Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just General Chat About WoT

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Tom75 wrote: »
    So what now? ARL44 or M6?

Both meh, but both lines are pretty good. Very different though, ARL line after tier 7 goes in to pure autoloaders and M6 goes in to a very solid all around Heavy tank line.

Just decide what you want in the future: Autoloaders or non-autoloaders.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Tom75

I'm on 8T on French line and 9 on USA line, with 2900 battles on Kv1Sport so far.
    Just looking for someone with more battles on different then kv1s tank (from6T), with some advice - what will be good enough for fun on 6T.
    For now have in garage ARL44, Hellcat, T34-85, AT8.
    Looks like now game will be more balanced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

KV-2 for fun, use 152mm cannon with HE shells. T-150 or M6 will probably become the heavy tank of choice for tier VI companies and tournaments.

I have twenty tier VI vehicles in my garage including one premium vehicle. I personally like playing the Germans, VK 36.01(H), VK 30.02(M) and VK 30.01(P). Nashorn is vulnerable but has a great gun for it's tier.

Cromwell is considered a good tank, with great manouverability. It's also vulnerable so you have to avoid taking hits and constantly be flanking.

The two Shermans on tier VI are also pretty decent. The E8 for a fast-firing accurate cannon and the E2 for derping people with the 105mm.

AMX 12 t is a joy to play when played correctly.

Do you know any Irish (or from Ireland) clan on WOT?

No true Irish clan but Boards.ie members created their own clan called....Boards.ie, which was international anyway. This later merged with another clan to form Cry Havoc which has the most Irish players of any clan. They have different divisions, Cry Havoc, Cry Havoc II, Cry Havoc 3 and Cry Havoc Aux to suit almost any kind of player/playstyle.

Here's a link to the first clan:http://worldoftanks.eu/community/clans/500001916-CRY/#

and a link to the forum recruitment thread: http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/349282-clan-cry-havoc-recruitment-reopened/

• Advertisement

Well, that was an interesting MM and it was a lot fun too.

NewBitmapImage_zps0b3f3dfe.png

It ended up like this. the most I ever made credits on T34 profit (110k) considering I did not got hit even once lol.
    NewBitmapImage_zpsc72b3844.png

What MOD do you use? (circles on the mini map)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,279 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Tom75 wrote: »
    What MOD do you use? (circles on the mini map)
    XVM Map mod if I don't mistake; the circles are the vision ranges.

Works fine :-)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Well I just had a match where my team had a 9% win chance.......strangely no-one was whining after we spawned. I did a suicide scout in my Pz. I.C and managed to spot 6 of them. Final score was 15-9 against us. Not bad for 9% to be fair.

• Advertisement

The win chance percentage is really screwed on the lower tiers, probably because most new players have bad or almost non-existant stats. If one or two players with good stats are on one team then the win chance swings wildly their way.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Tenger wrote: »
    Well I just had a match where my team had a 9% win chance.......strangely no-one was whining after we spawned. I did a suicide scout in my Pz. I.C and managed to spot 6 of them. Final score was 15-9 against us. Not bad for 9% to be fair.

Just turn it off :) I finally installed XVM for the map mod but didn't bother with the win chance. It just makes you bitter :P I did smile the other day, had a hellcat driver start whinging at how **** the team was before kick off. I told him to stop being an XVM whiner. He calls my stats **** and how I won't do any good and he dies in about 10 seconds and I turn out the top damage dealer even beating the top enemy for damage (who did win in the end as the hellcats flank fell almost straight away). At one stage I effectively took on and was beating 3 heavies solo till a friendly e25 zipped over to help.

Having said that even with the basic stats on you can get a good idea of the outcome. Reds do really tend to A: camp or B: run right at the enemy. Still, I try to ignore it as it does nothing for my mental well being :)

Aenaes wrote: »
    The win chance percentage is really screwed on the lower tiers, probably because most new players have bad or almost non-existant stats. If one or two players with good stats are on one team then the win chance swings wildly their way.
    I agree. Especially when the winrate seems to be based on number of battles played as equally as % winrate and WN number.
    Just turn it off :) I finally installed XVM for the map mod but didn't bother with the win chance. It just makes you bitter :P ......
    Well I use a pre-uploaded XVM package. (Never able to get my own custom one to work) But I don't bother with the % to win that much. It may affect whether how I play myself but I don't see it as a good rating. (And the fact that I am not a good player also means it bollix!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭VikingG

If I see that we have a low win % then I hold back more and play a bit more defensively.... ie just go third way into the map on one flank and try to hold that.

