Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just General Chat About WoT

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Spear wrote: »
    Clan wars are run on both servers, depending upon the map.
    Ah right, I am behind the times, they used to be EU1 only iirc

Still think there are far more tomatoes on EU2

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

anyone play on standard account, i normally play premium 100%, but im normally grinding.

premium ran out last weekend, going on holiday for few weeks monday so not re subbing. played a few games over last few days on standard, still making small profits (and some huge profits thanks to missions), had a great game last night in batchat, 4 or 5 kills, 5k damage(still only good enough for mastery 2 badge) and made a small profit.. couldnt believe it, some wins in it i actually lose credits on premium, even with good damage done!!

bought the t54 the other night, only have the top gun from the t44 on it, my god its sh1t stock!!

i COULD spent 10e and convert free xp to buy the t110e4 while its top of the tree discount, but i honestly dont think im gonna bother buying it at all so meh!

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭VikingG

I only play standard... maybe I'm cheap.... from what I can see premium gives you a 50% bonus to credits and exp. ... yes that's handy but doesn't make you enjoy the game anymore.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

VikingG wrote: »
    I only play standard... maybe I'm cheap.... from what I can see premium gives you a 50% bonus to credits and exp. ... yes that's handy but doesn't make you enjoy the game anymore.
    It depends on what you enjoy; personally the fact I can skip over early derpa derpa guns, minimize my time grinding credits and focus on getting the tier Xs for CW I find it helps me enjoy it. On the other hand I have a clan member with over 122 Million silver and only really spend time on his Type 59 as he loves it who has no reason to bother with premium.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I only plat with Premium now. I generally spend 20eu a month on that package. 3500 gold and 1 month sub.

Sounds like a lot to pay per month, but I want to enjoy the game, not grind it ( even if it is in its nature ). Premium gives me a boost and extra gold for camos, crew and mostly for converting xp. I use converted xp on upgrading newly bought tanks or skiping first 4-5 tiers in new tree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

I also spend money on the game on a regular basis, playing high tier tanks can get really really expensive. I played a great game in my GWE100 arty some time ago, 6.5k damage and 5 kills... not killed myself and not shooting gold ammo and I lost money.

It is a free game and can be played as such, but the day no-one buys gold from wargaming is the day the servers get turned off. People whinging about premium tanks need to understand that without those premium tanks they dont get to play for free....

The only thing I will give the whingers is sometimes there are a lot of premium tanks in a game and they are quite often driven by complete donkeys....

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,743 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Well as above Premium has its advantages. I am currently in my 2nd month of Premium. Before that I bought a few 3 day subs as I knew I would be getting in a solid 2 days gaming.

I am still grinding my way up, so the Premium will benefit me in the long run (Only got 1 Tier 7 vehicle so far...unlocked another 3)

I also availed of the Xmas sales to buy myself a couple of premium tanks, (E25, TOG, T14, Churchill III) These are used for crew training.
    In Feb I treated myself to a Bday pressie of a JadTiger 8.8cm

At this point I don't see the need for any more Premium tanks, so am happy to but Premium when I know I will get some serious hours tanking in. Shame it doesn't allow you to pause the odd time. (I usually play a lot for 2-3 days...then hardly ever for another 3-4 days)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Trololololo derp. Almost had 9... arty was the last enemy... we shot at the same time but he got me first :(

312496.jpg

That does look like a good game for you m8. Well deserved mastery badge.

I myself getting really umucky with my T25 AT, or even just in general.
    I am having great games with gully upgraded nashorn, I am top of my team and 2-3k damage done, but I always lose. It's like a curse at this stage.

One shot, one kill.... makes me laugh when I get a game like that except for the kv1 who went against me when I was hull down on a ridge.... 7 hits in a row.... bless the noobs for the experience they give to me.

Can't cope with turretless TD's I've always found them such a chore to drive.

• Advertisement

HAHA thats a great game for the m4, the amount of damaged modules.. gotta love HE.

i absolutly HATED the m4!!!

Really? I like it and have never sold it. It suffers from being squishy but as a second line tank it has two nice and different guns to choose from. Back before the nerf to HE with premium rounds it was a complete lol tank.

