Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just General Chat About WoT

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

boxtank no take prisoners

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

TOG understand, TOG strong like boxtank.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,129 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,743 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Spear wrote: »

On the WoT forums opinion seems to be that existing KV-1S owners will keep the new Tier 5 version and be given the Tier 6 KV-85.

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/411271-kv-1skv-85-nerf111/page__st__60#topmost

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,129 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I suspect it's far more likely the current KV-1S's will be replaced with the KV-85, and all KV-1S stats will be transferred to that. I'm skeptical that there'll be free (new) KV-1S. When a tank was moved up in the past, people got the new one and the lower tier one, but not when a new lower tier was added below, e.g. the StuG, Panzer 4, DW2 etc.

• Advertisement

when kv1 was split into kv1 and kv2 both were given free, not sure if it was a case that it needed to be in garage or just unlocked. i had it in garage as it was my fav tank. :p

ifi look at my stats i have 8 kill game in kv1, but never got a radley walters.. must have been pre medals or something..

the radley walters has eluded me so long, so many games of 7 kills....

might start playing kv1 again till i get it.. 3 skill crew at tier 5 is nice when your top tier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

I'm really enjoying the Comet. I was apprehensive when starting it because I heard it's a downgrade from the Cromwell. Yes, it can't match the Cromwell's speed but it's still mobile enough for a medium and perhaps having less speed is preventing me from reaching stupid positions at times :p

Also, these experience bonuses for finishing in the top three players are great. I'm halfway to the Caernarvon.

quickybaby **** over the comet alright. so does jingles.

might start that route myself, wont egt the tier 10 before the changes though.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Is it me or Wargaming ****ed over Credit Rewards lately? I am losing money a lot more often then used too. Even some okay games still losing me money.
    2 lads I play with said that too...

I don't think they've changed the credit earnings per battle but I think they stopped all the credit rewards for missions because there was some degree of inflation caused. So you may be experiencing the loss of those credits from completed missions.

• Advertisement

had a couple of poxy games last night in wz132 chasing my daily double.

took out my t30, had a stonker as usual. dont know how people complain about the t30, yes the gun can troll, but having a turret, hull down, with a 750 avergae gun is ridiculous.

took out the m46 patton, mastery badge 1, 5,300 damage done, 6 kills, 3 medals, 80k credits.... how the fook do u get the ace tnaker in it! since the buff it is my fav medium... the t54 isnt far behind, but i have only about 100 games in t54 and about 400 i think in patton.. worst stock grind in game (rage sold it twice i think!!) but once elited with a decent crew its fookin great. gun is so trollish, miss a t29 from 50 metres when full aimed! then next shot hit a waffle from 300metres while on the move. rngesus.

have the m48 'fatton' unlocked a while... might buy it.. or wait till i have t62a unlocked.. better tank. or buy both..

only tier 10s i have in garage are batchat and is4 atm. i have a few unlocked though, is7, m48, obj268, t1oe4...

if i had credits id be sorted. lowe needs a serious buff, so fookin slow.. great credits but its the biggest arty magnet in game id say!!!

I had an interesting game last night....managed to deal some damage to both Quickfingers (AKA Quickybaby) and Ikzor as they derped through a match in their KV-5's.....would have done more but an IS-6 spotted the easy meat and keep focused on me which prevented me into a better position to get more flank shots into the KV-5's.

My 3-4 secs of fame as they looked over the team lists!!

Funny watching how aggressive they were as they rolled up a flank on their own. Obviously confident in their ability to double team enemy tanks. (Which they did) Meanwhile an IS-6 driver was playing peek a boo with me in my VK 30.02D...he could have just charged me easily.

nice one, seen ikzor in game once. and had a game with circon on tuesday it hink it was. he was platooned with 2 [circ] dudes in mediums.

we had a comfortable win, think i done about 1200 dmg before being killed, he done 4k damage and this was a really short game. he was in obj140 ii

So again, I was watching this russian youtuber and he said, that Russian Servers will be getting event in September. You will be able to get KV220 or Type 62.
    He said about condition too, but those are pretty much Bonkers. You will have to play almost every day for about 3 hours all September to get one Tank.

I dont know if this event will be coming to Eu though.

