Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Money in the Bank 2014 Thread *POSSIBLE PPV SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Only to lose to Lesnar in two months. And that's my point as to why Reigns, Bray or Cesaro shouldn't have won last night. Reigns especially deserves a great first reign and he is just at the cusp at it. Had he won last night , we would all of course think it's an amazing moment, but if he went on face Lesnar there is no way he is walking out with the belt, so his reign (Ha!) would be remembered more for Lesnar stopping it.

I think it's best to have Reigns beat Lesnar down the line for the belt, rather than being nothing more than an interm champion.

Which is why Lesnar winning the title at Summerslam is a ridiculous move. It's way, way too soon.

He shouldn't be winning the title until Survivor Series or Royal Rumble.

They've booked themselves into a corner. Lesnar v Cena is a huge match with or without the title.

I miss the days WWE used to have the balls to take risks. Cena might be the logical choice, but he's the conservative and groan inducing choice too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Ridley

I'm curious as to how many thought it was obvious that Cena was winning before the Summerslam poster was leaked.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

I like how Cena was virtually unseen for a lot of the match, then in a bit of a meta-move, just swanned in, dumped the pair with AAs and nipped the titles; as though to say 'yeah, lads, that's enough of that messing'.

I look forward to Cena and Heyman going it at on the microphone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I agree with this why do they even need to give Lesnar the title, Look at the staredown between Cena and Reigns that match right there is money , Have Reigns destroy Orton and then have HHH unveil the ultimate plan B to get the title back CENA

With Bryan coming back and Reigns you then have two massive faces in the company so you can afford Cena going to the dark side even just for a little while ,

Where as now the Authority are just going to conveniently forget about the title they've been trying to get off Bryan since WM and just fight with Reigns and Ambrose .....pretty poor if you ask me

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 302 ✭✭JonKelleher

Oh my God J.R., oh my God!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

It should be Lesnar challenging for the belt because it makes sense. Lesnar destroyed Undertaker, and before the match Paul mentioned in a promo how Lesnar ultimately has his eyes on the belt. Lesnar crushed the fans dreams by breaking the streak, now he will pour salt on the wounds by taking the belt. The title is he only place Lesner should go after 'Mania as there are no other mountains for him to climb.

But the thing with Lesnar if he wins the Title whats he going to do dissapear with it till Survivor Series ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

But the thing with Lesnar if he wins the Title whats he going to do dissapear with it till Survivor Series ?

Yup, and while I loathed that when it happened with The Rock, it can work with Lesnar.

He takes the belt because , as he told us , he doesn't do this for the fans, it's all about the money. If he has the belt his pay goes up, so he will use his limited dates to his advantage and watch the money come in.

Now you'll have wrestlers doing their best to show they should go on to face Lesnar and win the belt back, but HHH and co know they have to be careful with who they pick because they only have 3 or 4 shots at getting the belt back.

It creates a great sense of urgency among the talent, wrestlers out doing each other every week to show that it should be them that takes on Lesnar, and creates a big fight feel every time one steps in the ring with Lesnar. It didn't work with The Rock because he didn't focus on the belt, but Heyman is too good to not make it about the belt.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,145 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Cena was the correct call.

Orton as champion is pure ridiculous, it's too early for Reigns, and you can beat Cena quite soon and it's not going to affect him one iota.

as long as this is transitional, it's a good move IMO.

Also, while we've seen that match before, Cena/Lesnar 2 for the title is a solid main event for SummerSlam tbh - the best they've got if Bryan isn't back.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Yup, and while I loathed that when it happened with The Rock, it can work with Lesnar.

He takes the belt because , as he told us , he doesn't do this for the fans, it's all about the money. If he has the belt his pay goes up, so he will use his limited dates to his advantage and watch the money come in.

Now you'll have wrestlers doing their best to show they should go on to face Lesnar and win the belt back, but HHH and co know they have to be careful with who they pick because they only have 3 or 4 shots at getting the belt back.

It creates a great sense of urgency among the talent, wrestlers out doing each other every week to show that it should be them that takes on Lesnar, and creates a big fight feel every time one steps in the ring with Lesnar. It didn't work with The Rock because he didn't focus on the belt, but Heyman is too good to not make it about the belt.