I have completely disabled XVM thing. I hate seeing my own stats every time and chance to win. When I don't see all that I play a lot more relaxed, efficient and actually having fun.

I had a good game last night with T28, but we still lost. I did 5000 damage and killed 3 ( or 5, cant remember) people. Tanked with my armour a ton of shots too. Still got sodomized something like 8 to 15. I though I will burst a testicle. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

i have stats on, but chance to win disabled.. gives a good diea of what to expect.

like you, i had a game in my t29 yesterday, done 4k damage and lost. next highest damage dealer on my team done 900... fookin joke.

had a game straight after in my 704, tier 9 game, my win8 of 3500 was highest on team, rest were red. i knew what was coming, other 14 players were dead within about 4 minutes leaving me. dead myself soon after.

wot can be so fooking annoying. a game thats so dependant on team ability, the mm needs a total overhaul imo.

every game should be no worse than a 45%

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭VikingG

In some ways I am not convinced that balancing MM using player skills is going to give better games..... maybe the variability you get at the moment is good and can you force you to have different play styles.....

sometimes having very matched teams can lead to a stalemate

VikingG wrote: »
    In some ways I am not convinced that balancing MM using player skills is going to give better games..... maybe the variability you get at the moment is good and can you force you to have different play styles.....

sometimes having very matched teams can lead to a stalemate

Thing is that it will try to balance out machines, but you just need one good person in good tank and other team is in huge disadvantage right off. I had few games where tank wise we were balanced well, but got destroyed 2-15 etc.

There should be some sort of ladder or league system like in Starcraft. Putting everyone in to one pot maybe is fast for MM, but what's thevpoint being in that MM if you are surrounded by quickybabies.

I would agree with the league idea. My winrate is currently 50%...so 1% above average. Does that me I'm better than average or is is that I'm getting matched on winning teams?

Lets say they introduced the idea that you would be teamed up with players no more than 5% above/below your %. (If game queue goes beyond 3-4 mins this could increase to 7-10%) That way at least you might get all 30 players at a similar skill level.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,180 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

The upcoming anniversary rewards are curious:

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2014/07/29/wargaming-anniversary-coming/

Most of it is the standard boring stuff (yay! more fire extinguishers), but one of the rewards is a most unusual one, it's 75k in crew XP. Not a percentage, a lump sum.

• Advertisement

I was looking at that and wondering how it will be awarded. I'm guessing you don't have to complete the 60 wins in one vehicle so perhaps the vehicle you use for the 60th win gets the crew experience?

Spear wrote: »
    The upcoming anniversary rewards are curious:

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2014/07/29/wargaming-anniversary-coming/

Most of it is the standard boring stuff (yay! more fire extinguishers), but one of the rewards is a most unusual one, it's 75k in crew XP. Not a percentage, a lump sum.

For which crew though? Can you play all your tanks and stack it up, then then which ever crew completed mission gets 75k?

sign of premium tank too. nice!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,180 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I would presume it's only on the tank that's used for the match that completes the mission.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,279 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Being in top 5 for xp 60 times in three days? You'd earn a lot more then the 75k crew exp for sure (if I read that correctly it's 75k crew exp but your tank has 4 to 7 crew so 10.7k to 18.75k per crew member; that's 5 daily doubles for the lower side as they all get the full whack of earned exp)

You have a month to achieve the 60 wins.

Aenaes wrote: »
    You have a month to achieve the 60 wins.
    Guess it helps to read closer :P but I'm still underwhelmed by it. Taking the first skill (excl. gunner etc.) from 0% to 100% is 210,064 exp; second is twice that; so what we're talking about is on your first skill you get to go from 91% to 100% for free on one guy...

It's a nice bonus if you're just playing the game anyway. Get two victories a day where you end up in the top 5 players.

Nody wrote: »
    Guess it helps to read closer :P but I'm still underwhelmed by it. Taking the first skill (excl. gunner etc.) from 0% to 100% is 210,064 exp; second is twice that; so what we're talking about is on your first skill you get to go from 91% to 100% for free on one guy...

But it's an interesting precedent for further rewards though.

Had a few games with my buddy today. Had some nice games and some just "will ya just feck off!".

I have to say that it becomes fun to play on platoon with 8++ tier stuff. Anything lower and MM just makes it a,survivor game, not a game of tanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

so, had a game in t30... they had 3 tier 10s versus our 1 tier 10, and ours was an arty.. i thought, this game is a definate loss... team of pancakes too:

shot_003.jpg
    and we end up winning, quite comfortably too... so xvm isnt totally reliable!
    shot_005.jpg

Advertisement