Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just General Chat About WoT

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Watching a certain boardsie on the PAX WoT stream :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

So as part of my progress to the FV4202/AX Centurion, I set out to get my daily triple.

I put in 6 losses in a row, despite putting in excellent games frequently topping 4k damage.

Then the matchmaker gives me this:

6QQAKW_thumb.jpg

So naturally I fluff the match entirely, doing just 800 dmg for my triple....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

anyone played the m48a1 p(f)atton?

the m46 i rage sold about a year ago, stock grind was worst i ever had and my stats were horrific in it. re bought it few months ago and its my fav tier 9 medium. jack of all trades, master of none, suppsoedly the m48 is similar.

think ill make the leap tonight and buy it, have it unlocked a while.

i figure if i liked the m46 that much i should like the m48. gonna put my crew into m48 and re train my hellkitty crew for m46 after 9.3 i think... dont think i could sell the m46. i prefer it now to the t54.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2014/09/04/premium-tanks-get-more-bonuses/

Yay, significantly more value in premium tanks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Spear wrote: »

That will make life so much better for crew training which is the main reason for me to buy a premium tank these days.

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,743 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

I didnt think I could love my E-25 anymore than now.......

Tenger wrote: »
    I didnt think I could love my E-25 anymore than now.......

And it's in addition to the 1.35 on the Churchill III....

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I have not played for almost a week. I am doing not bad, but ffs, my Team mates are mate out of 100% Retard.

Heres what I got just now. A mastery badge for a loss... :rolleyes:

NewBitmapImage_zpsf6edbc5a.png

More of the influence of WoT on the modelling side:

A Panther F (e.g. elite Panther with 75mm L/100 and Schmalturm):

http://www.dragonmodelsusa.com/dmlusa/prodd.asp?pid=DRA6799

And an ISU-152-2 (e.g. an ISU-152 with BL-10):

http://www.dragonmodelsusa.com/dmlusa/prodd.asp?pid=DRA6796

and an IS-7:

http://www.trumpeter-china.com/a/en/product/armor/1_35_Series/2014/0830/2715.html

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

zero19 wrote: »
    Watching a certain boardsie on the PAX WoT stream :)

A figment of your deranged imagination.

A figment of your deranged imagination.

Cos no boardsie would ever get involved with WG....

Anyway, on a brighter note, I've passed the halfway mark, and I've now got more than 100k XP on my Cent 7/1 and my FV4202 draws ever closer.

You just unlocking it to get the free premium if they go that route?

I was already working on the Cent 7 when the news of the replacement came out. It just gives me reason to prioritise it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Cos no boardsie would ever get involved with WG.....

Did you catch I gave Limerick a shoutout?

More mixed and conflicting messages about the FV4202:

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2014/09/14/evilly-qa-from-stalin-line/

Seems the senior devs are split on whether to give it for free or use it as a mission reward. And Evilly is happily telling people his view, even though they've also said the decision isn't to be taken until November.

looks like if you have it unlocked then you will have access to the mission.

current mission is ruining tier 10 games, too many mediums.

ona side note, just bought the t110e4, guns less trollish than the t30 and bounces quite a lot of shots, really cool tank. i like it. loved the t30 though, so knew i would like it. not as much depression either.

That seems the least ideal compromise. The amount of already unlocked FV4202s is fairly low to begin with (noobmeter reports that the more recent STB-1 has 50% more games than the FV4202), and the combination of grind and then mission will be very off putting to the majority.

have seen a lot of fv4202s going around lately

copeyhagen wrote: »
    have seen a lot of fv4202s going around lately

But is that a response to the months of speculation about the premium switch?

• Advertisement

i would imagine so yes, people that grinded the line based on the presumption they would get a free tier 8 wont be happy!

im up to tier 5 on that line from when it was first released... might jump back in and grind it out in case they do give it as a freebie. or at elast as long as the mission is not as retarded as current mission.

Free 300 gold for resetting your password on the EU server currently.

And free TOG II*'s in October:

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2014/09/22/wg-eu-events-in-october-and-partially-november/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Some interesting missions/discounts.

E-100 and M48 Patton on discount even though they've already been done while Objects 263, 140 and 261 get ignored.

The TOG II mission does seem very achievable.

Quite a few vehicle discounts which could be a major credit-sink for me personally.

Also credit rewards are back for completing missions. I guess if there was a case of in-game inflation, it has cooled off.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭VikingG

Not sure I want a TOG II ... I always quite like chipping away at them till their dead.... but that is quite an achievable mission for a free premium...

thanks for the heads up on the password change...

The TOG II* mission if very doable though, unlike the Type 62/KV-220 mess. You only need to do it on 15 days, and 8 of the days in that timeframe are weekends to begin with.

taking a week or two break from tenks, cant stomach playing randoms with so many bad players in the game.. sick of 15-30% chance to win games.

done 6k damage, 5 kills and we stil lgot rap3d on sat.. break required.

might come back and try the new lights in a week or so.

just started playing neverwinter, looks cool

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

copeyhagen wrote: »
    taking a week or two break from tenks, cant stomach playing randoms with so many bad players in the game.. sick of 15-30% chance to win games.

done 6k damage, 5 kills and we stil lgot rap3d on sat.. break required.

might come back and try the new lights in a week or so.

just started playing neverwinter, looks cool

Same here for me. WoT will probably be a game that's installed on my HD for as long as it exists but I need to take a couple of months off here and there for my sanity. Currently blasting it out in Titanfall and BF3. Nice change of pace.

only liked bf3 when i could use my camera thing as sniper to lift me up to the roofs on the buildings in strike at karkand. when they enrfed that i stopped playing!!

• Advertisement

So, now I'm at 83% of the way to the FV4202. I'm that painful part of the grind where I have enough free XP to simply buy the FV4202 already and every single missed shot and lost match brings a fresh spike in temptation to do so.

Advertisement