Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,557 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Sadly I'm on duty on Saturday and Bank Holiday monday, so I'll be squeezing in as much time with it as I can on Friday and Sunday!
    Gods bless my day on/day off shift!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,934 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

Littlewood is only a sale price at Now €59.00 for mario kart 8 normal edition in 2week or after the sale is over it back to €67 i say

limited edition is sold out everywhere in ireland,

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,557 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Pox, I had a hope I might be able to snaffle a limited edition one on the morning, just pay the extra.
    Bugger

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭SmurfX

Anyone know what price gamestop are stocking the MK Wii U bundle at? Nothing on their website as per usual.

• Advertisement

nothing listed on wiiu mario kart bundles but i say it more like €299.99 like the legend of the zelda wind waker hd and new super mario bros u edition

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

I see it's €59.99 on eShop. I've SMK bought so -€7.99. I've almost 500 Premium points (never heard of them til today). So If I buy NES Remix 2 I'll get a €5 eShop voucher. Might just do that there now so :)

Nwfc is gone I've just try it on mario kart wii and it doesn't work online anymore pals

just reminder its only wii and ds games not 3ds and wiiu ones

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

SmurfX wrote: »
    Anyone know what price gamestop are stocking the MK Wii U bundle at? Nothing on their website as per usual.

I asked them two weeks ago in Clonmel and they said they wouldn't be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭wayne040576

brianon wrote: »
    I see it's €59.99 on eShop. I've SMK bought so -€7.99. I've almost 500 Premium points (never heard of them til today). So If I buy NES Remix 2 I'll get a €5 eShop voucher. Might just do that there now so :)

You can get a download version from Game. It's the same price as the Physical copy on Amazon and cheaper than the eshop.

http://www.game.co.uk/en/mario-kart-8-299301?categoryIdentifier=683236&catGroupId=

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

You can get a download version from Game. It's the same price as the Physical copy on Amazon and cheaper than the eshop.

http://www.game.co.uk/en/mario-kart-8-299301?categoryIdentifier=683236&catGroupId=

Could save 2€ versus eShop directly but would I still get 400 premium points ?

only if its normal editon you save about €5-€10 from amazon = €47.97 Euro + €5 for delivery = €52.97 for mario kart 8

but ltd edition mario kart 8 is £54.00 , €72.00 + €5= €77 including delivery from amazon

its cheaper to get ltd edition mario kart 8 from gamestop, smyths, littlewoods, argos and tescos then amazon, you save more then €10 those stores then amazon

wampyrus77 wrote: »

only if its normal editon you save about €5-€10 from amazon = €47.97 Euro + €5 for delivery = €52.97 for mario kart 8

but ltd edition mario kart 8 is £54.00 , €72.00 + €5= €77 including delivery from amazon

its cheaper to get ltd edition mario kart 8 from gamestop, smyths, littlewoods, argos and tescos then amazon, you save more then €10 those stores then amazon

I'd rather get the download version. No stupid plastic shell to take up space and cheaper overall.

well the download version is only cheaper if you go for smk offer eshop, the standard price from 3shop is €59.99 which is ssame price for games store in ireland normal edition unless you get it from smyths = €54.99, and i rather get a disc copy just i need the space for storage

I was in GS in Clarehall and, it seems, there is zero interest in Mario Kart 8 from the great unwashed :(
    In fact, one staff member said that someone came in to buy a new console and when they asked to buy a Wii U they staff member actually asked "why?" but, happily, the customer bought it anyway.

well the download version is only cheaper if you go for smk offer eshop, the standard price from 3shop is €59.99 which is ssame price for games store in ireland normal edition unless you get it from smyths = €54.99, and i rather get a disc copy just i need the space for storage

As I said above, you can get the download version from the game website for 39 sterling (49 euro). Same price as the Amazon physical copy. They sent me the download code on Sunday.

As I said above, you can get the download version from the game website for 39 sterling (49 euro). Same price as the Amazon physical copy. They sent me the download code on Sunday.

there always a £3 tax for delivery when order anything from amazon even the ones that say free delivery

there always a £3 tax for delivery when order anything from amazon even the ones that say free delivery

It's a download code from Game. No delivery charge. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

No, there isn't. If it says free delivery, and you choose the free delivery option, then it's free. There's no delivery tax.

No, there isn't. If it says free delivery, and you choose the free delivery option, then it's free. There's no delivery tax.

even checkout tax of £3 still isnt free delivery for me

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Game do not guarantee launch day delivery via post or digital delivery, FYI. I had to email them about this and promptly cancelled my order.

Game do not guarantee launch day delivery via post or digital delivery, FYI. I had to email them about this and promptly cancelled my order.

did they give your money back when they cancelled it

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

did they give your money back when they cancelled it

So far no. They are extremely slow on the refund. I cancelled it 9 days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,545 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I was in GS in Clarehall and, it seems, there is zero interest in Mario Kart 8 from the great unwashed :(
    In fact, one staff member said that someone came in to buy a new console and when they asked to buy a Wii U they staff member actually asked "why?" but, happily, the customer bought it anyway.

Oh you're so cool, just shut and take my money - that's what I would have said if it was me.

and if I was the sellers boss I'd be telling them to shut up and take the sale.

Yeez, the attitude of some people working in retail sales, idiots.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,052 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I've had more pleasant wiiu experiences in GameStop, from the girl in my local one telling me she was also cancelling her ps4 preorder to get a wiiu as well to the guys in Drogheda telling me that I made a good choice with Pikmin 3 because it was far and away their favourite game of the year. Better than last of us.

I already have my code. They sent it on Sunday.

Well that's a bummer. Oh well. Getting a hard copy tomorrow regardless

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Oh you're so cool, just shut and take my money - that's what I would have said if it was me.

and if I was the sellers boss I'd be telling them to shut up and take the sale.

Yeez, the attitude of some people working in retail sales, idiots.

The boss would probably have given him the thumbs up, try to shift the person to buying a Xbox One or such for a greater profit. Plus, more up sales from the next-gens with PS+/MSGold for playing online, and the WiiU box usually has a packed in game, some of the XBone/PS4 dont.

On topic, thought i would be a smarmy arse and ordered a Pro Controller and a Wii Classic (MK8 supports them or so I heard, plus Xenoblade and Last Story to get to) from CEX. Package arrived today, no sign of the Pro and its been marked off the invoice by marker, still been charged full price though :mad: Lovely start to the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

I pre-ordered from Amazon but it is now showing an estimated delivery date of Tuesday or Wednesday next week.

I had assumed that they would ship out for release date so might cancel the order now.

Want to get the physical disk so is Smyth's my best option to get the game tomorrow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,934 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'll be heading down to Smyths at lunchtime tomorrow to get my copy. Not because I want to rush and get it. Just no it'll be busier to get downtown after work. :)

Advertisement