Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*** Leaving Cert Higher Irish 2014 - Before and after discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭aleatorio

FatRat wrote: »
    This will be like 6 marks so only a few sentences. Literally all you needs to say is that all the logainmneacha in the poem show how he was required to travel all over the country just to do work. Since there's loads of place names it shows how much travelling he did and shows how tough his work was.

Ok that's grand :D I just couldn't think of a reason why they'd be significant :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭RedSeven7

aleatorio wrote: »
    I have no notes on logainmneacha, what should I say for it?

There's a paragraph on logainmneacha in Fiúntas:
    Baintear úsáid as raidhse (abundance) logainmneacha san amhrán [sa dán], logainmneacha atá i dTiobraid Árann, i gCill Chainnigh agus i bPort Láirge. Tá sé soiléir gur thug na spailpíní a n-aghaidh ar na trí chontae seo mar go raibh fostaíocht le fáil iontu, go háirithe i nGleann Órga Thiobraid Árann.

Bhíodh na margaí híreála ar siúl go tráthrialta chomh maith i gCluain Meala agus i mbaile Thiobraid Árann.

"Ba mhinic mo thriall go Cluain gheal Meala
    's as sin go Tiobraid Árann"

Dhéanadh an spailpín áirithe seo an-chuid oibre i gCarraig na Siúire, i gCallainn, i gCaiseal agus i nDurlas. Tugann na logainmneacha seo údaracht (authenticity) agus cúlra fírinneach stairiúil don amhrán.

It's nothing too brilliant really but at least the grammar is right :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,496 ✭✭✭bb1234567

RedSeven7 wrote: »
    There's a paragraph on logainmneacha in Fiúntas:

It's nothing too brilliant really but at least the grammar is right :P

Its worth 6 marks nothing spectacular needed :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭RedSeven7

bb1234567 wrote: »

How do you know that, was there a sample question on logainmneacha?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭cferry3

What was the 'An Triail' mock question on exam craft, we had the tecníocht drámata, wouldn't have had a clue how to answer that only for the teacher gave us a sample essay before the mock and told us it was coming up!

• Advertisement

RedSeven7 wrote: »
    How do you know that, was there a sample question on logainmneacha?

Because my teacher, clare greally in the insitiute said that it would never be worth more than 6 marks. Theres just not enough to write about for a 15 marker

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭JDOC1996

A thig ná tit orm guys?

And the aiste? I've only properly learned technology, the Irish language and the recession/immigration.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 PatrickP123

Does anyone have any good essays on cyber bullying for higher level Irish? Maybe even some notes or bullet points etc. Looking for a high-standard but any essay will be appreciated! Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 SSMorg

JDOC1996 wrote: »
    A thig ná tit orm guys?

I think it is the easiest, you just need a page & half, really just to say it was a dirbheathaisneis , just need to know first 8 chapter, his young life, just need to be able to write about his young life, fun they had, traditional life, humour in the book. Mention a few things that happened stories about "cat agus piscin" etc. Need to know he started school in 1947 & at 1958 he was fifteen & that was summer working, as some past questions ask what occurred in 1958 etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Catwoman101

Do Meain Cumarsaide and Daoine Oga. Don't waste your time with anything else!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 swimmom

bb1234567 wrote: »

What would be most likely as a 15 mark question in An Spailpin?

I obviously missed something but where was the humour in Dis? :D

Any point studying poetry and prose asked in last 2 years?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 swimmom

Gafa anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 PatrickP123

I'm doing them as well, it's just that cyber bullying was a huge topic back in November due to all of the suicides. Meain Cumarsaide and Daoine Oga both tie into cyber bullying but I want to have an in-depth one on cyber bullying just in case. Thanks for your advice, though :)

swimmom wrote: »
    What would be most likely as a 15 mark question in An Spailpin?

I obviously missed something but where was the humour in Dis? :D

Any point studying poetry and prose asked in last 2 years?

Spailpin fanach question might be the meadaracht of the dan or general about the life of the farm labourer :) and dis lol umm I didnt see humour either but I guess its 'funny' how she told lies to the survey girl to get a rise out of her hub because he has no interest in her

How can you be so sure there coming up? Would love it if they do!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Mundy07

What's your opinion or have your teachers given an opinion on a student writing their Irish exams exclusively in pencil?
    GRMA

Yes add the death due to "Necknominations" etc... Am because I'm a repeat LC student and I have done my research :-) hoping to get an A this year.... Also what pros are you guys studying?

A thig ná tit orm guys?

Frith an ghrinn!

Yes add the death due to "Necknominations" etc... Am because I'm a repeat LC student and I have done my research :-) hoping to get an A this year.... Also what pros are you guys studying?

I'm a repeat too and looking for a B1/A2, the oral went really good so I'm optimistic! So just to clarify you are only studying Daoine Óga and Meain Cumarsaide for the Aiste?
    I'm studying Dís and Cacá Milis for the Pros!

• Advertisement

cferry3 wrote: »
    I'm a repeat too and looking for a B1/A2, the oral went really good so I'm optimistic! So just to clarify you are only studying Daoine Óga and Meain Cumarsaide for the Aiste?
    I'm studying Dís and Cacá Milis for the Pros!

So did mine thank god! Yes just them two, That's actually funny because Im doing those two pros too, along with An Soailpin and Colscaradh for filiocht.

Mundy07 wrote: »
    What's your opinion or have your teachers given an opinion on a student writing their Irish exams exclusively in pencil?
    GRMA

Never do any exam in pencil it fades and if an examiner cant read your writing they dont give you benfit of the doubt ://

So did mine thank god! Yes just them two, That's actually funny because Im doing those two pros too, along with An Soailpin and Colscaradh for filiocht.

Ha, I'm studying An Spailpín Fanach and Colscaradh the most but will have a look over Geibheann just in case!

Youre only learning two of the poems???? Im learning all 5 pros and poems to be safe

• Registered Users Posts: 8 JAYSUS123

I'm doing Daoine Óga, Colscaradh, Splaipín, Dís..
    any suggestions on what other pros?
    and An Triail.. just do a general essay?

Anyone want to send me a daoine óga aiste? I've got A1 answers on teicneolíocht/idirlíon, imirce/recession and the Irish language and would be willing to trade.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 JAYSUS123

Anyone want to send me a daoine óga aiste? I've got A1 answers on teicneolíocht/idirlíon, imirce/recession and the Irish language and would be willing to trade.

I've got an A1 daoine óga.. willing to swap

JAYSUS123 wrote: »
    I've got an A1 daoine óga.. willing to swap

Cool, what do you want?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 DannyLC96

What about An Triail? I'm learning Dramatic techniques and Maili, Maire's mother and maybe another minor character (Sean or Bean Ui Chin) .. Id like to get a feeling what others are expecting!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 gol1234

DannyLC96 wrote: »
    What about An Triail? I'm learning Dramatic techniques and Maili, Maire's mother and maybe another minor character (Sean or Bean Ui Chin) .. Id like to get a feeling what others are expecting!

Yes im definitely doing Dramatic Techniques! what ones do you have? i have notes to talk about the garsún nuachtáin, spotsholas, iardhearcadh, cros cheistiúchán, an chlann? do you use something similar! mailí is always good as a point of contrast! im learning her too!

Advertisement