Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*** Leaving Cert Higher Irish 2014 - Before and after discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

kates339 wrote: »
    Just making sure is cruachas dilemma? And an treith scannanaiochta is mo a thaitnionn leat sa ghearrscannan.. Whats the exact translation of this does anybody kno :)

Cruachas means predicament .
    The filming trait which you enjoyed the most

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 101 ✭✭Katie1289

*Title in Paper One*

'Being young are the best years of your life'

*le me-writing''Taim go HUILLE 's go HIOMLAN I GCONINNE an teidil seo''
    *Launches into drugs essay, bullying, alcohol, education system and PIARBHRU!

'Hon the honours. Keep it coming with geibhinn and NO PROS tomorrow!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 sayitaintso

Katie1289 wrote: »
    *Title in Paper One*

'Being young are the best years of your life'

*le me-writing''Taim go HUILLE 's go HIOMLAN I GCONINNE an teidil seo''
    *Launches into drugs essay, bullying, alcohol, education system and PIARBHRU!

Exactly what I did today haha.
    Also, does anyone know how many quotes you should use for An Triail essay?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 forevergold22

Is there anyone else not learning the dramatic techniques for an triail? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Mundy07

Is it "Aoibhinn liom" or "Aoibheann liom" ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 mmahony18

Mundy07 wrote: »
    Is it "Aoibhinn liom" or "Aoibheann liom" ?

Aoibhinn liom :)
    Could anyone please tell me if you need to know about the poets lives and works for the HL poems for 4F? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

mmahony18 wrote: »
    Could anyone please tell me if you need to know about the poets lives and works for the HL poems for 4F? :)

I imagine you do! I'm learning about them anyway! I've never actually studied 4F in class but I'm doing it anyway because I don't like the texts. Could you tell me about how much I should be writing for each part?

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭A7XGirl

mmahony18 wrote: »
    Yeah you do, about 4-5 pieces of info per each poet

• Registered Users Posts: 40 mmahony18

FatRat wrote: »
    I imagine you do! I'm learning about them anyway! I've never actually studied 4F in class but I'm doing it anyway because I don't like the texts. Could you tell me about how much I should be writing for each part?

If you're asked about say the téama, the 20 marker usually, use about 3 of the longest poetic terms like imagery or whatever, generally it's 3 you use for the 20 marker my teacher said :) then there's the explain the lines which is grand if you've a rough idea of the poem just about under 10 lines or so, then finally the last question could be either emotions that the poem evoked in you or as I've just discovered the poet and their works and life :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

So delighted with how today went, even though i nearly had a nervous breakdown in the loo before at 1:45!! My first time sitting an exam in 6 years (I am back repeating LC HL Irish 10 years after my own LC!!) I nearly did a dance on the table when i seen the economy debate come up. I think tonight I'm going to just concentrate on An Triail (an Teicniochtai Dramata) and hopefully blag my way through whatever poem/story comes up!

Think of it this way...... Oral is worth 40%, Tape 10% and Essay 17% We've already got a decent chunk out of the way!

I'm in the same boat, I sat the Irish paper today 12 years after I sat it the first time. I was happy with the paper, I did the poverty essay. It was easy enough to adapt a culu/difhostaioct essay to suit the topic. I was happy with the listening as well. We're two thirds of the way there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Ciaratabb1

I'm in the same boat, I sat the Irish paper today 12 years after I sat it the first time. I was happy with the paper, I did the poverty essay. It was easy enough to adapt a culu/difhostaioct essay to suit the topic. I was happy with the listening as well. We're two thirds of the way there!
    What topics are ye learning for a thig na tit orm ?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭ave123

are any of ye going learnin oisin i dtir na nOg?....i know its rumoured to come up and all...but really? would they really do that?...im think im gonna take a risk and not learn an t-arrach thiar or mo ghra-sa....theres just not enough time at this stage...

