Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just General Chat About WoT

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,279 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Spear wrote: »
    I'm going for the FV4202 and FV215b, especially given the Top of the Tree bonus for the FV215b.
    Well my plan got a horrible crash this morning; 15 games, 2 wins. Consistently top 5 on my team in damage with a couple of top 1s and still losing over and beeping over again. I simply had to walk away from the PC at that point...

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Still performing horribly due to the single threading. Star citizen, a right whore of a next gen alpha, runs twice as good as WoT. Poor show WG.

QoAYre2l.png

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Love this double xp weekend. Grinded my way up with Pz.Sfl to get Borsik in this weekend.
    Got all stuff for ARL 44, which was a bitch. French Tanks are horrible with their xp grind on equipment.

All in all I got all Tanks, that I am working on, fully upgraded ( not borsik ). I actually got at the point where I just take a tank that I want for a spin, instead of grind it. So far KV-5 just takes the cherry. Its just such a fun tank to mess around. Its like a T28, that actually works...

Oh yeah, I am really hating the whole Tiger line. I watch a russian dudes review on it and he nailed it. Those bastards just have all modules and crew placed in most dumbass spots possible. You cant tank with them as its just unreliable. Always get ammo racks or set on fire.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Love this double xp weekend.......

Whereas I am away for work with lots of time to play however the internet connection is really bad so am unable to play with 700+ ping.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Tenger wrote: »
    Whereas I am away for work with lots of time to play however the internet connection is really bad so am unable to play with 700+ ping.

With 700 ping you'd have fit right in with the average player on the weekend. :S

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

KV5 does see tier 10 games, same as my lowe..

funny how many people dont know that the small(huge) turret on the front is a major weakspot and dont just aim for that!

weekend was good for grinding, got my t54 fully upgraded and moving towards the t62a.

got my kt unlocked, wz132 unlocked, t32 unlocked. have a huge list of tanks to buy and spent a fortune on equipment for current tanks.

not having much fun in my ehavies at the moment apart from my is4, so only really playing my mediums/lights at the moment, batchat, m46 fatton, t54, wz131 over and over.. most fun in game for me atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Just checked a matchmaker table and it says KV-5 doesn't get tier X battles, which is probably correct because of the under-powered gun.

I'm "grinding" the WZ-131 at the moment, basically just playing a battle in it every day or two. I'm finding it unforgiving, hard to judge when to move in, etc.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,184 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 79 ✭✭Drweavil

Aenaes wrote: »
    Just checked a matchmaker table and it says KV-5 doesn't get tier X battles, which is probably correct because of the under-powered gun.

I'm "grinding" the WZ-131 at the moment, basically just playing a battle in it every day or two. I'm finding it unforgiving, hard to judge when to move in, etc.

I love the WZ-131, probably my favourite tank. Plus the mark of excellence looks much better on the Chinese tanks than the American.
    317293.jpg

no way, thought all the t8 premium heavies see tier 10.. kv5 doesnt.. interesting.

yeh, love the wz131, kept the 59-16 too, take it out the odd time for the lols

see you got the ace badge on the type 64.. been chasing it and cant get past 1

• Advertisement

copeyhagen wrote: »
    no way, thought all the t8 premium heavies see tier 10.. kv5 doesnt.. interesting.

yeh, love the wz131, kept the 59-16 too, take it out the odd time for the lols

see you got the ace badge on the type 64.. been chasing it and cant get past 1

Yeah the Type 64 is a good tank and you'll need a Top gun on it to get the Ace Mastery.

For others it's a Radley Walters to get Mastery: KV-220, KV-1S, Hellcat, Hetzer, Matilda etc... they are the really tough ones. There are a lot of good players out there with these tanks and they play them very well. You need an exceptional game to achieve Mastery on them.

I had to do 6k damage to get my mastery on my AMX 50 B lol.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,184 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I didn't need 8 kills for Ace on my KV-220, but it took doing about 2.5k in damage though.

I didn't need 8 kills for Ace on my KV-220, but it took doing about 2.5k in damage though.
    Yeah that sounds about right. I missed a Pools medal by one shell when I got my mastery in the KV-220... still mighty pleased though :)

Yeah, KV-5 does not see tier X games and so far, its mostly in tier 8 games.

