Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Anyone check any stores today if they're selling early. According to the MK Facebook page a few people in UK have managed to get copies early in Gamestop and Game

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Isn't there some club you join in smyths and they give 10% off new releases? Probably costs to join though.

Also argos are doing a €5 voucher when you spend €50 at the moment and I presume they will be carrying some stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

they closed that club down last year. Or maybe this year. It's definitely gone, anyway. Shame, it made them a very compelling option for launch day titles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭LiamKK1982

Don't forget to register the game on club nintendo to get the free game, you can choose 1 of 10 free games.
    http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Campaigns/Mario-Kart-8-Bonus-Game-Promotion/Mario-Kart-8-Bonus-Game-Promotion-879238.html

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭saucyleopard

Is the new nintendo worth getting though? I have a Wii gathering dust while my kids play an Xbox. Is it another waste of cash? By the way I'm a big Mario lover.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Is the new nintendo worth getting though? I have a Wii gathering dust while my kids play an Xbox. Is it another waste of cash? By the way I'm a big Mario lover.

It's worth it for the 3 mario games plus donkey kong and mario kart alone.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

And Zelda. And personally Wii U version of COD is the best of the consoles. It makes great use of the Gamepad.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,006 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

And everyone forgets Pikmin 3 which is a very strong contender for the game of 2013.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,553 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

And Zelda. And personally Wii U version of COD is the best of the consoles. It makes great use of the Gamepad.

Which COD? Because I have BLOPs2 and I hate it!
    Perhaps it's Ghosts you're talking about?

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Which COD? Because I have BLOPs2 and I hate it!
    Perhaps it's Ghosts you're talking about?

I have Blops II on Wii U and PC, and played it on 360. Wii U is the best of the lot. It's a decent game, but each to their own I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Any of you lot that fancy being included in the lists for online games/tournaments, make your way over to here, and let us know your NNIDs!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

i love cosplay and I ll be cosplaying as one of the characters from mario kart when i purchase mario kart 8 in city centre

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    i love cosplay and I ll be cosplaying as one of the characters from mario kart when i purchase mario kart 8 in city centre

Which one? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,544 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    The boss would probably have given him the thumbs up, try to shift the person to buying a Xbox One or such for a greater profit. Plus, more up sales from the next-gens with PS+/MSGold for playing online, and the WiiU box usually has a packed in game, some of the XBone/PS4 dont..

A salesperson shouldn't really be trying to 'shift' someone from what they want to buy. A lot of customers have more knowledge than the staff about what they want and you run the risk of offending someone, if you try to convince them something else is better and you may offend them in the process.
    You may lose the sale, not worth the risk unlessthr customer is adamant the want a CDi or 3DO.
    Boss would be unhappy to hear the staff, trying to convince someone to buy something when they all ready want to buy something else.
    The boss also would likely be happy to shift the WiiU that they had gathering dust out back and some of the games.
    Also if the xbone and ps4 are so much better, the customer may realise their error down the line and come back and get another console from them because of the nice experience they had the first time.

If you feel that the customer is making a mistake, wait. Get what they want and then offer an alternative, that you feel may suit them better but in a light manner. If they say no, so be it the WiiU has been wrung up.
    If they turn out not to like the item they will remember you offered them the alternative and may come back.

A sale is a sale and when you are handed one on a platter, take it and be glad.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    A salesperson shouldn't really be trying to 'shift' someone from what they want to buy

My local video game store doesn't offer this service :mad:

Has a hot girl and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Which one? :)

His own Mii. :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,553 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Erm...
    Good luck with that!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Kirby wrote: »
    His own Mii. :D

last halloween i dressed up as someone who couldn't be bothered dressing up.

people weren't terribly impressed

Downloading it now

Bugger!
    Thought this day would never come!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

So anyone playing it yet?

I'm not off till 5ish and then go and hope smyths have it for me!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,006 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

iamtony wrote: »
    So anyone playing it yet?

I'm not off till 5ish and then go and hope smyths have it for me!

Just going to the shops to pick it up :)

Downloading it now
    how many GB is it? If I have to go down this route.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

How is it? My copy was only shipped this morning :mad: and it's a bank holiday :( I won't get to play it until Tuesday at the earliest

abbir wrote: »
    How is it? My copy was only shipped this morning :mad: and it's a bank holiday :( I won't get to play it until Tuesday at the earliest
    that would upset me deeply I feel for you!

It's magnificent!
    I went into GS this morning to pick up my preordered standard edition and the manager had a spare limited edition for another tenner, so I got that.
    I've been playing it for the last hour and it's fantastic.
    Those out there who don't like Mario games, play this and change your mind!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,544 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I'm so excited! Can't wait to play it. Damn you other life commitments!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

ive it now ltd1979673_725838567455355_103364271969831967_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Very good, the controller works a treat with it too.

Purple shell on the mantle piece and all :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

ive it now ltd

Give this man a medal! :P

Advertisement