Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just General Chat About WoT

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,279 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    I have stopped playing WOT myself as it was just becoming less and less fun. I have started playing War Thunder but its got the same annoying issues (i.e everything Russian is much better)
    You know how games tell you should take regular breaks? Well WoT (both versions) has the built in mechanism to ensure you take 'em :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Well, this was unexpected... for the first time in my life I enjoyed a game in T28. thats to say that for the first time in my life T28 armour actually worked! :pac:
    I think I finished full HP and and only got my tracks bucked. I did got shot 10 times and 2660hp blocked my armour.

NewBitmapImage_zps43653f61.png

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

copeyhagen wrote: »
    was away for 2.5 weeks, came home tuesday evening played few games, won nearly all of them and enjoyed it a lot after the break. got ace tanker badge in tiger i for a loss!

Sometimes it helps to take a break alright.
    What a day.... Started off in my T34, which was instapoped by enemy arty at very start of the match.
    Then a mix of okay games and **** games.
    And a pinnacle of today was when I played T28 and tried to hold my position, but my own team T34 just blocked me in from behind so he would hide his hull and I would get all the shots. After few firefights I told him to feck off and give me some space, but instead he called me noob and just started to push me out in front of enemy fire from a cover. I killed enemy tank, did some damage and survived that with 9hp. I called him an asshole, so he just turned to me and killed me.... Called me a noob and idiot few times, rolled to his death and then called all our team noobs and ******s.
    We lost and I just jumped in to other tank to play on. When I came back I sow that he went in to private chat with me and gave me **** that my score was lower then his and that I am a complete noob. ( I did played T28 with only Second gun, but I still managed to kill 2 tanks and do 1600 damage ) He added me in to ignore list too so I could not say a thing to him...
    Right after that I played ARL 44 and got one shoted by G.W.Tiger as soon as I got in to position. I did not even see who scouted me out.

This game can just make you lose faith in humanity and make you want to purge some of the human kind scum population.

Yeah I've had a dude do that to me before. Convos, messages about the size of his XVM stat penis and then put me on ignore. Can only imagine it's a child.

Me and my buddies went crazy and did T34 3 player platoon lol. Matchmaking was fantastic for us and we played mainly in tier 8 and a few non crazy tier 9 games.

We had a lot of fun and managed to print good few credits each. 3 T34 in right position can be such a bitch! :D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 79 ✭✭Drweavil

Ooo my first one of these :)

315006.jpg

• Advertisement

You need like 100 games for it, right? Its cool and something I would love to have, but are those permanent? Any screen shots how it looks on your tank m8?

Question from about T54 lads. What gun to go for? So far I am leaning towards the one with more pen and the one that goes to T62A. I am not decided on which tier X to go, but I have enough time to decide.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 79 ✭✭Drweavil

You need like 100 games for it, right? Its cool and something I would love to have, but are those permanent? Any screen shots how it looks on your tank m8?

Question from about T54 lads. What gun to go for? So far I am leaning towards the one with more pen and the one that goes to T62A. I am not decided on which tier X to go, but I have enough time to decide.
    No you've got to be better than 65% of the entire player group on that tank, it's a rolling total so you've got to be consistently good and you can lose it too (or I think that's the case).

Here's a pic of it... pretty crappy if you ask me.
    315102.jpg

I've seen it on a Russian tank and it was close to the mantlet. Looked nice I thought. Bit weird on the T49 whacking it in the middle of the gun. Still though. Fair play.

First round with top gun on the IS3. It's freaking mental. Really changes the tank.

First round with top gun on the IS3. It's freaking mental. Really changes the tank.

Is-3 is just great tank all together. I got Tiger II now and I just dream of it to be at least half as good. That gun is just amazin.

On different note. In my opinion Wot has the worst community in video games. I played 20 years games and wot takes the cherry.
    You know how at the beginning of each match there is a cluster **** of people driving everywhere. So while I was driving up my way, IS-3 gave me command to Halt, so he could drive pass in front of me. Its the first time happened to me and it was sort of funny. So I stoped ( he did had good speed already, so it would be better off let him pass anyway )and wrote "Lol" in chat. his response was priceless: "**** YOU". :rolleyes:
    I asked him why? Its not like I insulted him, to which he said "**** YOU! I wIll **** you mother!"...
    Okay...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,279 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

On different note. In my opinion Wot has the worst community in video games. I played 20 years games and wot takes the cherry.
    You know how at the beginning of each match there is a cluster **** of people driving everywhere. So while I was driving up my way, IS-3 gave me command to Halt, so he could drive pass in front of me. Its the first time happened to me and it was sort of funny. So I stoped ( he did had good speed already, so it would be better off let him pass anyway )and wrote "Lol" in chat. his response was priceless: "**** YOU". :rolleyes:
    I asked him why? Its not like I insulted him, to which he said "**** YOU! I wIll **** you mother!"...
    Okay...
    Nah; Eve got it beat by horse lengths. Between the scamming, the real life hacking of TS servers, hacking of accounts to disband corps, stealing of literally thousands of $ of stuff in game to original Goons etc. it got it beat by a mile. Then again in many ways the style was on a different level rather then the angsty teen style and it's much more down to petty individuals then on a much larger scale.

