Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just General Chat About WoT

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Pffft... check out this team of tactical geniuses. Can you guess where they are all going? Unsurprisingly enemy mediums showed up 3 mins into the game, crushed me and capped (half the team already dead in the town and the remainder pinging out 'defend the base' messages....) *flips desk over and walks out*

316422.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,184 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2014/07/30/historical-matchmaker/

This is an amusing one. Seems the Soviets tended to rate tanks by a combat waiting system which seems to show a fair bit of correspondence to the tiers used in WoT.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

lol just read that in the toilet in work!

was more interested in the 9.2 failure on the RU servers and they had to pull the 'stronkhold' straight away!!

doubt we will see 9.2 today...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

So I just watched a russian youtuber who had interviewed one of the bigger people in wargaming ( cant remember the name ) and he asked about that British tank that will be droped to be premium.
    So anyway, whole thing is planed for autumn and at the moment they are looking to do same thing that they did with T34. Those who own it, will get it as free premium. Still not written in stone though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,184 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

There's already a differing update on it:

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2014/07/30/british-tanks-final-decision/

The replacement is the ActionX centurion, it will become premium but not necessarily for free.

• Advertisement

Spear wrote: »
    There's already a differing update on it:

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2014/07/30/british-tanks-final-decision/

The replacement is the ActionX centurion, it will become premium but not necessarily for free.

Like I said, not written in stone. Just saying what dude said in interview.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,279 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

So I just watched a russian youtuber who had interviewed one of the bigger people in wargaming ( cant remember the name ) and he asked about that British tank that will be droped to be premium.
    So anyway, whole thing is planed for autumn and at the moment they are looking to do same thing that they did with T34. Those who own it, will get it as free premium. Still not written in stone though.
    Doubt they'll do it in the end; they have been very clear with the fact they don't want to give out freebies (i.e. premium tanks / free exp / gold / credits) anymore from tank changes (because the forums explode every time a change comes how they should get the exp back etc. as with <insert other tank change>).

Nody wrote: »
    Doubt they'll do it in the end; they have been very clear with the fact they don't want to give out freebies (i.e. premium tanks / free exp / gold / credits) anymore from tank changes (because the forums explode every time a change comes how they should get the exp back etc. as with <insert other tank change>).

The rule when it comes to video game communities - EVERYONE will bitch and moan no matter what way you decide to go.

The rule when it comes to video game communities - EVERYONE will bitch and moan no matter what way you decide to go.

And as a corollary, if there's nothing wrong, people will imagine and concoct things that are wrong.

and every release is a failure!

i deffo read an interview on ftr (could be one spear linked i didnt look) where WG said there would 100% NOT be a free premium given away when the fv4202 was replaced. and that the chieftain(i think) will deffo not be implemented for a number of reasons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭VikingG

9.2 Release is out today... 2Gig download....

copeyhagen wrote: »
    and every release is a failure!

i deffo read an interview on ftr (could be one spear linked i didnt look) where WG said there would 100% NOT be a free premium given away when the fv4202 was replaced. and that the chieftain(i think) will deffo not be implemented for a number of reasons.

Things changed. The Chieftain turned out to not have as high a level of armour as originally thought.

I don't know what to think about a possible free premium FV4202. They certainly gave away a lot of T34s the first time round. But that needed people to unlock a tier 9 rather than a 10. And the FV4202 was never popular, plus there's many more tank links to dilute the amount further. My suspicion is that they'll give it away because it'll spur people to play more in the run-up.

Guess the russian servers were hotfixed so.

Ilove Wot, but this is just silly lol.

Thats right, damn. New patch... I need QBs mod pack :(. Even if I am using only zoom out and map view ranges.

Edit: double xp weekend and kv5 on sale! Must resist!!!

So... Strongholds.... Does it mean everyone just have to go and get a clan now as its just free buff and it would be stupid to turn it down?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Thats right, damn. New patch... I need QBs mod pack......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUoWw3luIjg&list=UUQWHq9e1hN268yjgYq-0hNw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

So... Strongholds.... Does it mean everyone just have to go and get a clan now as its just free buff and it would be stupid to turn it down?

I logged in this evening, saw the Stronghold thing and checked it out. My clanmates were playing it today. Because they won/placed some buildings down, I apparently get 2% extra credits and experience in every battle I play.

regarding the new ad, from 'ftr'
    So, this is an ad, intended for the Discovery Channel, it was recently linked on Challenger’s channel. Somehow, I think it sums up the company really well:

- “historically accurate” – WT E-100 says hi
    - “sense of authenticity” – tanks stopping on the spot, jumping over one another, stuff from 60′s fighting Maus, very authentic
    - “perfect detail” – yes, especially the non-HD models (95 percent of them)
    - “you can’t win this game alone” – but unfortunately for you, it is infested with bots and noobs, so good luck
    - “gameplay is tough” – the arty one in particular (one click wonder)
    - “your mission just got more exciting, more dynamic” – yep, 10 minute El Halluf campfest or Komarin, very exciting
    - “new high definition maps” – there aren’t any HD maps!
    - “new historical battle modes” – there was one and it just got cancelled!
    - “seriously intense battles” – in World of Advertisement, there is no camping
    - “who’s gonna make the first move” – noone, everyone’s camping
    - “be strategic, get in the mind of enemy” – they will move first, let’s camp!

This ad made me cringe and laugh at the same time. Wargaming, you can really do better than this…

LOL, love silentstalker

Make sure you all login from today onwards, and over the weekend, to get the free tier 2 Te-Ke light premium tank added.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Make sure you all login from today onwards, and over the weekend, to get the free tier 2 Te-Ke light premium tank added.

Great time for some Seal Clubbing in a T18 perhaps?

after all the whining about the t18 being op on the forums, i went and bought one the other day and put my 3 skill spare crew in it..

much lols, havent played it much though tbh.

Anyone getting multiple x2 for victories? It's happening on the SEA server. Not sure it's intended. I'm onto my 3rd win for x2 xp.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,279 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Anyone getting multiple x2 for victories? It's happening on the SEA server. Not sure it's intended. I'm onto my 3rd win for x2 xp.
    It's part of the weekend special.

It's part of the weekend special.

ah cool. Shame I have to work tomorrow..... I've just never seen the x2 victories carry over. Normally they just do x5s don't they?

ah cool. Shame I have to work tomorrow..... I've just never seen the x2 victories carry over. Normally they just do x5s don't they?

They do it rarely. The x5 is only for a first victory, but this is x2 for all victories, making it much more productive for grinding on a specific tank.

They do it rarely. The x5 is only for a first victory, but this is x2 for all victories, making it much more productive for grinding on a specific tank.
    I have two tanks in mind for it already to get those Tier Xs that much closer (the Tier 9 grind can really get to me at times being so close yet so far away and constantly fighting Tier Xs :/, being punished for being arty don't help either... ).

I have two tanks in mind for it already to get those Tier Xs that much closer (the Tier 9 grind can really get to me at times being so close yet so far away and constantly fighting Tier Xs :/, being punished for being arty don't help either... ).

I'm going for the FV4202 and FV215b, especially given the Top of the Tree bonus for the FV215b.

Yesterday I got dumped by GF, with who I was 10 years together. So I decided to cheer myself up at least a bit. got that KV-5 bundle.

NewBitmapImage_zps3d05316b.png

• Advertisement

I am in love with KV-5. Its just so god damn though and fun to play. In a lot of cases I get surrounded and it takes about 5 people to take me down. Sometimes people just ignore me and dont shoot, why bother lol.

Its still has premium matchmaking too, right? No tier 10 games.

Advertisement