Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Money in the Bank 2014 Thread *POSSIBLE PPV SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

''John Cena, the greatest WWE champion in history''
    There we go lads

• Registered Users Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭The White Feather

I really hope Cena doesnt win this!

Great match!

I was hoping they wouldn't go this route but I almost knew it would happen

• Site Banned Posts: 433 ✭✭Donegal Dan

Well the bookies odds were flipping forward and back between Cena and Kane. It was always going to be one or the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

for someone they call "The Demon", Kane has been quite helpful thisevening

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Normal service has resumed.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,151 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

350x700px-LL-028dbaa1_giphy.gif

So tired of Cena title reigns.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

''John Cena, the greatest WWE champion in history''
    There we go lads

Lazy ****e did nothing in the match until the end

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Ridley wrote: »
    So you'd think. ;)

----

Oh they actually went the three hours. Been a while!
    Hey, I meant to screw Reigns, I said nothing about screwing Cena :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

InB4 **** storm

23f.gif

On the money.

Cena is now just one win short of Flair's record?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 halfahead

Well that was a good match. If you like having 6 people lying around like gob****es at any given time and then the Harlem Globe Trotters winning having failed to do anything of note throughout the match, effectively making 7 'main eventers' look thoroughly useless. Good oul WWE.

I blame myself actually. I'm a grown man, I should be in bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

Just when you think WWE might be getting their sh1t together, they go and do this.

Again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Way happier Cena got it than Kane or Orton. Feels like years since Cena was WWE Champion.

Dunno though. Those two ladder matches were a small bit disappointing. Not bad or anything but two of the lowest in terms of great spots.
    ^^^Spoiled by great MITB matches

• Registered Users Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭Ridley

Still time for Rollins to cash in on the post-show. ;)

Cena is now just one win short of Flair's record?

Yep, that's a disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Really not getting the Cena hate to be honest. I know he is stale as fcuk but he is probably the only one in there that would be a credible champion AND that a short-run wouldn't hurt him. If Reigns, Cesaro, Sheamus, Orton or Bray had won, the damage a shot run with the title would have caused to them isn't worth it. Meanwhile Kane and Del Rio just wouldn't be credible champions.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

FIFTEEN TIME CHAMP

BrWKEi2IAAASPHt.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I give this show a 5/10.

The Uso's vs. The Wyatts, Paige vs. Naomi, two MITB matches are the only things worth checking out.

I did prefer MITB for WWE Championship over MITB for MITB briefcase.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Ric Flair we comin' for you nigga!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭The White Feather

What they should do on Raw tomorrow night like I said earlier, is have Rusev come out and make Cena tap out in the Camel Clutch then Seth Rollins cash in!

But this really leads to Lesnar v Cena

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

CANT WAIT for Cena vs. Lesnar part II :D

oh and stop b1tching about "lol cena wins lololol". Reigns? too early. same goes for Cesaro. Sheamus, Del Rio, Orton, Kane? yawn times 4.

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Really not getting the Cena hate to be honest. I know he is stale as fcuk but he is probably the only one in there that would be a credible champion AND that a short-run wouldn't hurt him. If Reigns, Cesaro, Sheamus, Orton or Bray had won, the damage a shot run with the title would have caused to them isn't worth it. Meanwhile Kane and Del Rio just wouldn't be credible champions.

Why would they have had short runs? Why couldn't they have had longer ones, especially given Bryan said he is going to be out longer than expected?

Going with Cena means we are going with, as you said, a stale, "safe" option with very little new ground to cover....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Not a great match for me,good but the first was much better.Didn't see the opener which was suppose to be very good.Numb to the "Cena wins lol" by now,I skip the majority of his segments these days anyway:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭Ridley

I liked the whole show but Cena's win was anticlimactic.

4/10

What did the moaners expect?

Cesaro, Reigns and even Wyatt cant win their first title at a match like this, its not big enough (I dont think Wyatt is good enough for it full stop, but many do). Seamus? No. That ship has sailed. Maybe for good. That left Orton or Cena. Kane was thrown in as a possible swerve so lets take him out of the equation too.

So Cena had a one in two chance of winning and people didnt expect it?

Edit: PS: Del Rio is such a non entity I completely forgot about him :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Why would they have had short runs? Why couldn't they have had longer ones, especially given Bryan said he is going to be out longer than expected?

Going with Cena means we are going with, as you said, a stale, "safe" option with very little new ground to cover....
    But you're getting Cena vs Lesnar for the title at Summerslam. That's a big money match right there. Look, at the end of the day WWE is a business. The 6 month sign up for anyone who got the Network ends around Summerslam. Great way to get buys for not only the PPV and also the Network as well as getting people to sign up for the Network and renew subscriptions for it. And Bryan being out "longer than expected" could be anywhere from Summerslam to Survivor Series, most likely Night of Champions.

So Cena had a one in two chance of winning and people didnt expect it?

Yes, People did expect it as we have become used to expecting the expected from WWE by now despite their contant claims that we should expect the unexpected.

That's why you hear the moaning, it's boring. Worse even than the Hogan domination era.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

despite their contant claims that we should expect the unexpected.

That's the World Wrestling Federation you're thinking of there...

I honestly don't believe Cena vs Brock is a big draw at all; we saw it over a year ago and Cena already beat him clean, during a confidence crisis. Brock would draw better against a fresher opponent and would be better off giving someone like Reigns a win to continue a super push which could have started tonight.

WWE went the safe option and will retread old ground. It was the least interesting ending to he match.

I mean... Even if they had the Authority help Cena win (not turn him heel, mind) and say they think Cena winning is best for business... At least that's something new and opens up a fresh angle. But looks like we are getting Cena vs the Authority again, against Brock again....it just bores me.....

• Advertisement

Yes, People did expect it as we have become used to expecting the expected from WWE by now despite their contant claims that we should expect the unexpected.

That's why you hear the moaning, it's boring. Worse even than the Hogan domination era.

So you'd have gone with the only other realistic option of Orton?

Advertisement