I am still so in love with it. :p Not many people know about the weekspot and from good distance, not all people can snipe it off too. Gun is ****, but it has okay DPM. So if you get a good position, it becomes a turkey shoot. Watching your damage blocked by armour always puts a grin on my face! :D

Finally played a few games in Borsik. Its a freaking beast if not not spoted! :eek: Did like 4000 damage in tier 10 game and I still got only Mastery 2 badge!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Mother of god the Type 58 is awesome for it's size!

Not many people know about the weekspot and from good distance, not all people can snipe it off too.

Weakspots! This is what saves the tank, people only remember the R2D2 turret. The turret outside the mantlet is weak (but the cheeks will bounce most shots), the other small turret and both large cuppolas are soft and the turret and tank roofs can be overmatched by most tanks you face. You're fine if people do centre of mass shots but if they know the other weakspots this tank can be torn up when in-close. Most randoms players won't know where to shoot you though. From distance, you can be sniped but you shouldn't be in a long range firefight against tanks that accurate anyway so you won't be sticking around. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Right so.... Got a bonus in work for last financial year so I'm splashing on a premium. T34 or KV5.

You decide.

I'm US centric tank wise so expect to be comfortable with the t34 however the KV5 offers a nice change of pace.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,279 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

T34 because you can use your existing crews and it plays exactly as US heavies plays so no need to change your style :)

jagtiger 8.8cm?

makes the most credits.. though i really cant stand 'stronk camp bush' tactics lately.

for me, i would be buying one of the t8 mediums.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Not a fan of turretless TDs. I have the Super Pershing already and nothing else smaller than a heavy really catches my fancy. Not overly interested in the Lowe so T34 or KV5 really. Frankly... I think the T34 is going to win.

• Advertisement

The T34 is a good tank so long as you don't mind the slow US heavy style of play. It sees Tier X though, which is both bad and good, the main benefit is that you can platoon with regular Tier VIII tanks without problems whereas the IS6, KV-5 etc should never do this. The bad is you have to face Tier X tanks and some of the nonsense at that tier. :P

Right so.... Got a bonus in work for last financial year so I'm splashing on a premium. T34 or KV5.

You decide.

I'm US centric tank wise so expect to be comfortable with the t34 however the KV5 offers a nice change of pace.

I got both now and its like choosing between your children. :p

T34 is a lot of fun in platoons. It took a while to get used to it, but when you do - its great TD!
    KV-5 is just big, fat, stupid. I love it! It plays Tier 8 games mostly and for that Tier it is a very very strong Tank. I just love Yolo with it and see how much punishment I can take. One thing you need to learn with KV-5 is rocking yourself between shots. Everyone and their mums will try to aim you at weak spots, so when you moving 24/7, it will piss them off. :D

Personally I've found the tier 5 premiums to be more fun. Obviously they don't earn as much, but they still earn plenty. Plus for the cost of either tier 8, you could get both a T14 and Churchill III or KV-220. Plus the T14 is about to get a discount within the month.

Personally I've found the tier 5 premiums to be more fun. Obviously they don't earn as much, but they still earn plenty. Plus for the cost of either tier 8, you could get both a T14 and Churchill III or KV-220. Plus the T14 is about to get a discount within the month.

I personally hate myself spreading over too many tanks. I know you could buy more Tanks for T34, but I better play one Tank, then 3. In the end Premium tanks are mostly used to print credits.

I personally hate myself spreading over too many tanks. I know you could buy more Tanks for T34, but I better play one Tank, then 3. In the end Premium tanks are mostly used to print credits.
    For me premium tanks is about making money AND to train crews; that also means I tend to rotate my premium tanks around to not grow to bored (and things like the SU-122 or E25 are pure trolllolololol playing anyway :P ).