That'd work, and while he's gone you can push guys into the main event scene without it being for too early title runs. Basically turn the main event into a proving ground with more than the usual guys going for the title, it'd be like the attitude days when more than 2 people at a time actually wanted to be champ.

Plus it adds to Brock's "you should be glad I'm here at all" kinda persona

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    I like how Cena was virtually unseen for a lot of the match, then in a bit of a meta-move, just swanned in, dumped the pair with AAs and nipped the titles; as though to say 'yeah, lads, that's enough of that messing'.

I look forward to Cena and Heyman going it at on the microphone.

Heyman & Cena going back n' forth on the microphone, just hope it's serious Cena who shows up & not the goofy Cena - If that makes sense.

Yes, Lesnar/Cena is the best option. But that's a damning indictment of WWE booking and storytelling in the past few months imo.

With the right booking, Cesaro/Bray Wyatt or Reigns could be ready to hold that title.

That being said, factors out of their hands haven't helped(Punk walking, DB getting hurt).

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Yes, Lesnar/Cena is the best option. But that's a damning indictment of WWE booking and storytelling in the past few months imo.

With the right booking, Cesaro/Bray Wyatt or Reigns could be ready to hold that title.

That being said, factors out of their hands haven't helped(Punk walking, DB getting hurt).

Totally agree with all of this they took the rug out from under Wyatt putting him with Cena, Well not so much putting him with Cena but the storyline they went with it was like Rise above Hate mark 2, which unless Cena is actually going to turn is never going to work

As for Cesaro I know putting with Heyman seems like a great move but in doing so they took away alot of what made him popular , His entrance music his WE THE PEOPLE shtick when in reality they could have had him stick with Colter and booted Swagger off somewhere quite , and then used Heyman on some one else

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

It's tricky to book a match like Cena vs. Brock for WWE title since it is a terrible idea for someone who is a part-timer who is limited with his dates to be WWE Champion (see The Rock 2013) and you also don't want the guy who defeated the streak to lose as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,145 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

mxph3 wrote: »
    It's tricky to book a match like Cena vs. Brock for WWE title since it is a terrible idea for someone who is a part-timer who is limited with his dates to be WWE Champion (see The Rock 2013) and you also don't want the guy who defeated the streak to lose as well.

give Brock a few more dates if need be. he doesn't need to be on RAW every week, just regularly is all.

Brock should decisively destroy Cena, and be built up to be beaten for the title at Wrestlemania by Reigns, Bryan or whoever IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,875 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So many former WWE employee signs including Punk, JTG and JR.

Think the MitB match was the best of the night. I think it made all involved look good and even made me believe someone other than Rollins or Ambrose could win. It even made RVD look good. And I was sure Ambrose was injured since he sold it so well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Heyman & Cena going back n' forth on the microphone, just hope it's serious Cena who shows up & not the goofy Cena - If that makes sense.

I think he's contractually obligated to goof-out at least twice a feud, so here's hoping they're relegated to Smackdown-filler and all the A+, Cena-as-preacher material stays on Mondays.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    I think he's contractually obligated to goof-out at least twice a feud, so here's hoping they're relegated to Smackdown-filler and all the A+, Cena-as-preacher material stays on Mondays.

I'm expecting lots of jokes directed at Paul's portly physique.

JR speaking sense;
    WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross is back with a new blog on jrsbarbq.com. As always, you can purchase JR's BBQ products on WWEshop.com. Ross wrote about last night's Money In the Bank pay-per-view:

"If you read my Twitter time line @JRsBBQ you will see the verbal beating that I'm taking, don't ask me why, because @JohnCena is once again the WWE World Champion. I actually find some of the tweets funny as hell and to think that a guy who doesn't work for WWE has ANYTHING to do with what went down Sunday night in Boston is an eye roller.

Firstly....I have zero issues on the creative direction that WWE chose by putting Cena back in the key spot. They know, as does John, that Cena doesn't need the title to sell tickets, PPV's, or merch. However, they also know that Cena is the perfect talent to put the title on someone else, I'm still advocating Brock Lesnar at Summer Slam, which will then facilitate Lesnar passing the title to a younger upcoming star (Roman Reigns at WM31).

