Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,545 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

The device that lets you connect GC controllers to the WiiU has not yet been released.

What if I put mario kart 8 into my wii can I connect them then.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

If you leave the Main Menu sitting there it starts playing all the other MK intros :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    What if I put mario kart 8 into my wii can I connect them then.

468px_Toadette.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Got this myself today, been playing for an hour or so.
    Fantastic looking game though 50cc mode feels sluggish and some of the characters seem to play crappy.
    Will need to play with the bigger karts to get a good blast out of it.

Feels as slow as crap. Looks lovely but so slow so far. Please just let be 50cc mode cause I'm playing it at 50hz so should be zipping along!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Feels as slow as crap. Looks lovely but so slow so far. Please just let be 50cc mode cause I'm playing it at 50hz so should be zipping along!
    yeah 50cc is slow it even say it's family friendly 150cc is fast and gorgeous at 60fps(59 technically)

Has anyone Sussed out the lobby voice chat I haven't heard anyone?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,052 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

On to the 100cc mode and its already a massive improvement on 50cc.

One disappointing thing is battle mode, there doesn't seem to be any arenas. Bull**** :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    On to the 100cc mode and its already a massive improvement on 50cc.

One disappointing thing is battle mode, there doesn't seem to be any arenas. Bull**** :(

It was confirmed there aren't.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

the gamepad has similar controls to the wheel controller aswell

• Advertisement

150cc, now that's more like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Went and finally got a WiiU today. Wanted to get the MK8 console pack but the two Gamestops near me didn't get any in. I got the MarioU pack instead and then found out that both stores are sold out of Mk8 and won't have any copies in for another week. One store had two blue shell editions left but were reserved. I have never seen a console game sell out in years, they must have got very few copies in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Went and finally got a WiiU today. Wanted to get the MK8 console pack but the two Gamestops near me didn't get any in. I got the MarioU pack instead and then found out that both stores are sold out of Mk8 and won't have any copies in for another week. One store had two blue shell editions left but were reserved. I have never seen a console game sell out in years, they must have got very few copies in.

i got it in smyths yesterday. They said they had plenty of copies in the morning. Was the one in Blanch. I picked it up in the afternoon. Fantastic game.

Welcome to the Wii U club.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Gamestop got very limited number of MK8 console bundles....and the ones they did they were overcharging for. Go into Smyths. It's where I got mine. The one in blanch has no pro controllers though....so bear that in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

great game, cant wait to get some friends involved, looks smashing, whats with the battery life on the controller, lucky to last 45 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

Use wii classic controller and wii classic controller pro plug into wii remote or wii remote plus. To connect your wii remote to wiiu there's a the red button in battery area press red button on it and red button on wiiu simultaneously until you see a one light lits up on wii remote / plus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

safetyboy wrote: »
    great game, cant wait to get some friends involved, looks smashing, whats with the battery life on the controller, lucky to last 45 minutes
    To be fair it is at least 3 hours but Mario Kart could stress that so try:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-Game-High-Capacity-Battery/dp/B00EZPU0E2/

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Have a room up if anyone wants to join me for some games

NNID: cherryghost1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Irish Halo wrote: »
    To be fair it is at least 3 hours but Mario Kart could stress that so try:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-Game-High-Capacity-Battery/dp/B00EZPU0E2/

Wouldn't bother with that, just get a pro controller instead... Battery life on those is fantastic

Sorry guys if this is a stupid question. Only got a Wii u on Friday.

Can 4 people play MK8 with 4 wii plus remotes or does someone have to use the gamepad that comes with the wii u?

Also if I was to get a pro controller can I just use that without any need for the big gamepad on 1 player games or would the gamepad need to be on as well while playing?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭drumm23

Game of the Year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

How's this fairing amongst the DD enthusiasts? I'm most interested in what they think of it.

It's annoying how the manual drift boost is gone, but the coins are a great edition.

Not enough new tracks. Poor selection of retro tracks come on like Dry dry desert more like **** **** crap. Too many koopalings. Too much Rosalina. Battle mode may as well not exist. Feels a bit slow but I think that's just the massive tracks.
    On the plus it's got Rosalina on a chopper and a teddy bear kart.
    Haven't played local multiplayer yet. That's the litmus test for me.

Off topic but brother couldn't download the free title as the 8gb wiiu hadnt enough room and he was only going for Nintendoland. And there nothing on the system and the game is one of the smaller ones.

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    How's this fairing amongst the DD enthusiasts? I'm most interested in what they think of it.

It's annoying how the manual drift boost is gone, but the coins are a great edition.
    Manual drift boost isn't gone!

iamtony wrote: »
    Manual drift boost isn't gone!

I'm talking about the DD drifting when you love the analog stick back and forth, not just holding down a button like the wii version, if I wasn't clear.

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    I'm talking about the DD drifting when you love the analog stick back and forth, not just holding down a button like the wii version, if I wasn't clear.

Drifting is a bit different on this completely. EG if you have a medium or heavy cart underwater and just steer one direction whilst drifting, your cart spins out of control, same goes for the anti-grav. Not sure if its the same for the light ones but I've tried to spin out and I can't.

I'm perfectly happy with the drifting as it is anyway.

Drifting is a bit different on this completely. EG if you have a medium or heavy cart underwater and just steer one direction whilst drifting, your cart spins out of control, same goes for the anti-grav. Not sure if its the same for the light ones but I've tried to spin out and I can't.

I'm perfectly happy with the drifting as it is anyway.

I like that. At least that way there's more skill involved.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,558 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Sorry guys if this is a stupid question. Only got a Wii u on Friday.

Can 4 people play MK8 with 4 wii plus remotes or does someone have to use the gamepad that comes with the wii u?

Also if I was to get a pro controller can I just use that without any need for the big gamepad on 1 player games or would the gamepad need to be on as well while playing?

Thanks

I think someone had to use the Gamepad.
    I'm not sure though!!

On the other hand you can use the controller of your choice during single player races, I've been using the excellent GC2 WiiU controller from Gifted, think it was only 25 on eBay or Amazon and using the Gamepad as a map screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I think someone had to use the Gamepad.
    I'm not sure though!!

We've played 2 player with a pro controller and wiimote, so I'd imagine it's probably the same for 4 player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Played a good bit of 4 player local multiplayer last night, its as good as ever. Looks incredible in single player. Love this game!

Advertisement