Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

DLC downloading as we speak!
    Had to free up some space in the memory though.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

So after playing 4 200cc cups. I have no problem not braking in the game. The key is to predrift, and sometimes not to take the jump boost in order to get yourself into position.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,588 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

So after playing 4 200cc cups. I have no problem not braking in the game. The key is to predrift, and sometimes not to take the jump boost in order to get yourself into position.

Are you winning or is it waaaaay hard?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Are you winning or is it waaaaay hard?

Winning by miles...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Damn I have to finish all the cups now. Do I need to do that to play 200cc online?
    Actually now that I think of it, does it ever tell you if your in a 150cc race or whatever while racing online?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

iamtony wrote: »
    Damn I have to finish all the cups now. Do I need to do that to play 200cc online?

Me too, feck, there's the weekend gone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

when is 200 cc out

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    when is 200 cc out

It's out now, but you have to first get golds in everything else.
    Boo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

woohoo at home downloading update now, just put on my comfortable tracksuits bottom, beers chilling in the fridge, ready for a mariokart evening!

Well I just won every race online by a country mile this afternoon. I really love 200cc but I guess some people aren't quite in tune with it yet :D

Also Baby park starting grid is on the other side of the track. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Are you telling me you have to gold cup everything to play 200cc??

That's bs right there if that's the case I have the 50 and 100cc golded but didn't bother doing all of the 150cc's as it gets frustrating at times. I don't have a lot of patience.

Are you telling me you have to gold cup everything to play 200cc??

That's bs right there if that's the case I have the 50 and 100cc golded but didn't bother doing all of the 150cc's as it gets frustrating at times. I don't have a lot of patience.

Well then you won't have a lot of 200cc either! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

holy crap! that new f zero track is unforgiving at 200cc

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,184 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Disappointed in the Crossing tracks based on a first play. Fairly standard additions, bar the returning mayhem of Baby Park.

Bell Cup, however, is ****ing spectacular. Some of the trickiest, meanest and cleverest tracks in the game, and they all look magnificent to boot.

EDIT: Baby Park on 200cc. Laps are around 12 seconds long. Absolute madness ensues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

I really love this game, but every time I come back to it, I have two qualms with it:

1. I really really miss having the ability to store a second weapon when you activate shells or bananas, and
    2. Why did they remove the ability to wipe away squid ink when you hit a turbo ramp or use a mushroom?

These two features have been around for a while, and I miss them especially after games of MK7 on 3DS, did they ever explain why they were inexplicably left out, other than making it a different experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

I just unlocked the 200cc and the mirror class. I'd forgotten all about that mirror class and ive never actually played it! Nice!
    P.s you don't need to get gold in the dlc classes to unlock the 200cc I thought you did.

Yeah! Finally get to play this. Gonna go through the new tracks on 50cc etc before getting stuck into 200cc madness. Woooo!!!

WOOOOOOO!!

What's with this Circuit Special kart?

Did I have that before?

Just done the Big Blue track on 50cc.

Jesus, never mind 200cc, that's gonna be a nightmare on 150cc...and Mirror Cup! Bloody hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

now we ve blue falcon kart why not have captain falcon dlc to ride it not captain falcon mii

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,469 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Potential 3rd DLC on the way. I assume it's to bolster their weak E3 lineup.
    Still good to see though! Fingers crossed for some proper battle arenas too.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/06/rumour_nintendo_uk_hints_at_more_mario_kart_8_dlc

https://twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/738777798060482560

• Registered Users Posts: 17,799 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Anyone else have a problem with eyes watering like mad when playing 4 player split screen?

I have a 46 inch tv

everyone else seems fine - I just die.. I literally cannot play, my vision is fine, no idea

• Registered Users Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Anyone else have a problem with eyes watering like mad when playing 4 player split screen?

I have a 46 inch tv

everyone else seems fine - I just die.. I literally cannot play, my vision is fine, no idea

You're suffering from dry eyes. I suspect you're not blinking sufficiently as you're glued to the screen, so your tear film dries out and the eyes start to water to compensate. Try to blink more, or use some artificial drops as required

Advertisement