FTR said the same too, something like complete a daily mission for 25 out of the 30 days of September. I have a KV-220, and it's a neat tier 5 premium and all, but I don't think it's worth that level of grief.

Do you prefer KV-220 or Churchill III? I'm thinking about getting a Soviet heavy crew trainer. I probably should have got the Churchill III when it was half price.

They're broadly similar. Both have good armour, but fairly fast firing, but slightly low pen guns. The CIII has better pen and RoF, but less alpha, the KV-220 being the reverse. I find the KV-220 armour, while nominally lower, is more reliable, as while the CIII armour is higher in many spots, but much also lower in many. Either of them will do the job just fine though.

the ciii wont pen a kv1 unless your firing gold, which most ciii drivers do.

the daily on the ru server wil lrequire the average person to play approx 25 games a day for 25 days of a month.

It sounds tougher than the Super Pershing/IS-6 missions but the rewards are lower tier tanks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Aenaes wrote: »
    It sounds tougher than the Super Pershing/IS-6 missions but the rewards are lower tier tanks.
    Exactly; at least for a tier 8 I can see some motivation in doing it over buying it but for a tier 5 that cost less than 15 EUR (and half that in sales)? That's some serious game time involved (60h+) for that reward...

• Advertisement

I suppose the excuse they can use is that both are "rare" vehicles, currently not available to purchase from the in-game store.#

Details have been released: http://ftr.wot-news.com/2014/08/25/free-kv-220-and-type-62/

Light tank missions

- deal 12k damage, spot for 12k spotting damage, destroy 5 enemy tanks and gain 12,5k base XP (x2, prem bonus don’t count) in a tier 5+ light tank, get 2000 XP bonus, once per day
    - complete the mission above 5 times, get 1 day of prem account
    - complete the mission 10 times, another 1 day of prem account
    - complete the mission 15 times, another 1 day of prem account
    - complete the mission 25 times, get KV-220 + garage slot

Medium tank missions

- deal 20k damage, destroy 25 enemy tanks and gain 13,5k base XP (x2, prem bonus don’t count) in a tier 6+ medium tank, get 2000 XP bonus, once per day
    - complete the mission above 5 times, get 1 day of prem account
    - complete the mission 10 times, another 1 day of prem account
    - complete the mission 15 times, another 1 day of prem account
    - complete the mission 25 times, get Type 62 + garage slot

The 12k spotting damage in a light tank is gonna be so much pain unless you platoon up for that specific reason. It's scary how many people can't damage tanks you spot.
    Just realised the medium mission will coincide with me grinding the Centurion, I might be able to pick up 2k XP bonus a couple of times.

That mission, aside from its broken work versus reward logic, also has you grinding mediums to win a heavy, and mediums to win a light.

Yeah, so there's no real incentive for lovers of a specific tank type to grind them. "Oh, I love playing light tanks. They're all I play. Wait, I'll win a big, slow heavy tank that I will hate playing?"

Also, 121 is going to be the next tier X on discount. After having it researched for 10 months, waiting for it to be Top of the Tree they decide to put it now. I now have no credits from buying the Comet and Centurion to get the FV.

ah bollox, is that for the whole month of september that 121 will be 'top of the tree'?

i just got the wz132, have the second highest gun on it, and everything else unlocked and im just not feeling it yet. its too fast! its a light tank, so im used to rushing to my medium spots, but im getting there too quick with zero support and getting owned early on.

need to gel with it. but was thinking of just free xping the rest to unlock the tier 9... might just use the whole of next month on the tier 9.

Top of the Tree only runs for half a month, so the WZ-132, WZ-120 and 121 will be on sale until the 15th September. After that it's the British artillery.

ah thats grand, i will just aim to have the wz-120 unlocked and bought so.

I have not played for good few days. Did 2 games in Hellcat and got this lol. Me and AMX rushed on the hill and after that it was pretty much Turkey shoot.
    So far hellcat really pisses me off with that slow turret traverse. Its painful!

NewBitmapImage_zpsc891ac5c.png

• Advertisement

Spear wrote: »
    Looks I'll have to work hard to unlock some more modules on my new KV-1S before the patch. Only got tracks and 1 gun so far.

Glad I held off on buying the Chaffee. Got 45K xp on the M5, but has been solely tempting over last week or so to use free XP to bridge the gap.

Advertisement