Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just General Chat About WoT

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,180 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Well, when playing wot, you always need a place where you can bitch and moan a bit lol. It's a shame I am the only one who does it, others are too high class for that :pac:.

Class? Oh no, it's not like that. It's just that if I stated my opinions on the level of average players, especially since school holidays kicked in, I'd just get myself infracted or banned.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,279 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Well, when playing wot, you always need a place where you can bitch and moan a bit lol. It's a shame I am the only one who does it, others are too high class for that :pac:.

E25 was on my buy list, after I already got T34, I sort of have no more interest in premium tanks. If I need credits, I just fire up T34 and open my big sack with dollar sign.
    Funny enough, I was watching some Russian youtubers and from some "lose" research in turns out that jagtigger 8.8 is the best for credits.

I might get E25 or Lowe and some point. I do play a lot of german heavies and Tds.
    The E25 is not so much for credit as it's damn fun to outrun your team's light scout tank towards the enemy lines :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Nody wrote: »
    The E25 is not so much for credit as it's damn fun to outrun your team's light scout tank towards the enemy lines :pac:

It would be more for crew train and fun. I am working in Borsik line right now, but I plan on going the other German route too. So yeah, crew training would come in handy.
    When it comes to credits I just use T34. That thing just pushed me off from owning other premium Tanks. Just no need for them anymore. I do loot at Lowe as potential buy someday.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Funny enough, I was watching some Russian youtubers and from some "lose" research in turns out that jagtigger 8.8 is the best for credits.

I bought the 8.8cm instead of the Lowe. However I find it no fun compared to the E-25 or other T5-T6 German TDs.....too slow for my liking.

Tenger wrote: »
    I bought the 8.8cm instead of the Lowe. However I find it no fun compared to the E-25 or other T5-T6 German TDs.....too slow for my liking.

Oh, I agree with that. It's not my cup of tea at all. If I do go for these heavy armour bastards, I at least like them to have a punchy gun. 8.8 is just meh for a behemoth like jagtiger.
    I would go with E25 over jagtiger too. I am just saying that shockingly jagtiger is a good earner. That video was a bit oldish though, so who knows what changes were since then.

I was wondering, does kv-5 ever come on for sale anymore? Or is it a relic? I sow a video of some vk74 too. Now that was a weird tier 10 tank.

• Advertisement

5 Loses
    1 Draw
    1 Win ( I did 70 damage and 2600 spiting damage as a German glass cannon tier 7 TD )

I am on the roll of **** Tonight, I cant even get first Wins of the day...

Edit:

10 Losses
    1 Draws
    2 Wins

I am ****ing calling it a day. My plan of relaxing and playing some tankies after busy day goes down the drain.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

5 Loses
    1 Draw
    1 Win ( I did 70 damage and 2600 spiting damage as a German glass cannon tier 7 TD )

I am on the roll of **** Tonight, I cant even get first Wins of the day...

Edit:

10 Losses
    1 Draws
    2 Wins

I am ****ing calling it a day. My plan of relaxing and playing some tankies after busy day goes down the drain.

Your first mistake was thinking playing WoT is relaxing.

I used to think T1 was a tier to just blitz through but I'm having trouble getting out of my vickers with it's pewpewpew machine gun. It's ****ing awesome fun.

314585.jpg

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 79 ✭✭Drweavil

I hate to be a story topper but I can't resist it this morning;). My KV-220 and T-49 are the tanks that I get the most fun and results from...

All of my replays can be found here:
    http://wotreplays.com/uploader/Meremortal/id/273894

Aww, why didn't my pic show like yours Canis? :(

• Advertisement

Drweavil wrote: »
    Aww, why didn't my pic show like yours Canis? :(

Upload the pic then copy its url. In advanced mode drop the url into the insert pic icon and problem solved. (helps to resize it in mspaint or something first)

EDIT: That's an awesome round btw.

314590.jpg

Howzat! Cheers mate :)

On another note someone advise me. KV2 or T150? (I'm pushing the IS line so the other line will be more of a hobby) Just wondering is the KV2 with its derp turret a bit of fun to play?

On another note someone advise me. KV2 or T150? (I'm pushing the IS line so the other line will be more of a hobby) Just wondering is the KV2 with its derp turret a bit of fun to play?

The KV2 is a good tank but really needs to be played as a support tank due to it's long reload. When I'm in my KV-1S I love coming up against KV-2's, sure, they might get one good shot into me, but I'll kill him every time as my DPM will always overmatch his.

The T-150 is an interesting character, you don't see many of them but some of our Unicums play it and enjoy it. I also watched a DezGamez video the other day where he made an interesting point, if the long awaited KV-1S nerf does arrive one day, the T-150 could become a more interesting prospect.

Other than that they both share the IS chassis, so they bounce fairly well, and both have large turrets and in the case of the KV2, feckin' huge so you can end up being shot a lot when you can't reply.