I can only hope that based on the Tweets that I've received in the past 24 hours or so that many of the fans in question take their every day lives, their families and their jobs as seriously as they do who won a show biz, pro wrestling title.

That's akin to me still being pissed at poor, old Bruce Dern for killing John Wayne in 'The Cowboys.' Silly, right?

I would also speculate that many within WWE including Cena himself knows that John is over exposed but main event talent depth is not overly prevalent in today's WWE and it's a process that takes time. Establishing new stars of which we are seeing with talents like Ambrose, Rollins, Reigns, Bray Wyatt, Harper & Rowan, Big E, etc isn't an exact science and generally takes multiple years to accomplish.

The key to developing new main eventers is making sure that everyone is evolving and not living in their own, personal comfort zone and that starts with every member of the roster with no exceptions.

Remember, when one stops growing professionally they simply start 'dying.'

My favorite matches at MITB were the Usos vs. Harper/Rowan and the first MITB Ladder Match. The show was a solid watch on my iPad from the patio but it wasn't a 'great' show. Few are these days. The two divas bouts and the Sandow/Rose business seemed to hamper the momentum that seemed to be building in the arena but that's merely my observation as I was far from Boston on Sunday night."

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Rollins is Mr MITB.

Fantastic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

So did anyone see me at MITB?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

I wasn't really paying attention for the cena or batista pushes, but were they anywhere near as clearly outlined as Reigns's has been? Since Brock beat taker has anyone been expecting anything other than reigns winning the rumble and facing Brock at mania?

I assume Brock was originally gonna win the title at the rumble but between the network and Bryan, that's changed but the reigns side of things is very much on track.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Found it hilarious that everytime Cena was in the ring, he took a finisher and rolled out..how long was he actually in the ring throughout the match?

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Seen the PPV, slept, and thought about it all day...how bad was the main event?!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

KingJamsie wrote: »
    Seen the PPV, slept, and thought about it all day...how bad was the main event?!

Well John Cena being one more Championship reign away from Ric Flair's record 16, so yeah that's bad...

Just getting around to watch this now, Kofi got his big spot done early. :P

EDIT: Kane. FFS. Way to ruin a good match.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Horrible ppv, I like to think I can see the positive in ppv but money in the bank was dire, the crowd seemed good to, it just seemed all the terrible stuff dragged it down. Adam rose stuff not necessary as wa the fandango stuff , main event never got out of gear

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

ciano316 wrote: »
    So did anyone see me at MITB?

Many times. :pac:

Some other good signs about, particularly liked "Seth can't mosh" and "If bray loses we Wyatt".

I loved the MITB match apart from the screwy finish. It was always going to be too early for Ambrose to get his payoff though, but I sure marked out when he came back in.

Tag champ match was good and the rest was watchable but definitely underwhelming beside the odd couple of nice spots in the champ ladder match. Credit where it's due the RKO off the ladder was brilliantly delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Tag champ match was good and the rest was watchable but definitely underwhelming beside the odd couple of nice spots in the champ ladder match. Credit where it's due the RKO off the ladder was brilliantly delivered.

Esp when Randy was cut open bad the hard way. Medics did a good job keeping in the blood for so long considering the size of the cut, because when he did bleed, he bleed bad. Could of been as bad as Matt Hardy at Summerslam if the medics weren't on hand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Sirsok wrote: »
    Horrible ppv, I like to think I can see the positive in ppv but money in the bank was dire, the crowd seemed good to, it just seemed all the terrible stuff dragged it down. Adam rose stuff not necessary as wa the fandango stuff , main event never got out of gear
    Oh come on. Horrible? Really? Usos vs The Wyatts-Very good. Paige vs Naomi-good, Rose vs Sandow-Least favourite bit of the night. MITB match-Very good. Rusev vs Big E-Good. Layla vs Summer Rae-Was alright for the time they were given Main Event-ok. Hardly a horrible PPV

Advertisement