Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*** Leaving Cert Higher Irish 2014 - Before and after discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

I usually write about 3, but i wrote 4 and a bit today because the titles were just so nice i could write about so much!

Yes also wrote 4 and a bit . If you want an a1 then you need to write more than 500 to 600 anyways .

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭A7XGirl

For the essay can we agree or disagree?
    I disagreed and wrote against one of the topics and now I fear it wil be considered off topic. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭aleatorio

peekachoo wrote: »
    I'm worried about whatever trick the SEC are playing with that listening exam... :o

I did the bochtanas essay, think im the only one in my room who didn't do young people, except another girl who did the gaeilge oraid :P

I was going to do the bochtanas essay but I didnt have enough prepared on Ireland specifically so I did the young people one instead :o

Wrote a 5 page, tiny writing, rant about everything you could possibly think of :pac: Spent 45 minutes alone just planning the yoke :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭RAnderson1995

EoghanIRL wrote: »
    Yes also wrote 4 and a bit . If you want an a1 then you need to write more than 500 to 600 anyways .

Yeah i'm more looking for a B, but i'm willing to try for the A! I need a C3 to get into my course but I need a higher grade to get the points for my course!

A7XGirl wrote: »
    I disagreed and wrote against one of the topics and now I fear it wil be considered off topic. :/

I disagreed with the young people essay and Im 99.9% that that's perfectly fine :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

It's just a statement so you can state it and be like "I don't think this is true because...." :)

aleatorio wrote: »
    I disagreed with the young people essay and Im 99.9% that that's perfectly fine :pac:

Do you get a choice on aistes? That's why I did debate. Well I had culu eacnamaiochta learned too

EoghanIRL wrote: »
    Do you get a choice on aistes? That's why I did debate. Well I had culu eacnamaiochta learned too

Pretty sure you do, like they cant force an opinion on you, what if you didnt agree with any of them or something :pac:

Yes, thank you! I was panicking for a while there :D

Pretty sure you do, like they cant force an opinion on you, what if you didnt agree with any of them or something :pac:

Well it's not a personal essay either .
    I'd imagine it's grand to give either side of story :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Jones82

Yes, thank you! I was panicking for a while there :D

Ugh, I had the perfect essay to do that but decided to agree with the statement just to be on the safe side :/

• Registered Users Posts: 10 kates339

I did the same.. I too am worrying! :O

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Ciaratabb1

I disagreed with the statement an wrote about drugs and education and cyber bullying and all that

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Mundy07

What was the scéal titles for honours?

Mundy07 wrote: »
    What was the scéal titles for honours?

Díoma and 'Níl mar a shiltear a bhitear' I think :o

What is everyone learning for poetry and pros and thig na tit orm

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Mundy07

I thought they had given me a pass paper by accident!!!

Please let them bot go psycho on paper two to make up for that paper!!

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭T0001

Disagreeing is not wrong presuming you didnt disagree and then go off on a tangent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭robman60

That listening test was ridiculously easy. The French listening is far more difficult, no doubt about that. I thought the pace was humorous at times, especially for the "Scoláire na Bliana". Painfully slow!

My top two aistes appeared, bochtanas and Gaeilge, but I did the Gaeilge one as I felt I could include the title more which is essential for an A1. I mentioned the Germans (who you were giving the speech too) in a bunch of places too and it just seemed to flow very nicely. I honestly have never written a better piece before! :)

An mbeidh páipéir a dó chomh easca? Is maith an scéalaí an aimsir! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11 sarbear18

was it just me or was the tape verrrryyy easy... what did ye think?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 Ciaran511

RIGHT what's coming up tomorrow? I'm feeling (hoping for) colscaradh and caca milis/dis :)

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭iamthestig

Did anyone else do the cultur question for the Germans??

I hope spailpin fanach or colscaradh and dis come up ðŸ™

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭robman60

iamthestig wrote: »
    Did anyone else do the cultur question for the Germans??

Yes! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 SSMorg

I did the exact same, did the one about younger years of your life, said I disagree & wrote about all the problems of young people, do you think I will get any marks? I was counting on the media & then had problems of young people ready also.

SSMorg wrote: »
    I did the exact same, did the one about younger years of your life, said I disagree & wrote about all the problems of young people, do you think I will get any marks? I was counting on the media & then had problems of young people ready also.
    That's exactly what I done too, but from the looks of it I'm sure we'll be marked as usual :)

It'll be fine, trust me
    As long as you kept referring back to the title :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭curlyclodagh

If you regularly referenced the title then you'll definitely get marks. Like if you said "... dá bharr, níl saol foirfe ag daoine óga" (can't remember the exact title of the aiste) then you'll be grand :) as long as you weren't regurgitating random pieces of information.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭curlyclodagh

Anyone else think it'll be Spailpín and Cáca tomorrow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭iamthestig

What's everyone's thoughts for tomorrow?

Also anyone have an ideas for An Triail? I'm clueless about that!

Advertisement