Nody wrote: »
    Nah; Eve got it beat by horse lengths. Between the scamming, the real life hacking of TS servers, hacking of accounts to disband corps, stealing of literally thousands of $ of stuff in game to original Goons etc. it got it beat by a mile. Then again in many ways the style was on a different level rather then the angsty teen style and it's much more down to petty individuals then on a much larger scale.

Well, in EVE online to be a Prick is LEGAL! :p Game like that I cant even put in to Bad or Good community bracket. Part of being asshole is the point of EVE. Even so, there are tons of very helpful and nice people.

Wish I would have enough time to play EVE. :(

God, I love T54. I only have tracks for it, but even at stock it can be such a little bastard! Just had a nice game where I still managed to do over 2500 damage, armour tanked 3500 damage!!!
    I can only imagine how huge of a bastard T54 will be when fully upgraded. I am still not decided on gun though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

i have it stock too and absolutly hate it stock! its like a go kart once upgraded but my god, so bad stock.

im gonna free xp all modules. personally, the t62a is the better t10 imo with the stronger turret, so thats the gun im going for.

God, I love T54. I only have tracks for it, but even at stock it can be such a little bastard! Just had a nice game where I still managed to do over 2500 damage, armour tanked 3500 damage!!!
    I can only imagine how huge of a bastard T54 will be when fully upgraded. I am still not decided on gun though.
    You'll need both guns anyway (why not unlock two Tier Xs with one tank?) so you can simply start with the T62A gun and then once you unlock the second gun use it for another 50k exp and make a final call :)

Nody wrote: »
    You'll need both guns anyway (why not unlock two Tier Xs with one tank?) so you can simply start with the T62A gun and then once you unlock the second gun use it for another 50k exp and make a final call :)

Aye, that's the plan. T54 is going to something that I will keep for long time. Both object and t62a are great tanks and we'll worth owning.

Yes, stock it is rubbish, but there are stock rubbish tanks where you.are just a whipping boy and there are t54 stock rubbish, where you can still hold your ground and be very dangerous. I am going to get turret and then convert xp for gun. It's well worth it as t54 us a cracker of a tank.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,180 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2014/07/21/straight-outta-supertest-kv-1s-nerf-kv-85/

Looks like the first details of the KV-1S getting the pummeling with the nerf bat that it deserved.

I was a bit worried when it came out the 122mm was staying, but it seems it's being reduced to a different roll of something more akin to the FV215(183) style big but slow hits. Hopefully this will lead to people using 85 or 100mm guns on it instead.

Holy crap, its not a Nerf, its turning a tank in to bicycle lol. Well deserved though. I hated meeting KV1s even when I drove tier 8 tanks.

Spear wrote: »

Looks like the first details of the KV-1S getting the pummeling with the nerf bat that it deserved.

I was a bit worried when it came out the 122mm was staying, but it seems it's being reduced to a different roll of something more akin to the FV215(183) style big but slow hits. Hopefully this will lead to people using 85 or 100mm guns on it instead.

Awh nooooooooo.

It isn't often I get a proper lol out of WoT but I just had my first match in my new ARl 44 with its stock turret. It's like I have a tank on a tank it's so big.

315441.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,180 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I'm not sure if that victory is a good thing or not: 10 kills, yet a 22k credit loss...

But it shows off the contradiction of the 2Js armour versus its tier 1 gun.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

just watched jingles video he uploaded there, the good the bad and the ugly, 3 of them in the same battle!! even with the apcr they fail to do any real damage to each other.. funny stuff

The trick is the upper front plate, it's only 20mm. Apparently none of them seemed to know that.

My buddy bought that German tank bundle. Its only 60£ for them.... 100eu for us.... Bull****.

Just had a fantastic round in an IS in Kharkov. Found the sweet spot for a sidescrape. 37 hits received, 19 pen 18 non pen. Armor blocked 7,120 dmg. Total troll moment it was and despite being tracked for most of the round I still came out second highest dmg dealer.

However the enemy was a bit ****. We didn't lose anyone and a large chunk of the enemy distracted themselves with shooting off my tracks for the entire round :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Tom75

Hi,
    Is it any thread with player's names or company names using in WOT?

HERE

and

HERE

Can't guarantee anything in regards to accuracy. I'm Pew_Pew but I play on the SEA server as I live in Australia.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Spear wrote: »

Looks like the first details of the KV-1S getting the pummeling with the nerf bat that it deserved......
    Just in time!
    I unlocked the -1S 3 days ago. Bugger

I watch a Russian youtuber of Wot and he is pretty good. Russian slang in Wot is just plain stupidly funny, its a shame it does not translate in to english porpelry.

Kv-1s = Kv-1Sport. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Tom75

So what now? ARL44 or M6?

Advertisement