I went the Easy 8 after it and that's never been as much fun. Rapid firing gun but far too poorly armored for what you face and I find the rounds from the gun never really seem to go where you want them to. Always mean to buy an E2 to try that as a change. Never get around to it.

yeah i played m4, then to get to t29 i just free exp'd

so July missions are quite **** this time around. Is it me, or wot started giving crapier events and weekends lately?

http://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/pc-browser/44/missions-july-2014/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,127 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

No point in wasting the good missions during the quiet time of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭VikingG

ya that is the sort of mission you either just get by normal playing or not at all...
    destroy 340 tanks to get Vents....which are about 500K..

I can imagine people driving around looking for that one Chinese tank that is on the enemy team.

i would prefer if they would have reversed it ... Destroy 50 tanks while driving a French tank etc. Would encourage people to have a broader range of tanks in their garage.... as an aside I have one guy at work here (who is Russian) who will ONLY drive Russian tanks...

copeyhagen wrote: »
    yeah i played m4, then to get to t29 i just free exp'd
    I use the 76mm gun on the M4, should I got for the 105 derp with HE?

I already unlocked and bought the Sherman Jumbo....aimed for the T29 from there. E2 does seem to have nice bouncey armour.

Got myself a T14 a while back to train up a crew for the T29. But so far haven't really put much grinding into them.

ya that is the sort of mission you either just get by normal playing or not at all...
    destroy 340 tanks to get Vents....which are about 500K..

I can imagine people driving around looking for that one Chinese tank that is on the enemy team.

i would prefer if they would have reversed it ... Destroy 50 tanks while driving a French tank etc. Would encourage people to have a broader range of tanks in their garage.... as an aside I have one guy at work here (who is Russian) who will ONLY drive Russian tanks...

specially when a a month or two ago you would get 5 Premium repair packs for 5 wins etc...

Tenger wrote: »

I already unlocked and bought the Sherman Jumbo....aimed for the T29 from there. E2 does seem to have nice bouncey armour.

Got myself a T14 a while back to train up a crew for the T29. But so far haven't really put much grinding into them.

I'll answer though I wasn't asked and the answer is: whatever you prefer :) with the derp you'll damage everything although since the nerf you'll not worry heavies as much anymore however when top tier you'll be one shotting lots of tanks and wrecking modules/crew on whatever lives.

76mm is fast firing, nice pen but for me just makes the tank 'ordinary'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

The two guns are different playstyles. 76mm is nice for rapid fire sniping while the 105mm can be pure fun especially in tier V battles. I'd definitely recommend trying the different configurations on the different tanks.

With the E2 you should definitely use the 105mm, the E8 is there for the 76mm. On E2, also use the stock turret since it has thicker armour.

T14 is a decent tank, I bought it about 2 years ago. It was better before they changed the HE mechanics since you could really KVs with HE shells since your AP would more than likely bounce.
    T14 has pretty good armour, you can use it against tier IVs and certain tier Vs. Since you have the same gun as M3 Lee, beware of KV-1s, Churchills and other tanks with good armour.
    Don't be afraid to fire some premium rounds from time to time, you will need them and you should still be able to make a profit.

• Advertisement

76mm is fast firing, nice pen but for me just makes the tank 'ordinary'

I got enough of those type of tanks

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,127 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Speaking of the T14, this is the photo I took of it on Saturday:

74wzEK_thumb.jpg

Speaking of the T14, this is the photo I took of it on Saturday...
    Oh, jealous. Where was that?

Oh, jealous. Where was that?

Bovington Tank Museum. There's a few others, including the FV 4202. I am however a spectacularly bad photographer.

Bovington Tank Museum. There's a few others, including the FV 4202. I am however a spectacularly bad photographer.

Actually thats where we want to go with lads next year, maybe even for next Tankfest.

This year they had the vehicle conservation centre open to the public, which is where they have some of the odder stuff, such as the T14, the Excelsior, FV 4202 etc.

You know what annoys me.... when someone presses the quick chat button to tell me to fallback when you're in a position that's just been completely overrun and there is no way to fall back.... If I could punch someone through the computer screen and tell them that I ****ing know I should fall back but clearly I can't and we're all ****ed anyway....

/rant.

Finally a good game, where I actually win! :pac: Mastery badge with only 1 kill lol.

NewBitmapImage_zps6108768f.png

• Advertisement

Is that all for this patch?

If yes, then it sucks and my buddy will be over the moon. He is from North and he LOVES his Churchils.... He loves his Stug too.... **** him!

Advertisement