Once credits aren't an issue, crew training is more useful since it directly feeds back into Clan Wars benefits, since my KV-220 has my IS-7 crew, my T26E4 has my M48 Patton crew, and the upcoming T14 will get my T110E5 crew.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Nody wrote: »
    T34 because you can use your existing crews and it plays exactly as US heavies plays so no need to change your style :)
    Not a fan of turretless TDs. I have the Super Pershing already and nothing else smaller than a heavy really catches my fancy. Not overly interested in the Lowe so T34 or KV5 really....
    I think your answer has been given.

I treated myself to the JT 8.8 a while back....I already have the TD crews but am not too comfortable with the slow camp style of play for the 8.8. Maybe I'll get it later on.....

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭CHorn

I am in love with KV-5. Its just so god damn though and fun to play. In a lot of cases I get surrounded and it takes about 5 people to take me down.
    Just curious what you kitted it out with equipment-wise? I picked one up in a 'Rare Tank Mega Bundle' @ worldoftanks.com/en/news/31/post-holiday-premium-shop/ (last in list) late last year (US server but have EU account too), along with the KV-220 and other odds/ends.

I put vents, rammer, superheavy spall liner on it (ammo 45P/10APCR/5HE, large Health/Repair/Auto FE) after some research but always curious about others' experiences with it. Thanks for any input.

CHorn wrote: »
    Just curious what you kitted it out with equipment-wise? I picked one up in a 'Rare Tank Mega Bundle' @ worldoftanks.com/en/news/31/post-holiday-premium-shop/ (last in list) late last year (US server but have EU account too), along with the KV-220 and other odds/ends.

I put vents, rammer, superheavy spall liner on it (ammo 45P/10APCR/5HE, large Health/Repair/Auto FE) after some research but always curious about others' experiences with it. Thanks for any input.

Gun rammer
    Vents
    Vertical Stabiliser

Aim time can be a bitch on this tank and I just wanted some extra reload time with Rammer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭CHorn

1) I am in love with KV-5. Its just so god damn though and fun to play. In a lot of cases I get surrounded and it takes about 5 people to take me down.

2) Sometimes people just ignore me and don't shoot, why bother lol.

3) Its still has premium matchmaking too, right? No tier 10 games.
    CHorn wrote: »
    Just curious what you kitted it out with equipment-wise?

I put vents, rammer, superheavy spall liner on it (ammo 45AP/10APCR/5HE, large Health/Repair/Auto FE) after some research but always curious about others' experiences with it.
    Gun rammer
    Vents
    Vertical Stabiliser

4) Aim time can be a bitch on this tank and I just wanted some extra reload time with Rammer.

Thanks for feedback.

1) Yes, great fun in situations like this. And oh the spotting damage you can rack up as your erstwhile pub 'comrades' try to help you out. I'm still working on getting this to perform well and that's an enjoyable challenge.

2) LoL yes, though they usually call in arty strikes which is why I went for the Superheavy Spall Liner (+50% armor protection from ramming/explosions, +50% crew protection- in conjunction with large repair/health kits for their +%ages I find quite a useful combo). If there were air strikes available I'm sure they'd call these in too.

3) Latest MM chart I could find was 9.1 @ forum.worldoftanks.asia/index.php?/topic/40273-matchmaker-cac-dong-tank-trong-phien-b%E1%BA%A3n-91/ where it shows seeing only 8-9.

4) Yes it was a tough call between vertical stabilizer and spall liner but I went for survival over accuracy and on the grounds you're often shooting close up. Also ramming is a major option in the KV-5 and spall liner helps- (some of my) research here (a lot of mixed messages):
    forum.worldoftanks.asia/index.php?/topic/20172-equipment-for-kv-5-with-poll/
    forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/308853-advice-needed-on-superheavy-spall-liner/
    forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/334750-super-heavy-spall-liner-usage/
    forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/250174-new-heavy-and-superheavy-spall-liners/

Looking back maybe I should have gone with vertical stabilizer instead of vents for rammer, vertical stabilizer, superheavy spall liner, but vents is my default for everything when possible. It's the ONLY heavy I put a spall liner on, everything else I find needs other kit more.

It's 750K also and I got it @ 50% damage off (of course!). If full price I'd think a lot more carefully whether worth it but at 375K yes (c5-10 games).

Advertisement