Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just General Chat About WoT

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,180 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

4 models means 400 meg of content to download before a single map is added to the patch. That's something they need to bear in mind. Their CDN bill is plenty big as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I have to say I'm a big fan of the HD models. Makes the tanks look 'real'. I wonder though what the impact to GFX will be with more HD tanks roaming about.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I have to say I'm a big fan of the HD models. Makes the tanks look 'real'. I wonder though what the impact to GFX will be with more HD tanks roaming about.

I think only yours will be really HD, the rest of them will use worse textures to minimise performance hit.
    I do agree about HD models. They really make Wot a lot better. I love them. I got my Tiger I with all camos now even if I already fully researched Tiger II.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,180 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Your own will be full HD, any other HD tanks will be at 50% detail.

I have to admit, it was just a Turkey shoot. Had a great vk30 spotter. thanks to him I was not spotted once and all I did was just press mouse button 1. :pac:

I know mow why QuickyBaby loves Nashorn. That thing is just mental. The gun on it is just scary.

NewBitmapImage_zpse4198691.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Nashorn is pretty good, I didnt mind it at all (61% win rate in it ....but elited it pretty fast, just 36 games, must have done a lot of doubles in it). However next TD up has a looonnnggg grind until you get the better gun.

BigEejit wrote: »
    Nashorn is pretty good, I didnt mind it at all (61% win rate in it ....but elited it pretty fast, just 36 games, must have done a lot of doubles in it). However next TD up has a looonnnggg grind until you get the better gun.

Most likely I will use free xp to get gun. Problem is I got a lot of tanks researched very soon. t54 is about 15k away, T28 is 4k away, ARL 44 about 8k and that thing after nashorn is about 15k away and I am not even talking about tiger that I already researched about a month ago... I will convert XP to get main bits to one of them, but I am not sure which one.

I really want Borsik or T95. t54 sounds yummy too. French line is more of a part time venture anyway. I cant afford convert free xp for all of these tanks lol.

Lulz.... Was there any module left undamaged on the ARL44? And bless that KV3.. 5 shots...

Lulz.... Was there any module left undamaged on the ARL44? And bless that KV3.. 5 shots...

Hehe, I sow that too and it did made me giggle. I did tracked a lot in that game, but it looks like ARL 44 was just got really unlucky.

Well, I just bough myself T28. Sold my T25 AT. It was actually fun TD to play, good gun, good fun depression and armour was trollish at times, but nothing to write back home about.

I got 12k Free xp and I am thinking of getting 50k converted for gun.... Hmmmm.

Just had my first round in IS3. Retard team unfortunately so we lost (a tiger2 team mate aiming for an enemy, I **** you not about 10 metres in front of me, hit me in the side and took out my gun.....) but I see good things in the future with this tank.

Feels unnatural to face head on to an enemy though :)

• Advertisement

Top gun in it really makes that tank shine. Hide your lower plate, its made of putty .... and the tank suffers from ammo rack a lot more than other tanks.

The worst thing about it is all the tier 10 games, I did it a long time ago and I kid you not it was like 60% tier 10 games, 30% tier 9 games and 10% tier 8 games. You will struggle to have an effect in a tier 10 game.

Bring some gold ammo.

Is -3 is great tank when it is fully upgraded. ( i guess you can judge any tank only when it is fully upgraded)
    As said above, lower plate is made out of tinfoil and ammo rack is directly behind it. It's annoying as hell. Other then that it's a great bruiser with great gun.

As for me... I had a few games in T28, which is stock, and I really hating it. It's painfully slow and so far I got penetrated every single time. Makes me wonder, whats the point of all that armour. I'll play a bit more, but more and more I think I needed to go T30 way.

Well, my Is-8 Mastery badge. Not a fantastic game, but looks like Mastary badge worthy. If I would not had been Yolo killed by IS-3, it might have been better score.

NewBitmapImage_zps4d937f20.png

My opinion about T28:

1332828037815.gif

Every single game I get engine blown up and every second game I am set on fire. So fecking sick of this thing. I am not sure if I will have enough patients to grind it to get T95. The thing is horrible.

And all you have at the end is a TD so slow that the match is over by the time you get to where you need to be.

This game infuriates me and makes me want to cry all a the same time. Entire team save me and an arty went all to one flank and they ALL died in about 2 minutes. How does that even happen?

And all you have at the end is a TD so slow that the match is over by the time you get to where you need to be.

The speed is not even the annoying thing. It can use Shermans nickname "Tommy cooker" and be proud of it. I got 14k xp on it already and only one game I had tier 8. A TD, which relays on its Armour in tier X game is more useless then VW Jetta with 2 flat tires.

On another note, I am so sick of playing with retards. I am really playing a lot better lately, but I just cant get wins at all. So frustrating being on top 3 all the time in losers team.
    Arty is another topic. I actually started to rage. Flanking in T44 ferdinand, getting perfect timing between his reloads and just parking behind his arse is so satisfying. Then when you done and feel awesome about yourself you get shaved more then 2/3 of your health 5 seconds later by a retard clicker.

New record, got set on fire in my T28 2 times in a matter off 5-6 seconds.

So yeah, I am having a complete love/furious super derp rage hate relationship with T28 right now. I am still to get last gun for it, but I am not sure If I will be spending much time with this TD. I am sure now that I am not going to use free on damn thing. Win of the day it's all she is going to get.

