to view it as it comes is only right.

I'll also mention that we'll do our best to make sure it doesn't get spoiled. Avoiding it on the internet/social media may make it near impossible especially as it's weeks away.

Smackdown
    Bray Wyatt is in MITB

I figured he would be. Looking forward to some mad spots with the ladder.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Smackdown
    Bray Wyatt is in MITB

So im guessing
    Cena will be in it now since are we even sure that their rivalry is over

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

So I guess its looking like it will now be (at a guess)

World title ladder match

MITB ladder match

Rollins vs Ambrose

Rusev crush segment or as some would call it match

Paige title defense

The Usos vs most likely Harper & Rowan

and maybe a WeeLC match with Hornswaggle vs El Torito

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Anyone else think there won't be a MITB match?

KingJamsie wrote: »
    Anyone else think there won't be a MITB match?

Strong rumours that they want to do one.

I think it'd be a big mistake to not have one. It adds a lot of intrigue when it's done right.

Having 2 matches usually means you'll get 2 great matches too as no-one wants to be shown up by the other match, and it'll give some mid-carders or younger talent a chance to showcase what they can do.

As long as the contract winner doesn't do constant jobs for 6 months straight of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

To be fair, I don't remember the winner of a match ever been spoiled on a PPV thread. In fact they rarely get spoiled anywhere online surprisingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,026 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

To be fair, I don't remember the winner of a match ever been spoiled on a PPV thread. In fact they rarely get spoiled anywhere online surprisingly.

Aye its all guess work really, nearly all outcomes to be fair can be predicted by most online people if they follow the booking of it.

Fair play to Meltzer, knows the winner, but can't say, why even bother saying that ffs:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Melty is the worst for teasing things but I can't talk about it on the air, I'll tell you after.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I think it's in case he is wrong. This way he can't be proved wrong.

Uso's vs Rowan and Harper added, for the Tag Team titles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Meltzer is full of sh**

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Meltzer is full of sh**

Could not agree anymore!!

Advertisement