Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you done ecstasy or MDMA.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

tolow wrote: »
    Really enjoyed that documentary, it was a very interesting insight into MDMA!!

Plenty of quality out there mate, just do some research and u can find plenty of reports from the continent listing the good and bad pills available!!

People say they dont like it never will bla bla bla.. See what they say when they've tried one of the better pills available or else some MDMA crystals!! It is possibly one of the most amazing experiences, especially when surrounded by good friends!!

Heroin addicts and crack addicts say the same thing, all these mess with chemicals in your body and why lots of people who these long term suffer from depression because there body can't cope, so the cycle continues. I wonder how many that you know commited suicide where advocates of these.

It's a seesaw for amazing highs comes amazing lows, I just hope none of the advocates would be drug pushers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

You do not comprehend economics or mathematics. The effect of one consumer not consuming is not zero. It may be very, very small, but it is not zero. Your view is a manifesto for not giving a damn. "Me stopping supporting violent crime won;t make much of a difference, so why should I bother?"

While I don't fully agree with you, you are right about this attitude of not doing something because of being just one person. That's a really negative attitude. It's simple supply and demand. People really underestimate the power of their choices, especially how they vote with their wallets. Reduce the demand, reduce the supply.

I have to admit maybe Im a bit like this!.. Kinda like parachuting..i would like to try it once in my life just to know what its like..but i think im too chicken!

Maybe if I knew I only had 24 hrs to live or something..id go get off my face ;)

But ecstasy is not really comparable to other class A drugs. Have a look at the 4od docu.
    Really enjoyed that documentary, it was a very interesting insight into MDMA!!

Plenty of quality out there mate, just do some research and u can find plenty of reports from the continent listing the good and bad pills available!!

People say they dont like it never will bla bla bla.. See what they say when they've tried one of the better pills available or else some MDMA crystals!! It is possibly one of the most amazing experiences, especially when surrounded by good friends!!

Oh I know, it's just like not a priority or anything. I don't really question the safety of it if you're responsible. I quite like the Netherlands approach, promoting testing, and offering free testing and that has resulted in way less deaths here. They just have a more logical approach to things overall. One of the political parties D66 was handing out fake ecstasy pills before Kings Day, as a means to inform people about the dangers of not testing. They just have a more realistic approach, they know people will be using them anyway, so they prioritise safety. More countries should follow suit.

Here's a website that explains the good and the bad and the is from the pure kind as well.

http://www.drugs.com/mdma.html

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭tolow

I see where people come from with the argument about u don't know what these chemicals do to your body etc. But as we all know if alcohol or tobacco products were only discovered now there is not a chance that these products would be legalized for human consumption.

There are very few side effects of pure mdma. There is a chance that a user may take a reaction but these chances are very slim. Most deaths are caused because of pma or other impurities or else overheating. There are side effects to alcohol which can also kill!

I have a pretty educated opinion on this subject coming from a scientific background. Obviously when ppl abuse these drugs excessively there will be damaging consequences but i dont think moderate usage causes huge damage. Professor Nutt from the Uk has some very interesting views on the usage of mdma and has got himself into some trouble with government in the UK. I advise some ppl to read some of his research articles and give themselves an educated view on the topic.

If u decide to take mdma u must be responsible in your usage and take responsibilty and make sure what u are taking is in fact mdma and not pma/pmma!!

I think this is the kind of topic that unless u have been there yourself and taken mdma u can't have a real opinion on this! Tbh sometimes i could feel just as down the next day after a heavy day on the booze.

If u head to certain electronic music events in dublin (not edm crap like david guetta etc.) u will see very little trouble. The ppl under the influence of mdma are having the time of their lives loving one another!!

Ppl should also watch the documentary on the great chemist Shulgin who redicovered mdma and created 2cb. This documentary shows the healing side of mdma substances.

I hate when ppl judge others for deciding to take pills instead of drinking. There is a huge difference between doing a few pills at the weekend with friends and being a heroin/crack addict!

It was synthetically made by German scientists in 1912, shulgin didn't find I don't it natural in any sense of the word

• Advertisement

JamboMac wrote: »
    It was synthetically made by German scientists in 1912, shulgin didn't find I don't it natural in any sense of the word

It was discovered by merck as an apetite suppressant. If u read my post again i said shulgin REdicovered the compund. I never said shulgin discovered it originally himself. He did however discover many more compounds including the 2c- family!!

I also never said it was natural in anyway!