I'd probably go with the T-150 solely because a tracked KV-2 is a dead KV-2. TBH I don't really feel either are worth it and I'd call ya crazy for not getting a KV-1S.

The KV2 is a good tank but really needs to be played as a support tank due to it's long reload. When I'm in my KV-1S I love coming up against KV-2's, sure, they might get one good shot into me, but I'll kill him every time as my DPM will always overmatch his.

The T-150 is an interesting character, you don't see many of them but some of our Unicums play it and enjoy it. I also watched a DezGamez video the other day where he made an interesting point, if the long awaited KV-1S nerf does arrive one day, the T-150 could become a more interesting prospect.

Other than that they both share the IS chassis, so they bounce fairly well, and both have large turrets and in the case of the KV2, feckin' huge so you can end up being shot a lot when you can't reply.

I'd probably go with the T-150 solely because a tracked KV-2 is a dead KV-2. TBH I don't really feel either are worth it and I'd call ya crazy for not getting a KV-1S.

I already have the IS line. I'm up to IS3. But I have the xp on the KV to spend and just wondering as a hobby to go for the KV2 or T150. T150 just strikes me as ordinary though.

Were I you, I'd convert the xp using gold, but if that's not your thing go with the KV-2 which will give you more fun moments. But for ghods sake, whatever you do, don't get caught out in the open in it!

Were I you, I'd convert the xp using gold, but if that's not your thing go with the KV-2 which will give you more fun moments. But for ghods sake, whatever you do, don't get caught out in the open in it!

He can't convert if it other tanks are not researched.

I would go with t-150 just because that line actually have a future and kv4 might be a fun tank to play.
    If you go with kv-2, then the only option you got is to go scumbag line and drop suitcases on other tank drivers.

He can't convert if it other tanks are not researched.

Oh yeah... lol soz :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,180 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

So the Chieftain is officially being considered as a replacement for the FV-215b. Time to get back to the Conqueror then.

Spear wrote: »
    So the Chieftain is officially being considered as a replacement for the FV-215b. Time to get back to the Conqueror then.

Eh?

• Advertisement

Eh?

The FV4202 and FV215b are both being considered for replacements.

The FV4202 and FV215b are both being considered for replacements.

Actually russian fella did mentioned it. Thats one of the medium tanks, right? Plan is to make it Premium and put a brand new tier X tank instead. something like they did with T34.

Actually russian fella did mentioned it. Thats one of the medium tanks, right? Plan is to make it Premium and put a brand new tier X tank instead. something like they did with T34.

Indeed, but I don't think there's going to be free premiums like they did with the T34.

Indeed, but I don't think there's going to be free premiums like they did with the T34.

Aye, heard that too. Devs will do something else. no way they will give out another premium like that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,279 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Aye, heard that too. Devs will do something else. no way they will give out another premium like that.
    Indeed; they changed policy in general so no free tanks, no free slots, no free experience etc. :(

Played only 3 matches today before I had to go. Won 2 and lost one, but I was on top of my team.

Hopefully I'll be able to run away and play some more wot.
    I did had a very bad few days in wot, but funny enough my wn7 and wn8 went up by good but, but my win ratio just plummeted lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

was away for 2.5 weeks, came home tuesday evening played few games, won nearly all of them and enjoyed it a lot after the break. got ace tanker badge in tiger i for a loss!

What a day.... Started off in my T34, which was instapoped by enemy arty at very start of the match.
    Then a mix of okay games and **** games.
    And a pinnacle of today was when I played T28 and tried to hold my position, but my own team T34 just blocked me in from behind so he would hide his hull and I would get all the shots. After few firefights I told him to feck off and give me some space, but instead he called me noob and just started to push me out in front of enemy fire from a cover. I killed enemy tank, did some damage and survived that with 9hp. I called him an asshole, so he just turned to me and killed me.... Called me a noob and idiot few times, rolled to his death and then called all our team noobs and ******s.
    We lost and I just jumped in to other tank to play on. When I came back I sow that he went in to private chat with me and gave me **** that my score was lower then his and that I am a complete noob. ( I did played T28 with only Second gun, but I still managed to kill 2 tanks and do 1600 damage ) He added me in to ignore list too so I could not say a thing to him...
    Right after that I played ARL 44 and got one shoted by G.W.Tiger as soon as I got in to position. I did not even see who scouted me out.

This game can just make you lose faith in humanity and make you want to purge some of the human kind scum population.

This game can just make you lose faith in humanity and make you want to purge some of the human kind scum population.
    Can make you lose faith? I lost that faith a long time ago and I'm a firm believer that Darwin was wrong because of the player population in general:p

• Advertisement

WoT doesn't destroy faith in humanity, it merely reveals that you were wrong to have any faith in humanity in the first place.

Advertisement