Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 brides!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

kildareash wrote: »
    I have never found comfortable shapewear. I don't know if i'd wear it on my wedding day.

Ditto. There's a relatively high probability of bog standard comfy M&S knickers for me on the day, don't really need shapewear because my dress is boned up top and has a full skirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Id be in the same boat, sorry I think it was someone on the wedding tips thread said that note about needing to use the loo and tackling with the spanx. I could just see it going wrong..

I must say though the Dunnes body suit is lovely to wear... It is one that it doesn't matter what breast size you are, it has straps and there is a little lace bit that just comes over the side of the boob lets say.. No muffin top or anything like that. just holds you in enough

There are some bad ones out there when you sit down tis like little bumps start appearing where they never were before

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Milly33 wrote: »
    Id be in the same boat, sorry I think it was someone on the wedding tips thread said that note about needing to use the loo and tackling with the spanx. I could just see it going wrong..

I must say though the Dunnes body suit is lovely to wear... It is one that it doesn't matter what breast size you are, it has straps and there is a little lace bit that just comes over the side of the boob lets say.. No muffin top or anything like that. just holds you in enough

There are some bad ones out there when you sit down tis like little bumps start appearing where they never were before
    I was just going to post about the Dunnes body suits, I have the one that has straps and just sits underneath your boobs. Not sure if its the same one you're talking about but its great! And comfortable!!

Id say tis the one alrite it even looks pretty to wear unlike the beige spanks... Must say tis a gem of a find...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,271 ✭✭✭✭fits

They sound great! I was quite restricted as my dress has a lowish back. In retrospect I would have got the same dress with a higher back but its done now. I was informed yesterday that my bra size is 30 FF, not 32 E. and I think the cups on the slip I have are probably way off.

With all the saving etc I have just realised I have no clothes! Especially for day after, I have nothing suitable. What is everyone wearing?

• Advertisement

I'm going to a hurling match with my OH the day after - probably a cardi, T-shirt and jeans! We're going shopping this weekend to get some new clothes for the wedding week and honeymoon.

I got fitted in Bravissimo last week too. Go team 30FF :)

I actually have no time left to go shopping. The town I live in in Finland has nothing in it and I only have two free weekends left in Ireland. Unless I go to Helsinki. Online just isn't the same. Very difficult to shop for my shape.

I was hoping to get maybe some nice maxi dress or just something relaxed for the next day, but I haven't seen anything really. I am so bad for clothes id spend the day in my trackers if I could... We are planning on doing a few activities that evening so I was thinking maybe cozy clothes for the day and then change into the dress for the evening...

I am dreading bra shopping I must go soon. I remember being told I could be anything from an E - Ff alright at one stage I think she said if I wanted more boob as such go for the E and less go for FF.. They are such a pain to shop for not looking forward to it..

The backless dresses or low backs are gorgeous alright but the bra situation is tedious id say, what are you going to do..

Probably just going to be a Westfields Stratford M&S/Gap/John Lewis smash and grab for us! OH needs a pile of new polo shirts, he's a great man for long-fingering clothes shopping until what he has is literally about to die.

I have yet another new Vivien of Holloway dress for the immediate family dinner the day before the wedding (the pop-up shop where they are selling off their press samples and slight seconds is seriously dangerous to my wallet) too, and I'm really looking forward to breaking out that one :)

Milly33 wrote: »

The backless dresses or low backs are gorgeous alright but the bra situation is tedious id say, what are you going to do..

This slip works quite well. The bra straps are just tucked out of sight and the slip itself gives enough support without them. Thats the theory anyway. I hope it will work.

http://www.marksandspencer.ie/Firm-Control-100-Ways-to-Wear-Padded-A-E-Full-Slip/Parent_T325909,en_IE,pd.html?dwvar_Parent__T325909_color=Y0&start=

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

MY OH has decided I need: My wedding dress, an outfit for breakfast the next day, an outfit for our BBQ that afternoon, an outfit for the next day to go home in and then an outfit for the next day to go on our honeymoon as well as honeymoon outfits!!
    I bloody hate shopping for myself so that's going to be a complete nightmare!! :)

Dovies wrote: »
    MY OH has decided I need: My wedding dress, an outfit for breakfast the next day, an outfit for our BBQ that afternoon, an outfit for the next day to go home in and then an outfit for the next day to go on our honeymoon as well as honeymoon outfits!!
    I bloody hate shopping for myself so that's going to be a complete nightmare!! :)

Oh crap. :o

Well I think my 'go on honeymoon' outfit will be a pair of jersey bottoms and a cardigan. Its long haul flight so I like being cosy on the plane.