I wonder have most of the posters giving out about mdma on here been affected by it somehow? Because it seems most have never even tried it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭TheGlass

Nobody said it was either natural or first discovered by Shulgin. It might help if you read the above posters post properly instead of just jumping straight in with another complaint. Are you actually reading and thinking about the posters contributations you disagree with or do you refuse to even consider expanding your knowledge on the subject?

It was discovered by merck as an apetite suppressant. If u read my post again i said shulgin REdicovered the compund. I never said shulgin discovered it originally himself. He did however discover many more compounds including the 2c- family!!

I also never said it was natural in anyway!

I wonder have most of the posters giving out about mdma on here been affected by it somehow? Because it seems most have never even tried it

Sorry you may not have said it was natural but I'm sure I've read some people stating it as such and I know many of you claim that if this is illegal then beer and cigarettes should be also which I'm fine with.

But in reality we know the long term effects of these cancer and liver failure.
    The real long term effects of these are in reality unknown. Some things may be beneficial but do they outweigh the consequences, cocaine was once a medicine and know no longer is.

To me people stating the pure MDMA means not synthetic like other things stated as pure as in not man made. But if you bothered reading every ones comments you may have realised yours was a waste of time.

Sorry you may not have said it was natural but I'm sure I've read some people stating it as such and I know many of you claim that if this is illegal then beer and cigarettes should be also which I'm fine with.

But in reality we know the long term effects of these cancer and liver failure.
    The real long term effects of these are in reality unknown. Some things may be beneficial but do they outweigh the consequences, cocaine was once a medicine and know no longer is.

This was the next point I was going to state. We dont fully know the long term effects but some people have came.out one being Professor Nutt and stated that the damaging effects which were talked about during the 90's may not have actually been as bad as first thought.

I do still think though that ppl who do consume mdma must be responsible and not consume it on a regular basis!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭TheGlass

To me people stating the pure MDMA means not synthetic like other things stated as pure as in not man made. But if you bothered reading every ones comments you may have realised yours was a waste of time.

I don't think anyone calling it pure MDMA thinks its natural.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

This was the next point I was going to state. We dont fully know the long term effects but some people have came.out one being Professor Nutt and stated that the damaging effects which were talked about during the 90's may not have actually been as bad as first thought.

I do still think though that ppl who do consume mdma must be responsible and not consume it on a regular basis!

One of my mates actually works in Nutt's research group, I don't think Nutt has a big agenda and by all accounts he's a good scientist but if you read the lancelet article that got him fired you can sort of see why the politicians responded the way they did to that particular one rather than any of his other papers.

I haven't done them myself but i still might but I'm curious about the effect habitual every weekend users serotonin responses compared to some one who drinks each weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

--LOS-- wrote: »
    While I don't fully agree with you, you are right about this attitude of not doing something because of being just one person. That's a really negative attitude.
    I might agree too if there was a valid argument for having drugs illegal and if I thought you could change peoples minds one person at a time, but you can't. For every person that has a horrible experience on drugs there's a hundreds that don't.

For every mind you change there are hundreds changing their mind in the other direction. The fact is the majority of people that try drugs enjoy the experience, so telling them drugs are bad just flies in the face of their own experience. Trying to change it one person at a time is like trying to take a piss against the tide so that you can change the colour of the ocean, it's utterly futile.

I also know plenty of old drug users, people who show that you can make it to old age with the same mental capacity as anyone else their age.

One of my mates actually works in Nutt's research group, I don't think Nutt has a big agenda and by all accounts he's a good scientist but if you read the lancelet article that got him fired you can sort of see why the politicians responded the way they did to that particular one rather than any of his other papers.

I haven't done them myself but i still lmight but I'm curious about the effect habitual every weekend users serotonin responses compared to some one who drinks each weekend

As i stated in previous posts i definitely think regular usage every weekend or whatever definitely has a bad effect!! U need a break to give the brain a chance to recover and replenish serotonin levels. I'd probably consume mdma once a month and i wouldnt suffer to bad after a session with depression etc. Would be the same after a heavy drinking session

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

Sorry to hear that :(

Can you expand on 'nearly died', like what were her symptoms and then what did the doctors say happened? A heart thing?

Have you ever seen someone completely whitie and collapse and not get back up again while youre winging off your tits? I have no idea of the details.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

As i stated in previous posts i definitely think regular usage every weekend or whatever definitely has a bad effect!! U need a break to give the brain a chance to recover and replenish serotonin levels. I'd probably consume mdma once a month and i wouldnt suffer to bad after a session with depression etc. Would be the same after a heavy drinking session

I'm inclined to agree. Keep it to big events.