• Registered Users Posts: 11 maigheo2014

having to write a talk in irish for german students was the most random thing ever hahah

I literally walked out of the room baffled as to how the Germans would ever understand..bit unrealistic us preparing a whole speech about the importance of Irish to people who wouldn't have a notion about the language 😛

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭aleatorio

Ciaratabb1 wrote: »

I'm just learning incidents that happened and humor and I hope to mould that into some semblance of an essay tomorrow :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

Just to clear things up for honours..
    There's 5 poems that can come up are there?
    And 5 of the prós?
    And then your studied text thing.

Ciaratabb1 wrote: »

I did his traits/characteristics and his young life growing up in Kerry. I wonder if one of the comprehensions will be on Maidhc as well seeing as he died last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Siobhan0

What are the chances of dís and An spailpin to come up in the exam tomorrow? They came up in the pre papers

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Lauradoodle

I'm repeating Irish after 9yrs can't wait till it's over I just really want the C for primary teaching and just found out there that we need to a) use quotes in our an triail answers and b) that techniques is definitely coming up. I didn't even know that was an option I have notes on Maire and her mother and that's it! It's what I was told would come up I'm freaking out now

• Registered Users Posts: 42 courtney95

Aspiring wrote: »
    Just to clear things up for honours..
    There's 5 poems that can come up are there?
    And 5 of the prós?
    And then your studied text thing.

yep :p

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Odrevan

I'm repeating Irish after 9yrs can't wait till it's over I just really want the C for primary teaching and just found out there that we need to a) use quotes in our an triail answers and b) that techniques is definitely coming up. I didn't even know that was an option I have notes on Maire and her mother and that's it! It's what I was told would come up I'm freaking out now

I hate to add to your panic but one thing I've learnt from the exams so far is that there's no such thing as something definitely coming up (*cough* Geography biome characteristics). But you should definitely go over techniques still! Just remember, 24 hours from now and its done!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Lauradoodle

Odrevan wrote: »
    I hate to add to your panic but one thing I've learnt from the exams so far is that there's no such thing as something definitely coming up (*cough* Geography biome characteristics). But you should definitely go over techniques still! Just remember, 24 hours from now and its done!

I can't I've nothing on it so I'm just praying it doesn't I've a good bit on maire and her mom so I'm just hoping that comes up gonna look through the play and see if I can find some quotes to stick into the essays

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Ka_yl_ei_gh

eefah wrote: »
    I don't think so? Its in with Dís and Caca Milis (which I should really go watch now ew) - one comes up and you have to write on it.

Oh :(
    What about that one Seal i Neapal one? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭eefah

Oh :(
    What about that one Seal i Neapal one? :pac:

I .... dont know what that is? So I hope not?
    Is that one of the HL texts? Cause we did poems for that.

eefah wrote: »
    I .... dont know what that is? So I hope not?
    Is that one of the HL texts? Cause we did poems for that.

Yeah we did it, it's a HL one :/
    Maybe it's an option between that and Gnathrud? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭nailforhammer

Does anyone else just need the poetry to Spailpín Fánach? I just have to have Spailpín

• Registered Users Posts: 42 courtney95

Yeah we did it, it's a HL one :/
    Maybe it's an option between that and Gnathrud? :pac:

Yeah in prós you have choices to do Seal i Neipeal or An Gnáthrud and Cáca Milis or An Lasair Choille :p

I need a C for primary teaching as well.

Keep the head. I sound like my Dad here but all you can do is your best. You still have a few hours so make the most of them. Remember the novel part is only 40 out of 600 too, that's only 6 or 7 % overall. Take a stab at it, you'll never know what you'll end up with :)

courtney95 wrote: »
    Yeah in prós you have choices to do Seal i Neipeal or An Gnáthrud and Cáca Milis or An Lasair Choille :p

Ah thanks for clearing that up! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11 maigheo2014

Spailpín and dís came up in the mock I had..just wondering was the other mock company the same or what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

Wait so only 3 can actually come up then for pros?

Advertisement