I am admiring this at the moment. but I dont think it will work under my dress because of where it ends at the bottom and the suspenders would show. Otherwise it would be perfect. And not ugly.

http://www.whatkatiedid.com/en_eu/product/517/figure-shaping-retro-corselette-with-attached-suspenders

an outfit for breakfast the next day,
    T-shirt and yoga pants
    an outfit for our BBQ that afternoon,
    Dress and flats
    an outfit for the next day to go home in and then an outfit for the next day to go on our honeymoon
    Super comfy stuff sounds like the order of the day here! Screw travelling in anything remotely uncomfortable... we're flying transatlantic and even jeans sound a bit annoying for that.

Ah yes perfect fits should work alright, going to have to do a trial run alright though.. Love the suspenders I am sure too they would make you feel a little dare I say it sexy in all that underwear....
    Finland weak is it lovely there!! I know the online shopping is annoying I keep looking at dresses as I hate shopping but I do like to try before I buy.

Jes all those outfits Dovies, dear lord his a man with a plan... You should get pants and tops and then swop them around so they look like new outfits.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I really want this for the day after:

image1xl.jpg

We're having a BBQ on the grounds so I think it would be nice. I just found out that we also get another complimentary night in the bridal suite on the second night because we've booked the BBQ :D

that's very pretty and sweet an extra night lovely...

Can you get the dress then

Oh yeah, it's available on ASOS. I just don't want to order it yet because I'm not sure what size I'll need it in :)

I see, such a pain in the arse isn't it trying to size...It is rather pretty

Here's the link if anyone is interested in it :)

• Advertisement

That's gorgeous :)

Oh I like this one http://images.asos-media.com/inv/media/0/6/5/6/4846560/print/image1xxl.jpg

Bet that wont work.. What are their sizes like in asos never ordered from them. Like are they truthfull sizes or would you go up one

Depends on the brand, the garment, the colour, the day it was made. Sigh. Sizing is gone bananas.

Oh no I really like that one but like I wouldn't have the patience for returning and all that goes

Asos is a bit of a crapshoot in general, then it gets even more fun when you're between sizes on the size chart! :eek:

Ok enough said ill stop looking at it..So annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Even thinking about Clothes shopping just depresses me! My BM is teeny tiny size 8-10 and claims to have a size 16 trousers in her wardrobe, the brand was that small. I don't really go by sizes anymore, I just keep on trying stuff till it fits.

Got the music list from my wedding singer today. I'm looking forward now to listening to some of the pieces over the weekend. Wedding planning is at a total standstill and I'm getting itchy feet. This will suitably wreck OH's head over the weekend ;)

I feel your pain, im the same I have lots of DIY to do but there is not point in doing it too early as it will just be sitting there getting dusty... So its like mmmm what to do.. Started knitting again to keep me occupied..

Hope the playlist is great now, sure ye can listen to it all weekend and party the house down..

wouldn't it be nice not to have to worry about the sizes alright, especially as they do seem to be very odd now for lest say the 12 - 16 sizes.. I got two casual tops in Next lately one was a 16 which is like a nice loose pretty jumper and the other was a 12 but just as baggy as the 16...

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭nosietoes

I've started honeymoon shopping lately. Bought some white linen comfy trousers, long sleeve floral t-shirt , bathing suit, flip flops... Possibly a cotton sundress but we'll see when it arrives by post - it may be returned pretty quickly.

I bought a lovely dress in phase 8 for the day after that is cream with flowers and a very forgiving silhouette so I can really relax... Will probably end up in Birkenstocks or barefoot in it despite best laid plans!

• Advertisement

I bought a bikini yesterday too! :D In this awesome lingerie shop in kilkenny. They did really good fitting also. Proper shops with good proprietors that sell good stuff are the business.

http://bellefemmelingerie.ie/

Advertisement