MM for this TD is just stupid. I don't see nothing, but tier X games. It's just useless there. Funny enough I played in T34 and met T28, I decided to try out the shot at its front plate and surely enough I plowed through it like knife through butter.
    Then in some games I manage just to put fear in to enemy lines. It's more of psychological tank, then effective tank. Sometimes I just go Yolo head on and enemy team just panics and shoots me all over the place. It all ends in them bouncing, retreating, and my team rolling in. When T28 works - it's super satisfying, but the rest 99% of the games it's just a matchbox waiting to be set on fire.

I had the very same matchmaking in IS-3 ages ago. Mostly I was in the bottom 2 or 3 tanks getting derped by higher tiers....very rarely getting tier 8 games..

What bugged the siht out of me though was a couple of other guys in the clan were getting loads of tier 8 matches and having a great time in their IS-3's. I literally spent twice as long on the IS3 as they did. Fcuking wargaming and their craptastic MM.

• Advertisement

I just researched ARL 44. Even at stock I am nicely surprised... I did had to free XP turret though... If I would have been seen with that thing in public, I would kill myself...

I am thinking to free XP at least to a first Decent gun.

Well, looks like its becoming my monolog thread at this stage. Ah well, I might use it as my blog so :pac:.

I am a bum again now. Only 1.7mil to my name after these 2 weeks. I bought T28 ( as you know from my bitching ), ARL 44.
    Today alone I got Tiger II and T-54 ( my second Tier 9 tank, woot woot! ).

T-54 stock is horrible so far. I think I might to play it a bit passively and get Tracks and turret, then Ill just Free xp the gun.

Tiger II is actually interesting. I did splash out on free xp to get all the bits, but not a top gun. Top is only 25 extra pen, so I can live the current Gun. Already managed to get 12k xp on it. I dont really like the gun so far ( I know its not the top gun, but it is almost same. It has low Alpha damage.
    The other thing I realised about Tiger II - its horrible for credits. Its just a black hole. Even in games that I do a good bit of damage I still managed to lose credits. Looks like repair costs for damn thing are massive.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 79 ✭✭Drweavil

I just researched ARL 44. Even at stock I am nicely surprised... I did had to free XP turret though... If I would have been seen with that thing in public, I would kill myself...

I am thinking to free XP at least to a first Decent gun.

The ARL 44 is surprisingly good, the front and turret are surprisingly bouncy when angled correctly

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,279 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

T-54 stock is horrible so far. I think I might to play it a bit passively and get Tracks and turret, then Ill just Free xp the gun.
    You really need to get a better gun on it as well (oh and enjoy the ammo racks while you have them; it's not for long...)

To lighten the mood, I present this glorious last second save in my Matilda IV:

http://wotreplays.eu/site/999774#windstorm-thespearman-matilda

Nody wrote: »
    You really need to get a better gun on it as well (oh and enjoy the ammo racks while you have them; it's not for long...)

Yeah, the gun looks fantastic on paper and a lot of youtubers praise T54 for being a very good brawler. I am looking forward in playing it when I get stuff on it, but stock it is just painful.

I noticed tiger II is having engine in front too... At least it is not as bad as a some TD I might know.

And since I'm having a strange day:

http://wotreplays.eu/site/1002036#mines-thespearman-t-34

The damage results alone tell the story of that one. And a bonus moaning StuG who gets beat out for the Top Gun.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Well, looks like its becoming my monolog thread at this stage. .

I am a bum again now. Only 1.7mil to my name after these 2 weeks. I bought T28 ( as you know from my bitching ), ARL 44.
    Today alone I got Tiger II and T-54 ( my second Tier 9 tank, woot woot! ).

"Only 1.7M to my name" I think the most I have ever had in my account was 2 million. And I have only bought 2 Tier 7's so far! Looks like my grind is getting harder soon.

I enjoy your blog here....lets me see how others view the gameplay. I recently got Sixth Sense on my 2nd tank....JPanzer IV, I also use this crew on my E25.....so as you may guess I am loving the E25 with Sixth Sense. Next up for it should be my T49 crew, really like that tank, as it seems to do well even in bad MM.

In terms of spending my credits I'm trying to unlock some German Tier 6 tanks at the mo.

I've converted that T-34 game to Youtube video, so you can all bask in my reflected glory. And more importantly to see if 1440p works:

• Advertisement

Tenger wrote: »
    "Only 1.7M to my name" I think the most I have ever had in my account was 2 million. And I have only bought 2 Tier 7's so far! Looks like my grind is getting harder soon.

I enjoy your blog here....lets me see how others view the gameplay. I recently got Sixth Sense on my 2nd tank....JPanzer IV, I also use this crew on my E25.....so as you may guess I am loving the E25 with Sixth Sense. Next up for it should be my T49 crew, really like that tank, as it seems to do well even in bad MM.

In terms of spending my credits I'm trying to unlock some German Tier 6 tanks at the mo.

Well, when playing wot, you always need a place where you can bitch and moan a bit lol. It's a shame I am the only one who does it, others are too high class for that :pac:.

E25 was on my buy list, after I already got T34, I sort of have no more interest in premium tanks. If I need credits, I just fire up T34 and open my big sack with dollar sign.
    Funny enough, I was watching some Russian youtubers and from some "lose" research in turns out that jagtigger 8.8 is the best for credits.

I might get E25 or Lowe and some point. I do play a lot of german heavies and Tds.

Advertisement