My rule of thumb is only take it if you're going to something that's going to be amazing - it will make it even more so. Prime examples are music festivals and gigs. I know people who have gotten into the habit of taking it in nightclubs every weekend and I don't think it's a great idea. Avoid it if you can and you'll have a better time of it. Once a month seems optimal - maybe even a bit less frequently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 FeelOfAllFeels

I think in moderation it's fine. Have had and will continue to have some of the best nights of my life on it. Only have it once every 2 to 3 months or so but every time it's just pure and utter bliss. I think if you're using it every week it's idiotic but as long as you're sensible with it you should be fine.

ScumLord wrote: »
    I might agree too if there was a valid argument for having drugs illegal and if I thought you could change peoples minds one person at a time, but you can't. For every person that has a horrible experience on drugs there's a hundreds that don't.

For every mind you change there are hundreds changing their mind in the other direction. The fact is the majority of people that try drugs enjoy the experience, so telling them drugs are bad just flies in the face of their own experience. Trying to change it one person at a time is like trying to take a piss against the tide so that you can change the colour of the ocean, it's utterly futile.

I also know plenty of old drug users, people who show that you can make it to old age with the same mental capacity as anyone else their age.

Oh I don't think it should be illegal. And I'm not trying to change anyones mind on it either. Just saying that's how supply and demand works. That is how change works, people start saying no to it (with their wallets), enough people do and it becomes the norm. I think it is a fair argument to say that if you don't want to support criminals then don't buy ecstasy. That would personally not stop me buying it, even though I never have, just saying. If you think it should be legal, then not buying it goes against that, questions only start to be raised over whether it should be legalised or not because of the high demand for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

back in the 80s and early 90s , by the mid 90's they all got exotic names, and seamed little like the white powdered MDMA from the 80's - they started to make me very depressed a couple of days after ingesting , so i quit - **** thats nearly 20 years ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

I kind of grew out of wasting all my disposable income on crap that ultimately makes you feel like crap about yourself at the end of the day anyway.

Booze, drugs, sh1tty food, fags, all one of the same to me in that sense. I work my aRse off too much to throw money at something that might make me feel "OMG AMAYYYYZING" for a relative 2.5 seconds compared to the comedown and the missing-out-on-my-own-life that will ensue in the following days.

Drugs are fun, they can be deadly, but they're a set-back IME and a giant waste of time in terms of living a productive life, feeling confident and healthy and getting sh1t done in the long run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,187 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I feel like Mr Makay for saying this ( :o ) But drugs are bad.
    Bad being you don't know whats in them and you don't know where they were made.

Each to their own in this world. Firmly believe that. But personally I just don't trust something that well, for the reasons above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭yawhat!

beks101 wrote: »
    I kind of grew out of wasting all my disposable income on crap that ultimately makes you feel like crap about yourself at the end of the day anyway.

Booze, drugs, sh1tty food, fags, all one of the same to me in that sense. I work my aRse off too much to throw money at something that might make me feel "OMG AMAYYYYZING" for a relative 2.5 seconds compared to the comedown and the missing-out-on-my-own-life that will ensue in the following days.

Drugs are fun, they can be deadly, but they're a set-back IME and a giant waste of time in terms of living a productive life, feeling confident and healthy and getting sh1t done in the long run.

Okay, I'm here if you need me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

I feel like Mr Makay for saying this ( :o ) But drugs are bad.
    Bad being you don't know whats in them and you don't know where they were made.

Each to their own in this world. Firmly believe that. But personally I just don't trust something that well, for the reasons above.

You could say the same about most food out there nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,187 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

You could say the same about most food out there nowadays.

Call me old fashioned. But I would rather trust my local butcher than some scumbag selling drugs in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Call me old fashioned. But I would rather trust my local butcher than some scumbag selling drugs in the area.

Me too, but I'm not talking about the local butcher. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,547 ✭✭✭dasdog

I've only happened across "pure" mdma once. It isn't powder of compressed pills. It is small chunks of brown sugar like Heisenberg substance that will leave you horizontal in a dream like state. What passes off as ecstasy even Speckled/White doves from 20 years ago bares no resemblance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

You knoe the way loads of people like doing drugs before doing the housework? Well I always thought it was mainly weed but friend of a friend last night was telling us he always drops some ecstasy before starting on the big clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Smoking a joint and then doing housework? Lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭desultory

Lia_lia wrote: »
    Smoking a joint and then doing housework? Lol.

Yeah....about as likely as doing a few lines of coke before going for a nap

• Advertisement

c_man wrote: »
    You knoe the way loads of people like doing drugs before doing the housework? Well I always thought it was mainly weed but friend of a friend last night was telling us he always drops some ecstasy before starting on the big clean.

no, no I don't!

Advertisement